Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm Lookin California And Feelin Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Why stay in the USA?

Cuz I haven't seen nothin but Detroit here, I've never even been to Chicago. It's gonna be a culture shock no matter where I go, but if I stay in the US to start, I won't be thrown completely overboard with different languages and driving on the other side of the road and cats living with dogs and pure pandemonium as such.

Maybe I should hit AZ and Cali. Is Vegas in between the two? I could make a pit stop in Vegas also, I know a couple people that are out there. Looks like Florida is gettin left out.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
You don't come to Norcal to lay out on the beach
Whatever.

Go to Tempe

- Drink on Mill
- Hike at Camelback mountain.
- Play a round of golf somewhere
- Take your son to a beisbol game at Chase Field

Vegas is 6-7 hours away from Phoenix. Not sure how far Vegas is from where you are going in Cali. I'm taking my 2nd trip out to Vegas mid-July to go to the NBA summer league again.

-

Last edited by statman32 : 05-05-2009 at 02:58 PM.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #18
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Soundgarden were always my least favorite band from that era.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

There's such a relief when quitting your job. I just hope you can find something else to support yourself soon. I hate corporate America, that's why I got my ass through college and now I work for the state. And I got a union behind me.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Summertime you'd be well-pressed to choose dat.

San Francisco, Pinole, Sacramento, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown- Crooked Street, The GGB by the bay.. that's my schiz.

San Diego is hard to top though. MY god that place is beautiful. Can't believe it's been five years since the only time I've visited.

Okay, I'm really trying to chill on attacking you as of late but this, along with marlo's original statement of nocal>socal, is only something a homo would say. You can't seriously feel that way, can you? Venice Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Diego, Malibu, Catalina Island, Santa Barbara, Long Beach, Carlsbad, Hermosa? That's just for the tourists alone. You got spots like Torrance, Carson, Hollywood, and Downtown for the folks who actually live here. Man, what about Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, DisneyLand, LegoLand, SeaWorld, and Raging Waters? What about the Getty Center, Griffith Observatory, Guiness World Record Museum, Hollywood Wax Museum, Museum of Tolerance (Will blow your mind), Ripley's Believe or Not? UCLA, USC, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, Chargers? The b*tches? The weed?!!! Please tell me you guys are kidding?

On Topic: Go be with your kids dude. They need you. A child always needs dad. Fathers give kids things moms could never provide.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
There's such a relief when quitting your job. I just hope you can find something else to support yourself soon. I hate corporate America, that's why I got my ass through college and now I work for the state. And I got a union behind me.

all you right wing clowns on this board sponge off the taxpayers, and a UNION, falkin hell boy, I thought you were conservative.

quit your job, you must feel conflicted 24/7.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Magic Man - This is based on a seven day California/Las Vegas vacation where I didn't have enough cash nor time to go to the aforementioned places. So you're probably more informed on me in this regard, but it is based on what little I've seen.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #23
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Jay:

Check out this website called couchsurfing.com. Basically it's a network of people who have a couch or futon or extra bed for travelers to come and sleep on for a night, and presumably also hang out and exchange stories and make friendships. I'm planning on taking a year off once I get my BA and just do the couch surfing thing for a while, see the country for what it really is outside of the cushy suburb and college campus I know it to be.

Just something to consider.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #24
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

all you right wing clowns on this board sponge off the taxpayers, and a UNION, falkin hell boy, I thought you were conservative.

just the way you libreals like it the only none minimum wage jobs are government...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
SherlockHolmes
Banned

SherlockHolmes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Jay:

Check out this website called couchsurfing.com. Basically it's a network of people who have a couch or futon or extra bed for travelers to come and sleep on for a night, and presumably also hang out and exchange stories and make friendships. I'm planning on taking a year off once I get my BA and just do the couch surfing thing for a while, see the country for what it really is outside of the cushy suburb and college campus I know it to be.

Just something to consider.
**** that. Do you not remember the story of Borat? I think I will pass on having to stay at houses owned by dirty Jews, that frequently transform into terrifying creatures such as cockroaches.
SherlockHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoiko
it's time to hitch hike the U.S! that way you can go to all these different places you wanna go, meet interesting people, have a bit of an adventure, get into weird situations and whatnot. you got the time right? why the hell not?

Hitch hike?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Okay, I'm really trying to chill on attacking you as of late but this, along with marlo's original statement of nocal>socal, is only something a homo would say. You can't seriously feel that way, can you? Venice Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Diego, Malibu, Catalina Island, Santa Barbara, Long Beach, Carlsbad, Hermosa? That's just for the tourists alone. You got spots like Torrance, Carson, Hollywood, and Downtown for the folks who actually live here. Man, what about Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, DisneyLand, LegoLand, SeaWorld, and Raging Waters? What about the Getty Center, Griffith Observatory, Guiness World Record Museum, Hollywood Wax Museum, Museum of Tolerance (Will blow your mind), Ripley's Believe or Not? UCLA, USC, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, Chargers? The b*tches? The weed?!!! Please tell me you guys are kidding?

On Topic: Go be with your kids dude. They need you. A child always needs dad. Fathers give kids things moms could never provide.
GTFO. Who the f*ck cares about half of that sh*t. Seaword? DisneyLand? Guiness World Record Museum? Are you fcking 10 years old?

Norcal>Socal you nerd.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
GTFO. Who the f*ck cares about half of that sh*t. Seaword? DisneyLand? Guiness World Record Museum? Are you fcking 10 years old?

Norcal>Socal you nerd.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #29
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
**** that. Do you not remember the story of Borat? I think I will pass on having to stay at houses owned by dirty Jews, that frequently transform into terrifying creatures such as cockroaches.
Well, you make a valid point.

I have this habit of not thinking things through. It's good to have someone to knock some sense into you once in awhile.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #30
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Why are you bringing politics into this? Give it up man. I'm talking about not having a nagging boss or someone looking over your shoulder every second.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: