Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #31
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: Fox Sports 2010 mock draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Dude be real for a few minutes and just admitt that Taylor's lack of coverage skills was his major knock...

Since when? His major knock was the personal fouls. Taylor was looking like one of, if not the best Safety in the league in '07. And like I said, our secondary looked much worse than it actually was '06 due to our terrible DL. Yes, Taylor made rookie mistakes his rookie year and into the next, but he kept on improving and he was starting to look scary in '07.

Quote:
do you live in the DC area?...I clearly remember Skins fans talking about that alot...

Yes, and bullsh!t. You could find a number of fans that were critical of pretty much any player, but the majority would not say that Taylor couldn't cover. You don't put a Safety one-on-one against the other team's best receiver unless you have confidence in that player's coverage skills.

There's no ****ing comparison. Roy Williams couldn't cover my grandma while Taylor could hang with elite receivers. Hell, the vid you just posted showed some of Taylor's coverage skills. He made a nice play against Shockey, he ran with Moss and then went up in the air and knocked the pass away.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 05-06-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #32
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Taylors coverage skills were way more advanced than Roy Overrated garbage Williams.

Only dallas homers would argue otherwise.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 AM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Since when? His major knock was the personal fouls. Taylor was looking like one of, if not the best Safety in the league in '07. And like I said, our secondary looked much worse than it actually was '06 due to our terrible DL.

Yes, and bullsh!t. You could find a number of fans that were critical of pretty much any player, but the majority would not say that Taylor couldn't cover.

There's no ****ing comparison. Roy Williams couldn't cover my grandma while Taylor could hang with elite receivers. Hell, the vid you just posted showed some of Taylor's coverage skills. He made a nice play against Shockey, he ran with Moss and then went up in the air and knocked the pass away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Taylors coverage skills were way more advanced than Roy Overrated garbage Williams.

Only dallas homers would argue otherwise.

from Wiki:

The 2006 season was arguably the most inconsistent of Taylor's career. His play was often erratic. He finished the year leading the Redskins' defense with 129 tackles, 1 interception and 3 forced fumbles. However, Taylor missed numerous tackles in his attempts to tackle the ball carrier and was exposed in coverage on several occasions.[8] This was largely due to his defensive assignment, being forced to cover slot receivers, aid in double coverage, and make tackles near the line of scrimmage to help support a struggling Redskins rush defense.[9]

Washington Redskins assistant coach Gregg Williams frequently called Taylor the best athlete that he had ever coached, but nearly every big play was mitigated by a blown assignment. Taylor led the NFL in missed tackles in 2006 yet still made the Pro Bowl because of his reputation as one of the hardest hitters in the league.*[10]

I can remember that...and I will admitt that he may have been "a tad" bit better than Roy in coverage (who also lost weight and was starting to improve there) but in that vid they showed plenty of Roy's INTs...

I don't want to make this a Roy vs. Taylor debate...I was just pointing out that they were very similiar, that is all...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #34
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Yes, Taylor made plenty of mistakes during his first 3 years, but it's overblown in '06 due to the DL. They had a franchise low 19 sacks that season. They got very little pressure on QBs so our secondary had to cover receivers for much longer than they should have. Taylor has shown plenty of times that he could cover even elite receivers. You want to think that a guy who could cover guys like Owens, Moss, Gates and such was terrible at coverage? How many Safeties could run and leap with Randy Moss? A blown assignment is different than getting burnt.

Alright, back to talk about the mock?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #35
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

They've got the Broncos picking 22nd. Which means we're (the Bears) at least a playoff team.

But Tebow at 4th is ridiculous. I don't think he's as athletic as Pat White is and White made it to the 2nd round off of a great combine and to a team that emphasizes the wildcat. I just don't see Tebow having that kind of success in the NFL or going that high in the draft.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Sean Taylor started off poor in coverage but the last two seasons before he died improved so much for anyone to put him on the same level as Roy Williams is clueless.

Oh wait primetime did. Consider the source.

At any rate...did you guys ever see Taylor Mays photos? Dude is ripped. Its ridiculous. And Jermaine Gresham would have been the first TE taken in the draft had he come out this year. I loved dude in college but he kept impressing so much that he would have been gone by pick 21 for the Birds.

And OU will have more than 4 NFL players after 7 rounds are done.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Jevan Sneed will be the 1st QB taken. Quote me on this. His one year in the SEC forced him to get used to making better decisions with the ball than he would have had he stayed in the Big XII or transferred to the Pac 10. Ole Miss will win the SEC West also.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
29. San Diego Chargers — Dez Bryant, WR/KR, Oklahoma State, Junior

WTF? I doubt the person who did this mock has a clue about OK St or maybe they have a dislike. This dude is the best WR in college. If he was in this past draft? I could see Oakland taking him instead of DHB.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #39
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

GOBB, he also has Tyler Hansborough in the top 5. This mock should be taken with a grain of salt.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #40
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

I was hoping Mays would leave early for this draft so Denver could get him at 12. He's a monster.

@ primetime moving on from stats to wikipedia for his NFL knowledge
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I dont even know why Denver took Moreno. You guys are friggin stupid. Hope you go 0-16

lol Dasher, good lookin.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #42
ruslan
Decent college freshman

Taylor Mays is top 10 lock pick
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #43
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

We'll win no more than 6 games and our first rounder belongs to Seattle. Yay!

I'm going to spend more time rooting against Chicago than rooting for Denver. Fucking Kyle Orton....
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #44
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Taylor Mays is one of the best athletic specimens in football history.

He's 6'3'', 230+ and has been clocked at running a sub 4.4

Freakish.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #45
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

I would LOVE for the Jaguars to get Benn. They should have drafted a WR earlier this year but w/e. That would be perfect. Benn is a BEAST.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: