Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default UPDATE: Deadpool Spin-Off Moving Forward

I hope they do justice to the character.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55139

Can't wait to see him with the mask on.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Sriracha has decent reputation
Default Re: UPDATE: Deadpool Spin-Off Moving Forward

I haven't watch the new X-men flick yet, but how is Ryan Reynolds playing Dead Pool? Deadpool is too awesome so I hope they won't fuck it up.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here's what I posted in the 'Comic Fanboys' thread.....

Quote:
If a Deadpool spinoff is made (which I really hope there is), then A) I hope Fox don't do it and B) I hope Deadpool breaks the 4th wall by commenting on why Fox f*cked him up, that would be great.

I think a Deadpool movie is totally possible and apparently talks of making this movie are back on track. The only thing is, a Deadpool movie would need to have a harder rating, because there's no way they can do a Deadpool movie and give it a PG-13, or whatever the ratings the US gives movies.

As for Ryan Reynolds, he was good in the Wolverine film. He's definitly one of the best choices to play Deadpool. Reynolds is naturally a smart arse and him playing Deadpool is just a good fit.

He's got the charm and he's got the smart-arse wit, he's also a big fan of Deadpool and wants a good story that stays true to the comic. So I hope this all works out.

Whether they stay 100% true doesn't bother me, as long as they don't do anything too drastic then I'll be happy. If they stay true to his origins, e.g. his involvement with the Weapon X programme and how he got his name 'Deadpool', (Killbrew's workshop where he falls in love with Death), then fine.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Here's what I posted in the 'Comic Fanboys' thread.....

As for Ryan Reynolds, he was good in the Wolverine film. He's definitly one of the best choices to play Deadpool. Reynolds is naturally a smart arse and him playing Deadpool is just a good fit.

He's got the charm and he's got the smart-arse wit, he's also a big fan of Deadpool and wants a good story that stays true to the comic. So I hope this all works out.

Whether they stay 100% true doesn't bother me, as long as they don't do anything too drastic then I'll be happy. If they stay true to his origins, e.g. his involvement with the Weapon X programme and how he got his name 'Deadpool', (Killbrew's workshop where he falls in love with Death), then fine.

Agreed. I think Reynolds nailed that sh*t. One thing I will say, however, is that you shouldn't get your hopes up about the movie being rated higher than pg13. Doing that f8cks thier money up to a degree you and I could ever understand. Movie tickets, toys, clothing, cartoon shows. It will suck, but I'm sure we will never really see a PG13 Comic book adaption again. I was surprised Watchmen went that route.

Anyway, I too look foward to a Deadpool movie. People need to chill about his role in Origins. They can bring that dude back easily. Hell, he's died like 4 or 5 times in the comics.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wont say anything negative, until I find out who the director and screenwriters will be..

I dont the Wolvie film is particularly indicative of how a 'Deadpool' movie would end up being..

Im hoping that under its own merits, they will fully explore the true character that is The Merc.. and all of us who have been *****in' will be redeemed...

At least until further details are out, im keepin' my fingers crossed..

And I agree with what R.R. said.. Deadpool is without a doubt best made if its rated R... Its like thinking that you could have done the first Blade flick with a pg13... its just not a good idea when considering the concept..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
And I agree with what R.R. said.. Deadpool is without a doubt best made if its rated R... Its like thinking that you could have done the first Blade flick with a pg13... its just not a good idea when considering the concept..

Blade. My favorite non-Marvel produced movie character. You know, if they do this Deadpool movie simular to the first Blade, that sh*t would be epic.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Blade. My favorite non-Marvel produced movie character. You know, if they do this Deadpool movie simular to the first Blade, that sh*t would be epic.

Thats what Im sayin.. The Deadpool character is so popular becaus of his insane antics, yet also because of how his humor and brutal tendencies are so adult... they guy gets shot up, almost every issue of his book and its quite bloody, plus as a mercenary he does plenty killing himself...

I would give anything just to see the costume on the big screen

Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Take that pic of Reynolds down, you're gonna give V-unit a boner.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Thats what Im sayin.. The Deadpool character is so popular becaus of his insane antics, yet also because of how his humor and brutal tendencies are so adult... they guy gets shot up, almost every issue of his book and its quite bloody, plus as a mercenary he does plenty killing himself...

I would give anything just to see the costume on the big screen

I wish they had shown the Deadpool clip at the end of Origins in my theatre. I've heard like 3 different versions of what was shown. LMAO @ that Reynolds pic. Dude's head look photoshopped on that body. And wasup with guys wearing thier pants and underwear low like women?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Take that pic of Reynolds down, you're gonna give V-unit a boner.
according to him.. all he needz to do is take a gander at his mirror
Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
I wish they had shown the Deadpool clip at the end of Origins in my theatre. I've heard like 3 different versions of what was shown. LMAO @ that Reynolds pic. Dude's head look photoshopped on that body. And wasup with guys wearing thier pants and underwear low like women?

sorry bro I dont really pay that much attention to dudes... I was more interested with showin' the deadpool costume and a possible Reynolds comparison...
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we need some more topless pics of Ryan Reynolds.

Dreamy.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Well, this thread was fun while it lasted.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

The thing about Deadpool is that he's more of a funny neutral guy. Not bad or good. What scares me is if they make it kid friendly. Something like Fantastic Four. That way they can milk the movie for what it's worth having insane amounts of little kids going to theaters and watching the flick. An R-rating would mean massive losses money wise.

It's Fox. They'll find a way screw it up. Just wait.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Well, this thread was fun while it lasted.

hey your the one that started talkin' about Reynolds assets...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: