Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Default If you were NJ GM for the summer...

What would you do to turn things around to make this Nets team a playoff contender again?

Me personally, I would look at the roster and see whats lacking, and make improvements, gains, and cuts to be a contender again, and ask my self are they worth the money...

2009/2010 Salaries

1. Vince Carter 16,300,000
2. Bobby Simmons 10,560,000
3. Devin Harris 7,800,000
4. Trenton Hassell 4,350,000
5. Eduardo Najera 3,100,000
6. Keyon Dooling 3,564,000
7. Yi Jianlian 3,194,400
8. Brook Lopez 2,255,880
9. Jarvis Hayes 2,062,800
10. Sean Williams 1,629,120
11. Ryan Anderson 1,317,120
12. Josh Boone 2,056,967
13. Maurice Ager 1,042,440
14. Chris Douglas-Roberts 736,420

2009/2010 Total Salary: 50,390,287

Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Keyon Dooling, and Brook Lopez are untouchable. Eduardo Najera, Trenton Hassel (and Dooling) are good defenders and need to help lead the other players with that defensive mentality. Bobby Simmons and Jarvis Hayes have a lot in them and Bobby needs to get back to the MIP player he once was, and Hayes should continue to work cause he can be really good. Ryan Anderson and CDR need to contiue to develop. If they work hard in the summer they can have a major impact. Yi is the X factor for the nets. Can he get his confidence up, can he get stronger and tougher in the paint. If he can develop as a strong PF he's the next Yao Ming.
Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Maurice Ager...Have potential, but what are they doing really? Ups and Downs. Can they help the team ?

Jamario Moon, Sergio Rodriquez, Charlie Villanueva could be available. Can we pick up one of these guys. What about Travis Outlaw?

(Im just playing GM)
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Default Re: If you were NJ GM for the summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
What would you do to turn things around to make this Nets team a playoff contender again?

Me personally, I would look at the roster and see whats lacking, and make improvements, gains, and cuts to be a contender again, and ask my self are they worth the money...

2009/2010 Salaries

1. Vince Carter 16,300,000
2. Bobby Simmons 10,560,000
3. Devin Harris 7,800,000
4. Trenton Hassell 4,350,000
5. Eduardo Najera 3,100,000
6. Keyon Dooling 3,564,000
7. Yi Jianlian 3,194,400
8. Brook Lopez 2,255,880
9. Jarvis Hayes 2,062,800
10. Sean Williams 1,629,120
11. Ryan Anderson 1,317,120
12. Josh Boone 2,056,967
13. Maurice Ager 1,042,440
14. Chris Douglas-Roberts 736,420

2009/2010 Total Salary: 50,390,287

Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Keyon Dooling, and Brook Lopez are untouchable. Eduardo Najera, Trenton Hassel (and Dooling) are good defenders and need to help lead the other players with that defensive mentality. Bobby Simmons and Jarvis Hayes have a lot in them and Bobby needs to get back to the MIP player he once was, and Hayes should continue to work cause he can be really good. Ryan Anderson and CDR need to contiue to develop. If they work hard in the summer they can have a major impact. Yi is the X factor for the nets. Can he get his confidence up, can he get stronger and tougher in the paint. If he can develop as a strong PF he's the next Yao Ming.
Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Maurice Ager...Have potential, but what are they doing really? Ups and Downs. Can they help the team ?

Jamario Moon, Sergio Rodriquez, Charlie Villanueva could be available. Can we pick up one of these guys. What about Travis Outlaw?

(Im just playing GM)
Yi X factor in the paint? More like the perimeter.
Josh and Ager have close to no potential

as for the GM spot
I would deffinently go for Ariza, A young guy that is doing really well with Kobe and Gasol... and could be a 6th man after 2010 if we magically get Lebron or someone...

Also I would try to Move VC to any desperate teams...only for a young player and picks though
People I would deffinently pick up are Ariza and
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Yi X factor in the paint? More like the perimeter.
Josh and Ager have close to no potential

as for the GM spot
I would deffinently go for Ariza, A young guy that is doing really well with Kobe and Gasol... and could be a 6th man after 2010 if we magically get Lebron or someone...

Also I would try to Move VC to any desperate teams...only for a young player and picks though
People I would deffinently pick up are Ariza and
Ariza is the one guy this summer I'd love to see the Nets sign if they could. I doubt it happens though.

The Nets are pretty tied up this summer. If Trenton Hassell picks up his option and the Nets pick up CDR's and Hayes's, they'll have 13 players already. With their 2 draft picks that's 15 players. I'm not sure who they'd be able to trade for then.

It really is going to depend on what happens in the draft. They need a legit starting SF. I could see an Earl Clark from Louisville being that guy if he gets to us.

Before the draft the team looks like this:

Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling
Vince Carter/Chris Douglas-Roberts
Bobby Simmons/Jarvis Hayes/Trenton Hassell
Yi Jianlian/Ryan Anderson/Eduardo Najera
Brook Lopez/Josh Boone/Sean Williams

I'd like to see them take Earl Clark in the draft. As for the 2nd rounder, that's a wild card. I could see taking an international player and letting him learn in Europe for awhile. Then maybe sign Boki Nachbar back. I'm not comfortable with the Nets back up big man situation. Boone and Williams will be gone eventually. They need to find a legit back up.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Sparklespice
Can barely lace up my sneakers

If i was the nets GM i would immediately target David Lee to put next to Brook. I would do a sign and trade with the Knicks involving hassel and Yi. Then I would hope to draft Earl Clark in the Draft. BUt then Look to give CDR and Anderson larger and more consistent roles off the bench or trade Vince for something and put CDR in the starting linuep
Sparklespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

I think that ARiza pick up would be a good look. That David Lee pickup would be good too.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

A healthy Devin, an improving Brook, and a steady Carter should get us into the playoffs. I'm hoping Frank can create an offense where all of them play together instead of the pick-your-poison offense he was running.

In the draft, I'm thinking in this order: Earl Clark, Gerald Henderson, Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson, or James Johnson. Any of them (well, not particularly sold on Johnson) should work and be a nice player for us.

I doubt any big FA acquisitions happen this summer because we're saving money for the next class and I doubt any big trades happen. If there is a trade it's probably for Carter. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Boozer for Carter swap since Utah seems to be happy with Millsap...though personally if we can somehow convince PHX to trade us Amare I'd probably piss in my pants.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #7
Silenttristo
I brick open layups

I would (if i could),

1. Send Josh Boone to PHX for Twin, and tear it up with some Twin Lopez Towers, Stanford-Style.
2. Untrade Simmons and Yi for RJ.
3. Send Ager to the NBL (Australia. I live there, and he would be a superstar in our league)
4. Resign Boki
5. Draft Patrick Mills (Again, the aussie thing)
6. Get Sean Williams off the Pot (and into anger management).

C- B. Lopez/Williams
PF- R. Lopez/Anderson/Najera
SF- RJ/Boki
SG- VC/Hayes/CDR
PG- Dev/Dooling/Mills

Its dumb, i know.

But it worked in my NBA09 franchise!

PS. If all else fails, dump Cap for the rest of the year, and sign L-Train next season. HOVA will love it.

Tristo.
Silenttristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Patty Mills in the lottery? Come on now, he's just an Aaron Brooks clone. It'd be like me seriously wanting the Nets to sign Roger Powell Jr. or Chester Frazier.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenttristo
I would (if i could),

1. Send Josh Boone to PHX for Twin, and tear it up with some Twin Lopez Towers, Stanford-Style.
2. Untrade Simmons and Yi for RJ.
3. Send Ager to the NBL (Australia. I live there, and he would be a superstar in our league)
4. Resign Boki
5. Draft Patrick Mills (Again, the aussie thing)
6. Get Sean Williams off the Pot (and into anger management).

C- B. Lopez/Williams
PF- R. Lopez/Anderson/Najera
SF- RJ/Boki
SG- VC/Hayes/CDR
PG- Dev/Dooling/Mills

Its dumb, i know.

But it worked in my NBA09 franchise!

PS. If all else fails, dump Cap for the rest of the year, and sign L-Train next season. HOVA will love it.

Tristo.

LOLOLOL! My 2k9 franchise is stacked too with Carmelo at SF...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Mavs are willing to trade Howard, Howard is paid nearly the same as Simmons, maybe we can package something for Howard.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Mavs aren't going to trade Josh Howard for Bobby Simmons. If they do, then Rod Thorn must have some really juicy dirt on Cuban to strip him twice.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Mavs are willing to trade Howard, Howard is paid nearly the same as Simmons, maybe we can package something for Howard.

I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday. I was reading up on howard and the mavs and it seems like the mavs DO NOT want Howard at all and are willing to do anything to remove him from the team, thats just wat i read. But I would welcome a trade for howard
Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Maniak
TJ Warren

Im just throwing some ideas out here, let me know what you think....

Move Carter for a younger SF or PF.....

See if anyone wants Yi...

When does Simmons expire? He might look valuable to a team who wants to free up cap space for the later years...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
When does Simmons expire? He might look valuable to a team who wants to free up cap space for the later years...
He is already valuable to us... he was I think top 5 for 3pt % and we need the expirers since we are actually rebuilding... he is an expirer next season... 10 mill off the books for 2010
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: