Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default May 5: Hawks at Cavs, Game 1 (Round 2)

Atlanta at Cleveland, 8 p.m. ET -- The AP reports: The Cavaliers, who are 41-2 at home this season after sweeping Detroit in the first round, took a six-point victory over the Hawks two months ago at Quicken Loans Arena. Woodson was so frustrated with the officiating that he was ejected. Point guard Mike Bibby and forward Josh Smith also were hit with technical fouls... Though the Hawks were 1-3 this season against Cleveland, Atlanta guard Joe Johnson believes his team drew confidence from ending the Cavs’ 11-game winning streak five months ago at Philips Arena. Then again, the Hawks are essentially two different teams at home and on the road. They led by as many 29 points in a Game 7 win over the Heat, boosting Atlanta’s home record to 34-10 this season. On the road, the Hawks fell to 16-27 after losing two of three in Miami... Along with Johnson, Smith expects to draw several defensive assignments against James.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: May 5: Hawks at Cavs, Game 1 (Round 2)

Should be a good series
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
stmartin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stmartin has an OK reputation so far

Atlanta will lose but..... Just saw and met Joe johnson, mike bibby, josh smith and the rest of the hawk team downtown.
stmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Along with LeBron, Cavs got a huge size advantage up front with Big Z. Should be a Cavs victory easily, but hoping it'll be entertaining.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Actually Marvin will be guarding Lebron when he is in. Smith definitely won't get the primary assignment. He isn't quick enough to guard Lebron.

Of course the Hawks switch screens a lot so Lebron will be seeing different guys.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SERIES TO START...

BEEN WAITING 8 DAYS!

(note: someone deleted my post of which I basically said the same thing I said above)
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

I hope some Cav will badly teach Josh a lesson by hammering one down right in his face.

And Meti, where yo cool avy go to, I liked it..
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i think this will be a 7 game series, the hawks are still on the rize but being in the NBA top 8 is a great accomplishment for a franchise that 5 years ago was the worst in the league, hawks now have one of the best starting 5s and a good bench to compete with anyone
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S

CLE[216] has an OK reputation so far

The Hawks are the worst team still standing in the playoffs. I expect this to be a Cavs win by at least 10.
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE[216]
The Hawks are the worst team still standing in the playoffs. I expect this to be a Cavs win by at least 10.

That title belongs to the Mavs
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S

CLE[216] has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1

That title belongs to the Mavs

The Hawks have the worst regular season record. That's what I meant.
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

anybody got a link? im at work. somebody help out a fellow cavs fan
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE[216]
The Hawks have the worst regular season record. That's what I meant.

you are a fool, regular season record means nothing, cavs have the same record celts had last season and hawks record is the exact of what last season cavs had

mvp lebron coy mike brown

so what

hawks play the underdog role well

dont sleep

hawks in 6
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #14
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
you are a fool, regular season record means nothing, cavs have the same record celts had last season and hawks record is the exact of what last season cavs had

mvp lebron coy mike brown

so what

hawks play the underdog role well

dont sleep

hawks in 6
difference is the hawks got they lid blew off every game in boston and the cavs didnt. who is yo teams lebron? dont ever compare atl to the cavs again
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Congratz with LBJ of winning the MVP. Now lets see if his team could do right now.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: