Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 05-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lottery countdown!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Right, my bad. I personally think if we get at least the #3 pick, we'll be ok.
Honestly there are alot of players that I wouldnt mind getting considering the fact that unless we get the top pick this player is going to be a role player. So I would love to get a top three pick but if we dont it wont be the end of the world.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

Only four more days until we know the fate of the grizzlies draft pick.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #18
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

http://www.realgm.com/src_lottosim.php

Dynasty
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:16 AM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

Oh the lottery is so close. Tue is just a few days away.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #20
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So where does everyone think we'll land?

1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 or 9?

I think we get the 7th or 8th.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #21
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

I say #3.

Quote:
After drafting point guards who can't shoot (Kyle Lowry in 2006 and Mike Conley Jr. in 2007), the Grizzlies are looking at drafting one who can. They're high on Stephen Curry as a potential point guard and could get him if they land the No. 6 pick, as projected. He's the best shooter in the draft, even if his lack of size and quickness has raised some concerns. "He doesn't guard, so he'd fit right in with the Knicks," said one scout

Thoughts on this?
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't like it at all. If Clark is on the board, take him. That's that for me.

We wouldn't have to worry about a backup SF, he can also play the 4 and he has an all around game. Watch gm's go crazy about this guy once the workouts start.

If we get the 3rd pick and we take Hill, I'd be pissed. With the 3rd pick we should take Harden (Griffin and Rubio will be gone) and look to trade him for a PF.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #23
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Well, I just looked at the Top 100 recruits on ESPN.com, and Lester Hudson is not even on the list!
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #24
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Well, I just looked at the Top 100 recruits on ESPN.com, and Lester Hudson is not even on the list!
Lester Hudson is extremely underrated, then everyone will be shocked and surprised when he emerges in summer league and ends up as a role player during his rookie season after going undrafted.

Lester takes a lot of contested 3's and if he can cut back on doing so he will be a very good NBA player, hes offensively a machine.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
I say #3.

Thoughts on this?
So we have a PG who can't shoot, but can pass but we'd rather have a PG who can shoot but can't pass?

I like Curry but not as a Top 10 pick, if we land Curry we add depth in our backcourt as someone who can spell Conley and someone who is a consistent shooter.

Hill's stock has dropped, taking him at #3 would be a huge stretch.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Grizzlies are looking at Stephen Curry. They want a PG who can shoot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ry.html?page=1
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #27
jailer
MillionDollarException

Conley's jumper is looking real good these days and its only gonna get better.

I would really like to get james harden if we get the third pick.We should take the best player avilable not the "Big Guy".
Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Conley's jumper is looking real good these days and its only gonna get better.

I would really like to get james harden if we get the third pick.We should take the best player avilable not the "Big Guy".
Exactly what I was thinking. He shot 40 percent from beyond the arc this year, that includes the terrible start he got off to, I don't know what it went up to when he had the green light from Hollins.

Conley is fine, he's only played 2 years and was injured most of his rookie season and suffered under a bad coach for his first year and a half.

Drafting Curry above the 8th or so spot is just a terrible move for the Grizzlies.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #29
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Exactly what I was thinking. He shot 40 percent from beyond the arc this year, that includes the terrible start he got off to, I don't know what it went up to when he had the green light from Hollins.

Conley is fine, he's only played 2 years and was injured most of his rookie season and suffered under a bad coach for his first year and a half.

Drafting Curry above the 8th or so spot is just a terrible move for the Grizzlies.

Finally someone is helping back conley. Everyone I talk to about the guy always talks bad about him. Then when I ask them if they saw conley play after hollins took over. They always say no. Then when I ask them what they think our pg needs to average for the grizz to be successful. They always tell me 13-15 ppg 6-7 apg and shoot around 40%. And I always get mad because thats just about where conleys stats were at if not better when hollins took over.

He deserves one more full season before we trade him.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

My only knock on COnley is how he manages to get very low assist #s.

Is it because of Mayo and Gay ballhogging, or just not having enough finishers and spot up shooters?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: