Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
beasly15
TEXANS
 
beasly15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: houston
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

the lakers in 4.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #32
GiveItToBurrito
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Here's how it goes. If Kobe is shutdown Rockets have a chance if not. LAkers.

I agree. Kobe could conceivably shoot them out of a game or two if Battier (not Artest, he can be the Lebron stopper in the finals) can force him into low-percentage shots and limit his ability to create for guys like Ariza, Fisher, and Bynum. Houston will probably win two on their own, just by playing in Houston, so if they can steal one in LA like this and defend their home turf, they could shock the world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #33
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
I agree. Kobe could conceivably shoot them out of a game or two if Battier (not Artest, he can be the Lebron stopper in the finals) can force him into low-percentage shots and limit his ability to create for guys like Ariza, Fisher, and Bynum. Houston will probably win two on their own, just by playing in Houston, so if they can steal one in LA like this and defend their home turf, they could shock the world.
Conceivably but really, when's the last time Kobe really shot his team out of a playoff game?

LA for the most part is going to give you a balanced attack even if Kobe shoots ~25 shots.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #34
L8kersfan222
Rip Samurai Swoosh
 
L8kersfan222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Kobe sucks



Blasphemy!
L8kersfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #35
mbell75
Another title in LA :)
 
mbell75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,674
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Who is going to shutdown Kobe? Hes dropped 30+ on them twice and 20+ on them the other two times this year. That was against Artest and Battier with every other Rocket rotating to help. Even if Yao can drop 30, Artest can magically drop 20, Brooks can give you 15 and your bench scores 20...thats still only 85 against a team that averages well over 100 a game. Rockts have nowehere near the firepower to outscore the Lakers.

Rockets only prayer is Kobe has 4 really off games and they can hold Gasol, Odom and cast from scoring too much all while scoring 90+ themselves. Not gonna happen, sorry.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #36
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick
 
Allstar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 5,583
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
So say "I don't think they will..." and not "no they won't" as if you're the authority in NBA games. Just face it that your opinion is skewed and twisted. That's the main reason nobody takes you seriously. Learn to make an unbiased opinion from time to time, and then people will start respecting you. Maybe people in RL too.
You got me all figured out. This is probably the first time you've addressed a post of mine and vice versa. So you don't even know anything about me or my posts or who takes me seriously or what not. Just because I happen to have a Lakers avatar on, you want to generalize and assume that my opionion is biased Even though there are other members in this thread who are saying the exact same thing as me. I get plenty of respect in real life, I don't need any from an internet forum to feel good about myself...but I'm sure you do.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #37
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

I'd be happy if we win a game or 2. With the way we have scoring droughts for long periods of time, I don't see us having chance. That has been our problem for the last 2-3 years, and it still is.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #38
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner
 
thejumpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,405
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Lakers fans are for the most part jackasses though. A lot I have met don't want to hear that their team could possibly lose which makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation with them. Kobe is the best and they will win no matter what.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #39
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,731
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
nba lists him at 6'9"...he is just as big as Odom.

No he really isn't Odom is a legit 6'10..Scola is around 6'8 1/2.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #40
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,731
Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Lakers fans are for the most part jackasses though. A lot I have met don't want to hear that their team could possibly lose which makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation with them. Kobe is the best and they will win no matter what.

Lakers could lose but just not to the Rockets. They don't have the talent or offensive weapons to win a 7 game series against L.A.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #41
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

A lot of variables would have to go our way, basically everyone has to have a good offensive series. Most importantly, Ron Artest has to catch fire, don't say he needs to limit his shots because it just isn't happening. He's gone on some torrid streaks this season but it's been a while. Against the Lakers specifically he shot under 16% from 3, a huge reason we dropped those.

One thing I think the Laker fans are making too big of a deal of is that Kobe hasn't had problems against Battier/Artest in the regular season. The playoffs are a completely different animal, he's going to get worn down facing those guys night after night.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #42
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
One thing I think the Laker fans are making too big of a deal of is that Kobe hasn't had problems against Battier/Artest in the regular season. The playoffs are a completely different animal, he's going to get worn down facing those guys night after night.
I'd be more worried about Yao getting worn down than Kobe. The Lakers are going to make it a point to run unlike the Trailblazers.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #43
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Scola needs to bring his game and elevate it even more. He needs to go FIBA on these boys.

I don't really want to make any predictions and will take these games one at a time.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #44
majorpolymer
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Will the Rockets beat Lakers in a series? No, because they got swept in the regular season.
Will the Nuggets beat Lakers in a series? No, because no one can shutdown Kobe.
Will the Mavericks beat Lakers in a series? No, because Laker's frontline will dominate Dirk+Dampier.
Will the cavaliers beat Lakers in a series? No, because they just have James.

All right, please award L.A. the championship if you think basketball games are such simple.
majorpolymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #45
mbell75
Another title in LA :)
 
mbell75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,674
Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
One thing I think the Laker fans are making too big of a deal of is that Kobe hasn't had problems against Battier/Artest in the regular season. The playoffs are a completely different animal, he's going to get worn down facing those guys night after night.

Kobe was on cruise control this season, saving up for the playoffs, he will be just fine. Besides, he has a ton of talented teammates to help out Too many weapons for the Rockets to contain. The only clear advantage Rockets have is at C.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy