Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: You choose the subject, I'll share my thoughts: Hiphop edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
What about Germany??? The buy the second most hiphop albums in the world.
Dame Dash got his ass beat in Paris not london.
But overall nice opinions

Germany buys a lot of records. But I'm not so much impressed with their rappers. I like Sido. Fuffies Im Club is funny. But there's so many rappers in Germany who are over the top. It;s funny because walking around in Germany, you'll see a lot of white German kids dressed liked theyre in US hiphop videos. Just like you'll see a lot of over the top Emo's (Tokio Hotels). It's just a bit overdone. Still, I remember buying Backspin every month in the late 90's. And I listened to a lot of German stuff. There's this German record which used the 93 till infinty beat. Who did that?

Huge scene, but when it comes to artists, they're behind UK and France. (nobody ****s with France)

One thing about Germany: They have a sick soul scene. Nneka. Joy Denalane. Xavier Naidoo. Corneille.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Dame Dash got his ass beat in Paris not london.

You're right. But wasn't it by 57th Dynasty members from the UK? They had something to do with it iirc.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

What your thoughts on Eminem being the best lyricist of all time?
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

What about your thoughts on Eminem being the best lyricist of all time?
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

He's not in my book. What makes one the best lyriciost of all time? What are the things we grade him by? I will say he isnt, you will say he is. Give me Pharaohe over him any day. Like I said before, if Eminem wasn't white he'd still be regarded as a good rapper, but not as hyped as he is now. That's just me.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

loot,

What's you're opinion on the state of hip-hop today. And what are the positives of it today and the negatives?
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Positives: There's something for everybody. Other than that I like how good artists will get more musical. They're deeper into music it seems.

Negatives: Everybody's rapping. Youtube, internet, pc's etc made very no-name a producer and rapper. The general level of rap has gone waaay down. There's too many mixtapes and too many albums coming out. Even as recently as the mid 90's you could go to the record store and there'd be 5 or 6 hiphop releases a month. The Source had the same albums in the coming up releases section for months and months. Now there's rappers releasing albums, streettapes, mixcds etc every other week. It's very hard to oversee what's going on. And to find jewels among crap. Also, like I said the anthems are gone.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Other than that I like how good artists will get more musical. They're deeper into music it seems.
should i just go ahead and assume this is what you're talking about?

Also, favourite Ace record?
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #24
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

loot, Do you think that the rest of the world is catching up with USA in the realm of hip hop?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #25
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
He's not in my book. What makes one the best lyriciost of all time? What are the things we grade him by? I will say he isnt, you will say he is. Give me Pharaohe over him any day. Like I said before, if Eminem wasn't white he'd still be regarded as a good rapper, but not as hyped as he is now. That's just me.
Can you think of another artist who could make a song out of this beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboymzFgIhU

As far as "showoff how good I am" songs go, I think this might be the best ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ne2nZzqJ8
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Hahaha no, I meant playing instruments well. I'm a huge Quik fan, so that should tell you what I'm thinking of.

Favorite Ace record: Me & the Biz.

Or the Crooklyn Dodgers track. That's one of my all time favorites.

I'm going to throw a little question at the hiphop fans here. The CCrooklyn Dodgers was done twice officially. It's a crew of three rappers from BK, teaming up for a Spike Lee soundtrack. The third was done by 9th Wonder but I'd be ashamed to do it like he did.

If Spike Lee would release a new movie with a Crooklyn Dodgers track on the OST. Which three BK rappers would you put on it?

The first: Ace, Special Ed, Buckshot
Second: Jeru, Chubb Rock, OC

9th wonder's Crooklyn Dodgers: Jean Grae, Mos Def and Memphis Bleek.

My choices: Mos Def, AZ, GZA. I'd like to add Teflon too.

They usually dont feature high profile rappers.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
loot, Do you think that the rest of the world is catching up with USA in the realm of hip hop?

Maybe in their own way. France has kids only lsitening to French rap. Maybe some 50 and them. But in France French rap is where it's at. And if you look at the cities, the small villages and towns, their cd's are every where. They're sold in every supermarket and magazine shop. They have 4 or 5 national hiphop magazines. If you look at it that way, they caught up. They sell out huge venues all over the country.

If you're talking globally: never.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #28
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Hahaha no, I meant playing instruments well. I'm a huge Quik fan, so that should tell you what I'm thinking of.

Favorite Ace record: Me & the Biz.

Or the Crooklyn Dodgers track. That's one of my all time favorites.

I'm going to throw a little question at the hiphop fans here. The CCrooklyn Dodgers was done twice officially. It's a crew of three rappers from BK, teaming up for a Spike Lee soundtrack. The third was done by 9th Wonder but I'd be ashamed to do it like he did.

If Spike Lee would release a new movie with a Crooklyn Dodgers track on the OST. Which three BK rappers would you put on it?

The first: Ace, Special Ed, Buckshot
Second: Jeru, Chubb Rock, OC

9th wonder's Crooklyn Dodgers: Jean Grae, Mos Def and Memphis Bleek.

My choices: Mos Def, AZ, GZA. I'd like to add Teflon too.

They usually dont feature high profile rappers.

Mos, Skyzoo, AZ, Joell Ortiz

On that note....... Joell might be the most honest rapper around.

Beat by Preemo of course.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #29
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Can you think of another artist who could make a song out of this beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboymzFgIhU

As far as "showoff how good I am" songs go, I think this might be the best ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ne2nZzqJ8

Busta has been killing beats like that since the early 90's. I don't liek beats like that though.

Aalso, I wanted to stop listening when he started out saying "I dont give a ****." That's his whole image. Not giving a ****, and dissing poppy white girls, but if he truely didnt give a **** he wouldnt be depressed and addicted to pills or whatever he was on. Never liked those kind of acts.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #30
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

loot, how old are you?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: