Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Favre not leaving Mississippi, Staying retired

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

In a phone call that took place sometime in the last day, the source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired. Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre, who announced his first retirement in March 2008 after spending 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, decided to resume his career last summer and was traded to the New York Jets in August. After one season in New York, Favre retired again and was subsequently released by the Jets on April 29.

Just days after his release from the Jets, speculation began that the Vikings were interested in bringing in a veteran to compete with Sage Rosenfels(notes), who was acquired this offseason from the Houston Texans. Rosenfels is atop the depth chart heading into training camp, with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty(notes) also on the roster.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Favre not leaving Mississippi, Staying retired

good. im tired of hearing about this.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

kick back and enjoy your legacy Brett
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Favre not leaving Mississippi
This just means he's going to buy a team and relocate it to Jackson.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

y did he even have to meet with the vikes?

he should have just declined to meet with them
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

who cares anymore

Favre could drop off the face of the earth and I wouldnt skip a beat
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Love The WNBA
Banned

Love The WNBA has decent reputation

Is anyone else deeply saddened by this news? Ever since I saw those Wrangler Jeans commercials I had a major crush on Brett.

Real Comfortable Jeans!
Love The WNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Please dont because week 1 of the NFL season you better NOT be on a roster.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Please dont because week 1 of the NFL season you better NOT be on a roster.

With your luck, McNabb will want out of Philly and good ol' Brett will be your new starter.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Love The WNBA
Banned

My current desktop picture:

So cute!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #11
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The WNBA
My current desktop picture:

So cute!!!
A 33 year old female on ISH...interesting...
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Love The WNBA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
A 33 year old female on ISH...interesting...
I have a relative who is actually in the WNBA. I'm not going to say who just yet. Is that so crazy?
Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The WNBA
I have a relative who is actually in the WNBA. I'm not going to say who just yet. Is that so crazy?
I have a friend who plays in the WNBA. Is that so crazy?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh this is some bull****.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
Love The WNBA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
I have a friend who plays in the WNBA. Is that so crazy?
Not at all.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: