Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #16
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fox Sports 2010 mock draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I've never heard it once. Show it to me in print. Sean Taylor was a much better cover safety.

Actually I found in print where Taylor is better in coverage

Quote:
Taylor doesn't have Roy Williams' blitzing ability, but he can provide the same heavy metal run defense and is superior to Williams in coverage. In fact, Taylor can blanket slot receivers one-on-one. Because of that coverage proficiency, he will be able to help his team keep substitutions to a minimum, preventing offenses from exploiting mismatches in nickel and dime packages. Taylor also will provide a big dose of playmaking ability; he intercepted 10 passes last year and thrives on getting to the ball first.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_113563931/

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 05-06-2009 at 04:34 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #17
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I understand their tackling ability was often compared because they are two of the hardest hitting safeties ever. My point was that there coverage skills were not comparable because Taylor was way better.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 AM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I've never heard it once. Show it to me in print. Sean Taylor was a much better cover safety.
well you don't live in dallas do you???

video comparison of Roy vs. Taylor

http://vodpod.com/watch/507589-roy-w...nd-sean-taylor

there are a couple coverage plays shown of Taylor early but how the hell can you watch that and not say they were similiar???

you can even see at the 2:10 mark that Taylor had the same "horsecollar" type slam them down style...

he might have been getting better at coverage...but in no way at all was it "light years"...

Dallas won 13 games with Roy....don't pretend like he was getting burned every damn week...the whole "Roy coverage" thing is way over blown...he got just asa many, if not more INTs than Taylor did...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who's mock is that? Suh is a ****ing monster. I saw he was #2 on McShay's.

Quote:
RIP to Taylor but he couldn't cover for sh*t...

the few days after his death there were sports writers from Washington on Dallas radio talking about how alot of Skins fans hated that about him...

he was very much like Roy Williams from Dallas...

he will rock the hell out you but get burned every now and then...

Taylor did get burned alot...he might have been a better cover corner than Roy but not by much at all...

Bullsh!t, he was really coming into his own during his last 2 years especially in '07 (in '06 we had 0 pass rush, so our pass defense looked much worse than what it was). At times, he would cover the other team's best receiver. He shut down guys like Moss, TO and Gates. Maybe you noticed that TO never did a whole lot while Taylor was out there, but without Taylor TO went for 4 TDs. TO wanted no part of Taylor. Skin fans were mad at him for his personal fouls.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 AM   #20
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Where would you guys rank Ed Reed in his prime compared to Sean Taylor and Roy Williams?
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #21
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Where would you guys rank Ed Reed in his prime compared to Sean Taylor and Roy Williams?
Ed Reed is still in his prime and Roy Williams is garbage.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Who's mock is that? Suh is a ****ing monster. I saw he was #2 on McShay's.

Bullsh!t, he was really coming into his own during his last 2 years especially in '07 (in '06 we had 0 pass rush, so our pass defense looked much worse than what it was). At times, he would cover the other team's best receiver. He shut down guys like Moss, TO and Gates. Maybe you noticed that TO never did a whole lot while Taylor was out there, but without Taylor TO went for 4 TDs. TO wanted no part of Taylor. Skin fans were mad at him for his personal fouls.
Dude be real for a few minutes and just admitt that Taylor's lack of coverage skills was his major knock...

do you live in the DC area?...I clearly remember Skins fans talking about that alot...

I also can remember Dallas burning Taylor...(not trying to get into a fan war here at all, just sayin)
Old 05-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0

Ed Reed is a totally different than Taylor or Williams IMO...

Roy and Sean try/tried to take your head off...

Ed goes for the INT...

and Roy might be overrated (underrated now) but he is FAR from "garbage"...

he was still more deserving of Sean's spot in the probowl than any other saftey in the NFC that year...

Dallas won 13 games with that "garbage"...
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #24
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Ed Reed is a totally different than Taylor or Williams IMO...

Roy and Sean try/tried to take your head off...

Ed goes for the INT...

and Roy might be overrated (underrated now) but he is FAR from "garbage"...

he was still more deserving of Sean's spot in the probowl than any other saftey in the NFC that year...

Dallas won 13 games with that "garbage"...
Its preposterous to state that Roy Garbage Williams deserved the spot over Taylor in the pro bowl. Typical homer nonsense.

Roy Williams was easily the weakest link on your defense.

Is he even in the league anymore?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #25
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard the Chancellor of OU is Jewish
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #26
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Its preposterous to state that Roy Garbage Williams deserved the spot over Taylor in the pro bowl. Typical homer nonsense.

Roy Williams was easily the weakest link on your defense.

Is he even in the league anymore?
I didn't say "OVER" Taylor...

I am saying that when Taylor died Roy took his spot, and he deserved it...

alot of people were shaking there heads when that happened but when it came to debates about it no one could name a saftey in the NFC that was more deserving than Roy was...

if you really think about it there are a ton of safties in the NFC that are just really bad...much worse than Roy...
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tebow at 4 is pretty funny. And didn't KC already give Cassell a long-term deal? This guy is ill informed.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I didn't say "OVER" Taylor...

I am saying that when Taylor died Roy took his spot, and he deserved it...

alot of people were shaking there heads when that happened but when it came to debates about it no one could name a saftey in the NFC that was more deserving than Roy was...

if you really think about it there are a ton of safties in the NFC that are just really bad...much worse than Roy...
Than why isn't he playing football anymore PT if there are tons of safeties in the NFC that he is better than.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #29
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Than why isn't he playing football anymore PT if there are tons of safeties in the NFC that he is better than.
I am sure he will find a team...

The Pats were looking at him before they signed...whoever it was, I forget...
Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #30
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd take Williams as a LB, can't be much worse in coverage than Freddie Keiaho
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: