Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
EuroWise
GM Star

Default Rate my team

PG-TJ Ford
SG-Stephen Jackson
G-Raja Bell
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Chris Bosh
F-Amare Stoudemire
C-Marcus Camby
C-Shaq O'neal
Util-Charlie Villanueva
Util-Nenad Krstic
BN-Brandon Roy
BN-Damon Stoudamire
BN-John Salmons? Sleeper?
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Assuming a standard 9 category Roto or H2H league:
Well you're not going to do well in assists and quite possibly steals. You've got a lot of guys who can't hold onto the ball so you'll probably lose TOs. Your team looks about average in the three point shooting department. Shaq will destroy your FT% so now you're left competing for FG%, Points, Rebounds, and Blocks. You will be dominant in those four categories. Unfortunately, four categories isn't enough to win in H2H against a balanced team.

You also have a lot injury risk in the frontcourt. Camby, Shaq and Stoudemire are likely to miss at least 20 games each this season.

I'm sorry I rained on your parade. If Earl Watson is available, drop Salmons for him. Salmons isn't going to do anything as long as Kevin Martin is healthy. That move almost might make your team respectable in assists and threes.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2006 at 09:53 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Not looking good brother. Sorry. I think you can fix it, but you have to shake it up QUICK

STLS, ASSTS, TOs, FT% are very very weak. You will find your PTS and 3s not as good as you would like on most weeks. Moreover, your FG% looks ok, but if Shaq is ever injured for a week and Mello has 4 games that week your FG% tanks. At the same time whenever Shaq is out the FT% is much better. Anyway, take no offense, Its not looking good. But its not horrible either. You are in a great position to fix your team. Its the classic case of being overloaded in the positions that are less saturated with productive players which leaves you BAIT!!!

WHO TO TRADE
What you want to do is bring your overweighted REBS and BLKS down. You can even bring BLKS down below average because BLKS is a category where 1 or 2 teams in a league dominate (like you right now) while the rest of the H2H matchups are going to be close. You will win REBS 70% of the time too, so you have room to take a hit in REBs as well. You have 2 excellent C's that are injury risks and an above avg. C. That means there are a bunch of teams with 1 good/avg C and im sure there are a few that are totally lacking in that category. You also have Amare and Bosh who just pile on those BIG MAN stats. You gotta part with some of these guys, and its gonna be hard to pull the trigger, but u gotta be smart. Literally, get rid of 2 of those big guys. You can actually get rid of 2 C's but you have to leave yourself Shaq or Camby (it would have to be 2 different trades). Package together at least one trade, if not 2, that looks like the following. Again do not trade both Amare/Bosh or both Camby/Shaq.

Look for something like this:
a) Kristic/Bosh/+ (+ means maybe one of your last picks if need be-those that are really not impactive unless in a big deal)
b) Shaq/Bosh/+
c) Shaq/Amare+
d) Camby/Kristic/+
e) Camby/Amare/+

If you do option D you can then trade Amare heads up if the first trade went very well and you need some more scoring or whatever.

WHO TO TRADE FOR
With your situation you can get a whole lot of talent. You want to look for, again, those players that bolster your pts/assts/stls and get in the package someone to help bring back some of your REBS or BLKS. And you need to get 1 or 2 C's out of the deal. You should target a top tier guy that brings it all. Guys like Pierce, Kidd, C. Paul, Hinrich, arenas, gordon, joe johnson, odom. Maybe even Nash or Parker (if someone is really in need of a C). Look for those middle tiered scorers, the G/Fs that are multi-stat gold like Josh Howard, Ricky Davis, D. West, Josh Smith. Look finally for that decent inside C that is consistently decent, and a solid FG%, but amazing, like Brezec, Chandler, Curry (all guys that shoot over 50%, get about 8 pts, 10 rebs and a block, assist, and steal or two). See if you can get Brad Miller he is the one guy that I would say you should specifically target in this trade. He scores 15, 5 assists, 1 stl, 1 blk, 87 FT%. Unfortunately he puts up bricks all day with FG of 36%, but thats worth getting this guy who is a perfect complement to a Fantasy team like you are trying to wind up with. Perpahs you could swing a 2nd trade Amare for Miller and someone like a marco jaric, or andreas nocioni type of player who only heps your situation.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
GoDuke
I airball my layups

Damon, Shaq, Amare and Camby - too much risk...
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Not what I meant. I didn't re read my post, but what I tried to be clear about is to consider trading:

One of each, but never both of the pairs: Camby/Shaq and Bosh/Amare

Definitely want to leave this squad with Camby/Bosh, Camb/Amare, Shaq/Bosh or Shaq/Amare. I think Camby works better on a team with Amare, and Shaq would work better with Bosh for reasons that would send me into a tangency zone.

I mentioned to maybe trade like Kristic/Amare/+ to get a lot of different options including a decent C like Magloire. And then move Shaq to get a Hinrich/+ or maybe Shaq/+ for a pierce. Something like that.

The squad needs to be shaken up for real, or else its gonna tank all while hogging all the BLKS and REBS in the league.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
EuroWise
GM Star

Talking rate my team thanks!

Thank you all for you ideas and help.

I have just rade Amare with a high injury risk for Gilbert Arenas.

How it looks like my team now? With Arenas I increase the 3pts, stls, and assists.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroWise
Thank you all for you ideas and help.

I have just rade Amare with a high injury risk for Gilbert Arenas.

How it looks like my team now? With Arenas I increase the 3pts, stls, and assists.

Thanks!
Was that a one-for-one trade because if it was, whoever took him off of your hands is stupid. You definitely improved your 3PTM, STL and ASST. You will still stink in TOs and assists are still not where I would want them to be (but I tend to overvalue assists and point guards in general). You might as well try to trade Carmelo Anthony because in a standard nine category league, Melo is only really valuable for points and FT% and Shaq will demolish your FT%. If you have managers in your league that will accept a Stoudemire for Arenas trade, I would go after somebody like Ron Artest, Rashard Lewis, Lamar Odom or Antawn Jamison in a straight up trade for Melo.

Please tell me John Salmons isn't still on your team.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-07-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
EuroWise
GM Star

Cool trades

Yes, Amare for Arenas, but my yahoo league is competitive cause I was 1st last year.
That player told me no, however he accpet the trade. Maybe he made a mistake.

Anyway I've got Arenas.

I'm thinking in offer Melo and Shaq for LeBron. What u think?

Regarding Salmos, I'm thinking taking M. Daniels or Kevin Martin instead. Which one you prefer.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yes, Amare for Arenas, but my yahoo league is competitive cause I was 1st last year.
That player told me no, however he accpet the trade. Maybe he made a mistake.

Anyway I've got Arenas.

I'm thinking in offer Melo and Shaq for LeBron. What u think?

Regarding Salmos, I'm thinking taking M. Daniels or Kevin Martin instead. Which one you prefer.
Get Kevin Martin. He's got great percentages and will be the starting SG in Sac. I imagine him averaging 1.5 threes, 15 points and 1 stl per game.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
EuroWise
GM Star

My team looks like:

Arenas
Ford
D.Stoudamire
Roy
Raja Bell
S.Jackson
Melo
Villanueva
Bosh
Camby
Shaq
Krstic
Kevin Martin o M. Daniels

Better now?

What aspect to improve? I want to win this year again!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
My team looks like:

Arenas
Ford
D.Stoudamire
Roy
Raja Bell
S.Jackson
Melo
Villanueva
Bosh
Camby
Shaq
Krstic
Kevin Martin o M. Daniels

Better now?

What aspect to improve? I want to win this year again!!!!
Once you get Kevin Martin, I think you'll be pretty much set. That's really conditional on how Brandon Roy turns out. You'll be weak in FT% and TOs but everything else looks solid.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
EuroWise
GM Star

Lightbulb

What do you think about getting Rudy Gay with my last spot?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #13
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
What do you think about getting Rudy Gay with my last spot?
He could be worth a look with Gasol out until after Christmas for some points and rebounds. However, since you already have three players that will average about ten rebounds per game plus Krstic and Villanueva, I think you are set in that department. I would look to get a player that will get threes and a steal with a decent amount of points like Earl Watson, Smush Parker, Kevin Martin or Vladimir Radmonovic. Any assists you could get would be an added bonus.
Is Jarret Jack available in your league?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
EuroWise
GM Star

Jarret Jack is available.

What about Anthony Parker?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #15
EuroWise
GM Star

Barbosa is also available.