Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #16
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

This is a pretty interesting comparison. While Walker has been among the better players in the league, I'm not sure if you could ever call him 'elite'. Stackhouse, when he almost led the league in scoring, definitely was.

In this series, you could make a strong argument that Stackhouse is a leading contender for the MVP. Dirk will probably get it, but Stack basically put game 2 away. If he does win the finals MVP, there will be no question who's had the better career.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #17
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default At this point

Stack...he is closer to a ring then Walker at this moment.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #18
unknownsidhu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

unknownsidhu has an OK reputation so far

Stackhouse.
unknownsidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #19
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Antoine Walker is overated.

When he has the ball he doesnt know what to do, he shoots to many 3s, doesnt have an inside nor outside game, and quite frankly he sucks.

on the other hand

there is Jerry Stackhouse a guy when he is off the court a normal person but transforms to Stack man when it is game time.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

i say....walker...cuz he's made a bigger impact...you see...he'll be rememebred as the leader on celtics along with pierce and he'll always have a championship under his arms
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #21
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

for stack being injured he has done pretty well im thinking
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #22
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Stack has fit in better as a team player with the Mavs. The one year failed experiment with Walker has shown me that. Toine was not happy with his role, or his reduced shots. Maybe the time in Atlanta mellowed him or maybe he was scared to gripe on a team with Shaq. I also think Stack is more of a competitor than Walker. He's a guy I wouldn't mind having on the court at the end of the game, Walker I would want out there only if everyone else was in foul trouble.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #23
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Antoine Walker is the Worst Player in NBA History.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM   #24
Nowitzki41MFFL

Stackhouse
Old 08-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #25
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

In my years here I've never been too big a fan of neither of their games and back in his Detroit days I was a big rip on Stack for his shot selection and fg %. And don't even get me started on Antoine Walker. I just do not see how dude isn't a bust. If not for his insane shot selection and fill er up mentality, would he even be mentioned in this thread. Stackhouse at least was a scorer. Walker....All I can mumble is dumbs#!t over and over again not to mention fat poundcake eating mother****** who I wouldn't sign if I was starting an expansion team and he was the last player left.

I'm gonna vote for Stackhouse as the better overall player, team and floor leader.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #26
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Ouh, this is a Dallas Mavericks forum and it shows, so many stackhouses, but i would have to say Walker. Many might have overlooked the time that Toine spent in Boston. Of course he had Pierce with him but the leader of the celtics, at that time, was Toine! He led the Celtics to ECF. Stack has had a good career in Detroit and in Washinghton... i mean in Detroit. Walker ain't so athletic but he's versitale. He's a point forward, that is telling something. Not to take anything away from Stack but the league is also about winning and Toine has the chip.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #27
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Mav fans aren't qualified to talk about Walker? He was here, we know a bit about him. And how he wouldn't embrace the role that Stack has. Devean George has a few chips, so he must be better than both of them. Shaq and Wade had more to do with the chip than Walker. Stack contributed in a couple of big Mav wins in the playoffs. I don't think Walker would've.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 AM   #28
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

STACK fer sure... Walker is known by everyone to be Mr.I only care to score...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #29
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definetly Steakhouse, he can shoot threes better and stuff.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #30
Milkman

walker just because he can pass sometimes. both and major chuckers i hate hating on the team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: