Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #16
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Default Re: Cavs vs Hawks series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
You talking as if Mo, Z, and West are Magic, Kareem and Byron Scott. There is only one clear mismatch in this series and that is Lebron. Everyone else we have an answer for. And if Mo tries to guard JJ it is going to be devestating.

The Cavs are a good team but their record is mostly an indictment of the state of the league rather than their talent. You stop (edit: slow down) Lebron and who is going to take over the game? Boobie?
Mo, Delonte, or Z usually steps up. and if neither of those are the answer, Joe Smith has been performing well since the beg. of the playoffs. And LeBron doesnt need any other person to help him take over the game. He can do it by himself.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
BFRESH44
College star

This series will be alot closer than most think if Joe Johnson actually comes to play...
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

haha if u slow down lebron most likely everyone will be open.
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #19
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
You talking as if Mo, Z, and West are Magic, Kareem and Byron Scott. There is only one clear mismatch in this series and that is Lebron. Everyone else we have an answer for. And if Mo tries to guard JJ it is going to be devestating.

The Cavs are a good team but their record is mostly an indictment of the state of the league rather than their talent. You stop (edit: slow down) Lebron and who is going to take over the game? Boobie?

It's like a broken record when people talk about how Cavs aren't as good as their record says
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #20
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

Cavs sweep by double-digits in each affair.

Next.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

The Hawks are a scary team with a bunch of talent. The problem with them is their immature.

Quote:
-I don't think Josh Smith should be put on LeBron. You don't want Smith in foul trouble. The way to defend LeBron to contain him is to have good help defense. So if Marvin Williams is on LeBron get help defense to make LeBron shoot jumpers. Having Smith coming from the weak side on help defense will be good also because of his shot-blocking ability.

-The Mo Williams and Mike Bibby matchup I think Williams will win. Bibby has lost his step with age, Williams should be able to get around easily.

-Delonte West and Joe Johnson should be interesting. West is capable of giving Johnson fits and making it difficult for him, he's done so in the pass.

-I'm guessing Big Z will get his 15-20 foot looks at the basket easily, since the Hawks will probably try to clog the paint for James. The only question is will he miss or make them.

-Varejao should be put on Smith to try to make it difficult for him. Smith is a good transition offense player, but an average half-court player. Containing him will be part of what the Cavs need to do so things don't get any harder for them.

-The Cavs need to win at least one game on the road.

I think the Hawks will at least win one game at home. I think the Cavs will at least take one game in Atlanta and it could go 6 games. Cavs in 6.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #22
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

If the Hawks have a healthy Marvin Williams they can push this series into Game 6, but if Marvin is not going to play the Cavs will beat the Hawks in 5 games.

Mo Williams is going to step up in this series because he averaged 23.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 3.8 apg againts the Atlanta Hawks in the Regular Season.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #23
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Good luck to the Hawks. I would actually enjoy it if you guys made it competitive and I'll be rooting for you guys to win as the underdogs.

LeBron's got this in his back pocket though. The Cavs are a much improved version of the Heat with Lebron doing what Wade does, which is penetrate and dish or penetrate and score. The only difference is that they have another guy in Mo Williams who can get into the lane, whereas we have Chalmers we needs a screen everytime.

Also, the Cavs D is ALOT better than the Heat D. So if the Hawks thought they had a hard time scoring on their half-court offense against us, we'll the Cavs are going to give them hell. They have the bigs in Wallace and Z to match up with Zaza whereas our tallest guy was like JO who sucks at rebounding anyways.

The best way for the Hawks to win I feel is if they play their transition game every time down the floor off a make or miss. They are great at having their guys sprint down the court after a rebound so maybe they can create some offense that way.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #24
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
The best way for the Hawks to win I feel is if they play their transition game every time down the floor off a make or miss. They are great at having their guys sprint down the court after a rebound so maybe they can create some offense that way.

I totally agree. The Hawks have to run, run and run. The weakest part of the Cavs defense is their transition defense. Teams who run give them problems.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 AM   #25
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Please the Cavs are merely a less athletic better shooting version of the Heat. They basicially have Lebron, Mo and a bunch of NBDL players whose only real skill is that they can hit the wide open jumpers that Lebron serves up to them. They have a 7'3 jumpshooting center and a dude that looks like Punchy.

Cavs really aren't that similar to the Heat

Quote:
The Hawks are going to expose them for the frauds that they are. Hawks in 5. Book it.

The only matchup Im worried about is Delonte getting posted up by Joe Johnson. If you think the Hawks offense looked like s**t against the scrambling and gambling Heat defense, wait until they face the Cavs d The only shot the Hawks have is if the Cavs are missing alot and turning the ball over to help fuel the Hawks transition game. Cavs sometimes struggle against athletic teams.

Lebron is going to rape Josh Smith like he did here..

LeBron James THUNDEROUS Dunk vs. Hawks (12.13.08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdp9Gsk6Zmo

Last edited by Diesel J : 05-04-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #26
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

It is idiotic the way people under value the Cavs and that defense...it is the best in the NBA and the hawks don't have the frontcourt to take advantage of them inside.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #27
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Having watched the Hawks play the Heat I just don't see them having what it takes to score against the Cavs halfcourt defense, and they won't get enough fastbreak opportunities to make up for it.
Another problem for the Hawks is their lack of consistency. To beat the Cavs they would need to bring their A game every play of the series, and they can't do that.

Overall I don't see the Hawks having what it takes to beat the Cavaliers in Cleveland, so the series will start 2-0. After that the Hawks are likely to have one good and one bad game at home, leaving the score at 3-1. Finally the Cavs will head home and close it in game 5.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #28
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Quote:
Laugh if you want but we ain't Detroit.

Why would post a pic of a dunk that didn't count because it was a 24 second violation ?
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #29
JohnnySic
green is good

I think this series could go 6 games, if not 7.

Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams, and Al Horford are all better than anyone on the Cavs save LeBron. People keep ignoring the fact that the Cavs are very vulnerable after LeBron but eventually this is gonna come to light...if only KG wasn't really hurt, ha!
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #30
nashisbest

i'm seeing bibby making a difference but cavs are too strong on many areas

cavs in 4 or 5
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: