Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Fox Sports 2010 mock draft...

yeah I know obvioulsy it is WAY early and I am really just kinda doing this because I am a Sooners homer but i just wanted to point out how many Sooners there are that stayed in school that would have been taken high in the draft this year...

Bradford would have been the #1 overall

McCoy would have been top 5 for sure

Williams and Gresham I am not sure about but they both would have gone in the first round...

OU will have 4 players this year that SHOULD be in the NFL...

(still a bit confused on the decisions to stay rather than $40 mill for sure... )

any here it is:

2010 mock draft

1. Detroit Lions — Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma, Junior: Though the Lions should win a few games and improve on both sides of the ball, I don't see a Miami Dolphins-like turnaround in '09. Hamstrung with the financial obligations of the No. 1 overall pick again, they opt to take the best defensive tackle on the board in Oklahoma's McCoy.

2. St. Louis Rams — Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma, Junior: Mark Sanchez and Matt Stafford probably owe Bradford a couple million. Had he left Norman early and entered the NFL Draft, he would have been the first or second quarterback taken in the 2009 Draft. St. Louis gets their signal caller of the future in the physically gifted Heisman winner. For Bradford's sake, let's hope he doesn't have a Matt Leinart/Brian Brohm-like fall down draft boards. Both Leinart and Brohm came back to school only to see their draft stocks go down in their final collegiate seasons. McCoy and Bradford are the first college teammates to go one, two since Courtney Brown and LaVar Arrington did it in 2000.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State, Senior: The Bucs protect their 2009 investment at quarterback in Josh Freeman with a fellow Big 12 superstar in Okung. The Oklahoma State big boy is the early odds-on favorite to be the first offensive tackle off the board next April.

4. Kansas City Chiefs — Tim Tebow, QB, Florida, Senior: The Matt Cassel era doesn't last long in K.C., as the Chiefs opt to not re-sign the high-priced gunslinger. Cassel goes into the free-agent pool, leaving a void at the quarterback position. Everyone knows the Kraft/Belichick/Pioli/Meyer connection, and Pioli jumps at the chance to add Tebow to his squad.

5. San Francisco 49ers — Colt McCoy, QB, Texas, Senior: The sure-armed McCoy has that Mark Sanchez aura to him: confident, respected, beloved by teammates. The 4-year Texas starter gets the nod as the next in line to the 49ers quarterback gig. At 6-3, 210 lbs, McCoy has the height and experience to be a first-year starter in the NFL. He'll throw to his one-time nemesis — the man who cost him a national title in '08 — Michael Crabtree for years to come.

6. Oakland Raiders — Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma, Senior: Another Sooner flies off the board. The Raiders offense improves mightily in '09, but they're missing the stud left tackle of the future. Williams, a 6-5, 310 mountain with surprisingly good footwork, is the final piece in the four-year Raider offense first-round rebuilding plan. Eric Berry's on the board, but Al Davis sticks to his guns with the unknown safety Oakland took in the second round of '09, the mystery man himself — Ohio's Michael Mitchell.

7. Seattle Seahawks (via Denver Broncos) — Eric Berry, S, Tennessee, Junior: A safety drafted seventh overall? That's pretty darn high. Berry's pretty darn good. This pick comes in exchange for Alphonso Smith, Denver's second-round selection via Seattle in '09.

8. Cleveland Browns — Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama, Senior: Cody's a beast. Shaun Rodgers has a solid enough year in Eric Mangini's 3-4 defense, but the addition of Cody gives Cleveland more flexibility and beef up the gut. At 6-5, 360 pounds — he could be dominant. Or out of the league in a few years. Cleveland rolls the dice on the big fella.

9. Cincinnati Bengals — Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska, Senior: The Bengals were the beneficiaries of Rey Maualuga slipping all the way to the second round in Saturday's draft. They cash in on Suh, thought by many to be a top-5 selection for next year's draft, dipping to No. 9 in 2010.

10. Green Bay Packers — Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma, TE, Senior: Boomer Sooner! The fourth Sooner drafted goes at No. 10, where Aaron Rodgers gets a giant pass-catching tight end who can block quite a bit, too.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars — Arrelious Benn, Illinois, WR, Junior: The Jags picked up a nice potential No. 2 guy in Jarrett Dillard and a solid No. 3 in Mike Thomas on Day 2 of the '09 Draft. They get their No. 1 in Benn in next year's first round.

12. New York Jets — Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida, Junior: Shaun Ellis can't play forever. Dunlap's a 6-5, 290-pound pass rusher. If he has a breakout season, he can go this high or even higher.

13. Seattle Seahawks — Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss, Senior: The Seahawks pick up another young defender in Hardy, the fierce DE out of Oxford. Hardy had 8.5 sacks for the Rebels last year before injuring his foot and missing the final four games of the 2008 season.

14. Miami Dolphins — George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida, Senior: Joey Porter isn't getting any younger. The Dolphins beefed up their defensive back situation with Vontae Davis and Sean Smith in the '09 Draft. They crank it up on the pass rush with Selvie, the sack machine out of South Florida in '10.

15. Atlanta Falcons — Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa, Senior: After taking eight defensive players on Draft weekend '09, the Falcons take a tackle to pair alongside Sam Baker at the OT spots in Atlanta. Baker stays at left tackle and Bulaga battles Tyson Clabo for the job manning the right.

16. Washington Redskins — Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Miss, Senior: Colt McCoy's former understudy at Texas goes nine picks later to the Redskins. After another year of missing the postseason, Daniel Snyder pulls the trigger and drafts a quarterback in Snead.

17. Buffalo Bills — Taylor Mays, S, USC, Senior: There wasn't a single safety drafted in the first round in '09 and only one in '08 (Kenny Phillips). The improved Bills, with some other needs across the board, can't let the freakishly athletic Mays slip any further than here and scoop him up at 17.

18. Indianapolis Colts — Marvin Austin, DT, UNC, Junior: The Colts missing the playoffs? Roast me, if you must, but I think this is the year the postseason streak comes to an end. The defense finally stops bending and breaks in Indy. Marvin Austin, the former No. 1 high school recruit, comes out early and gets snagged up by Bill Polian and co.

19. San Francisco 49ers (via Carolina) — Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers, Junior: Lots of Niners fans wanted Michael Oher with the No. 10 pick over wide receiver Michael Crabtree last weekend. With the 19th pick, courtesy of Carolina in the Everette Brown deal, San Fran grabs an offensive tackle to complement Joe Staley and protect their quarterback of the future, Colt McCoy. At 6-6, 330 pounds, Davis is a beast. He's raw but should be greatly improved in '09.

20. Houston Texans — Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky, Senior: Okay, okay. Yes, it's true. I have the Houston Texans — for the second straight year — as my big "sleeper" team and making the playoffs. So darn original, I know. But I really, truly believe this is the year it all comes together for Houston and they get over the hump, making their first trip to the postseason ever. They're then quickly dispatched by the Chargers in the first round. They go defense AGAIN and upgrade at CB in the upcoming draft with Lindley.

21. Minnesota Vikings — Ciron Black, OT, LSU, Senior

22. Denver Broncos (via Chicago Bears) — Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College, Senior

23. Baltimore Ravens — Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU, Senior

24. Philadelphia Eagles — Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas, Senior

25. Arizona Cardinals — Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri, Senior

26. New Orleans Saints — Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida, Senior

27. Tennessee Titans — Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke, Senior

28. Dallas Cowboys — Damian Williams, WR, USC, Junior

29. San Diego Chargers — Dez Bryant, WR/KR, Oklahoma State, Junior

30. Pittsburgh Steelers — Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama, Senior

31. New York Giants — Crezdon Butler, CB, Clemson, Senior

32. New England Patriots — Jahvid Best, RB, California, Junior

comments on the last ones found here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9513448/Let's-get-our-2010-mock-draft-on

not enough room to fit all of it in here...

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 05-06-2009 at 03:50 AM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fox Sports 2010 mock draft...

Taylor Mays would be a an absolute steal at 17, the guy is a freak, and has the potential to be more of a game changer than alot of the guys above him.

Also with Clay Matthews gone, Everson Griffen is going to get a whole lot more PT this year, Matthews was actually getting time at defensive end because he was so damn versatile. Griffen is going to be a workout warrior, he runs like a 4.4 40 which is insane. I can't wait to see him hit the field more for USC next season, he may end up getting drafted pretty high if he breaks out as we all thought he would before.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 05-06-2009 at 04:01 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are going to be elite safeties at the next level. Haven't seen a whole lot of Berry but Mays is one of the best specimens I've ever seen. He is A LOT like Sean Taylor.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are going to be elite safeties at the next level. Haven't seen a whole lot of Berry but Mays is one of the best specimens I've ever seen. He is A LOT like Sean Taylor.
RIP to Taylor but he couldn't cover for sh*t...

the few days after his death there were sports writers from Washington on Dallas radio talking about how alot of Skins fans hated that about him...

he was very much like Roy Williams from Dallas...

he will rock the hell out you but get burned every now and then...

Taylor did get burned alot...he might have been a better cover corner than Roy but not by much at all...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
RIP to Taylor but he couldn't cover for sh*t...

the few days after his death there were sports writers from Washington on Dallas radio talking about how alot of Skins fans hated that about him...

he was very much like Roy Williams from Dallas...

he will rock the hell out you but get burned every now and then...

Taylor did get burned alot...he might have been a better cover corner than Roy but not by much at all...
Dude he was LIGHT years ahead of Roy Williams in coverage. Prior to his death he was leading the league in INT's that year.

He definitely struggled in coverage his first three years from time to time but he put it together big time before he was murdered.

Roy Williams lacked instincts, foot work, discipline, closing speed, things you couldn't teach. Taylor was the total package.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raiders still picking really early
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Best comparison to Taylor Mays IMO. Dude was getting burned once in awhile but towards the end of the season you can see how much better he was in pass coverage. His problem was at times he would to go for the big hit rather than just deflect the pass, I know he will anchor that USC defense next season.

Quote:
Mays has said he molds his game after the late Sean Taylor(R.I.P.) and when watching him on film, he plays with that same type of killer instinct and he really uses his body as a wrecking ball out there. Taylor Mays hurts people and strikes fear in opponents. He plays the game with the range of any free safety playing today. The knock on him is he doesn't wrap up all the time, instead looking for the big hit instead. To me that isn't a legitimate knock against this kid. Surround him with a sure tackler at strong safety, put him in the proper scheme, and you have a force for your defense. Not many teams will be able to pass on a kid that runs like Chris Johnson, has size like Adrian Wilson, and hits like Sean Taylor. He's a defensive coordinator's dream.

Jesus Christ I knew Mays was a beast but I didn't know he was this insane

Quote:
According to the article, in the USC spring practices in 2008, Mays posted unbelievable numbers: Measured at 6'3", 226-pounds with 6% body fat, Mays ran an electronically-timed 4.32 40-yard dash, threw up 225-pounds 23 times during the bench press and recorded a 41" vertical jump and an 11'4" standing broad jump

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 05-06-2009 at 04:13 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Dude he was LIGHT years ahead of Roy Williams in coverage. Prior to his death he was leading the league in INT's that year.

He definitely struggled in coverage his first three years from time to time but he put it together big time before he was murdered.

Roy Williams lacked instincts, foot work, discipline, closing speed, things you couldn't teach. Taylor was the total package.
Taylor and Roy were VERY similiar...

Roy has had years with 5 ints btw...

that doesn't mean you never get burned or anything...

Taylor got burned alot...no question about it...

he was not known as a "Merton Hanks" type cover saftey at all....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Best comparison to Taylor Mays IMO. Dude was getting burned once in awhile but towards the end of the season you can see how much better he was in pass coverage. His problem was at times he would to go for the big hit rather than just deflect the pass, I know he will anchor that USC defense next season.
Bar none my favorite player in college football to watch.

He can be a GREAT NFL player.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #10
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Taylor and Roy were VERY similiar...

Roy has had years with 5 ints btw...

that doesn't mean you never get burned or anything...

Taylor got burned alot...no question about it...

he was not known as a "Merton Hanks" type cover saftey at all....
Trust me when I tell you that Sean Taylor was light years ahead of Roy Williams in coverage.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
bbl4l
Banned

bbl4l has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Bar none my favorite player in college football to watch.

He can be a GREAT NFL player.
How the **** are you going to talk about Mays without showing us the link. You know the video.

*dim lights*

*cue the music*

bbl4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Trust me when I tell you that Sean Taylor was light years ahead of Roy Williams in coverage.
1. I HAVE SEEN ALL ROY's games!!!

2. The Cowboy's are in the NFC East just like the damn Eagles...

Trust ME when I tell you that THE COMPARISON WAS MADE ALL THE TIME!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
1. I HAVE SEEN ALL ROY's games!!!

2. The Cowboy's are in the NFC East just like the damn Eagles...

Trust ME when I tell you that THE COMPARISON WAS MADE ALL THE TIME!!!
I've never heard it once. Show it to me in print. Sean Taylor was a much better cover safety.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

no college saftey could ever match this highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj3C47CTIs

he is the ONLY college saftey I have seen that could take complete control of game single handedly...all by himself...

It was like where ever the ball was...Roy Williams was there as well...

he was a damn beast amoungst children...

(lol...yeah, lots of "horsecollar tackles")
Old 05-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #15
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
no college saftey could ever match this highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj3C47CTIs

he is the ONLY college saftey I have seen that could take complete control of game single handedly...all by himself...

It was like where ever the ball was...Roy Williams was there as well...

he was a damn beast amoungst children...

(lol...yeah, lots of "horsecollar tackles")
all the greats come from oklahoma
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: