Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #136
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
yeah lets just do it for fun i guess, we won't get crushed

I lose you pick, You lose i pick

Done
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #137
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

it's a giant win, at the meadowlands whoo!
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #138
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
tell me how we aren't better then the eagles?

We Out Played The Eagles in Philly

Eli Manning Out played Donavan McNabb

Our Running Game was Better

Our Defense was Better

and Our Wide Recievers are Better, Plaxico Proved no DB on the Eagles can stop him.

I Like The Giants Position Right now

2-2 Lost to the Seahawks and The Colts

2-0 in the Division, Beat Philly at Philly and crushed the redskins today in every category.

You're wrong in most if not all counts. McNabb outplayed Eli. The Philly D dominated until the 4th quarter where even then it was great, but a lot of fluke plays helped out an already good offense. Like Plexico fumbling and it rolling a mile into the endzone to be recovered by the Giants. Trent Cole kicking a guy in the Nuts giving the Giants a kickable fieldgoal instead of a very very low percentage one in a high pressure situation or for better words one that would've been missed. Westbrooks fumble.

Westbrook had better stats than Tiki. And the Giants D wasn't that good, it was Reid trying to play conservatively instead of trying to damn score in the half.

Listen, if all things are even, as far as health. If the Giants find a way to beat the Eagles next game, I'll gladly tell you they're better. But they're not.

As for the Bears, good team. Very good. But they haven't played any great offenses thus far, and wont until they play the Giants. I mean even the Seahawks have struggled offensively and defensively this year and they played without last year's MVP (except ofcourse for the Giants game). Aside from that Giants game and New England they really have no competition this year. Hell you should be mad if you don't go 14-2 if not 15-1. Just remember that the postseason is a different season and your little punk ass schedule doesn't matter too much against a battle tested team.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 10-09-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #139
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

TO so far hasn't had the verbal explosion I'm expecting, but a few more games like yesterday's and it's bound to come. I expect him to start going after Drew Bledsoe shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Westbrook is nasty and has been for years. Hate hearing the Eagles dont have a good back.

He's good overall but he doesn't give them the toughness that a truly great RB would. 3rd and inches and Philly is guaranteed to either pass it or QB sneak with McNabb. The inability to pound out a tough yard is Philly's biggest weakness. If they lose to the Bears or Seahawks in the playoffs I bet that will be the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I can argue for Brady & Peyton. Anyone else? Not sure I could.

Carson Palmer is definitely on the level, and people forget Matt Hassleback too easily, but I'd also say that McNabb is #1 right now. Might have to put Grossman up there if he can keep his play up all season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
how does eagles own that division when they just lost to NYG. NYG own taht division currently. Ben Roethlisberger > Donovan because yes u guessed it he has won a ship.

Have you seen the way that Roethlisberger has played this year? Overall he's been terrible. And even in the Superbowl he was bad. His QB rating was something like 22, the lowest rating for an SB-winning QB ever. The Steelers won that as a team, with Hines Ward being the SB MVP. Just because a team wins doesn't mean the QB should get the credit. Charlie Batch is probably better than him right now. Big Ben majorly needs to shape up.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:35 AM   #140
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
How can the cowboys be ur 1st fav team then the eagles be ur 2nd fav team. i dont get it

I like the cowboys and I like the eagles. its simple. TO is my favorite player,mcnabb right after him. Its weird but I've been a big fan of mcnabb for a LONG time and I love the way he handles the field. and ever since I got into football, I was a boyz fan...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #141
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Who would have thought by now the Saints woud only have 1 loss?

Eagles pulled out a much needed win. The offense stalled dispite the D smacking Dallas in the mouth. TO was open for some passes and Bledsoe just messed up.

Roy Williams can only HIT. He cant cover for crap and yesterday showed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #142
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I like the cowboys and I like the eagles. its simple.

It is not possible. By far the most retarded and ridiculous claim a sportsfan can make. Like someone being a Redsox and Yankees fan. You're full of CRAP. Thought you were supposed to be this smart person, going to college at 16 etc etc? Stuff like this is why i question that...and even if you told the truth it just validates how a person make me bright in the classroom but dumb as dog poo outside. Lackin the basics.

It is impossible to like both teams. Period. I like certain players on certain teams but I dont go claiming the teams bonehead. THINK about it.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #143
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

My quick-hits for Week 5 in the NFL

1) Jake the Snake has the most current wins when the game is decided by 3 points or less with 27. The all-time leader? Dan Marino with 31.

2) Bears have the best defense in the NFL? Denver & the Ravens have something to say about that. Denver has given up 1 touchdown all year. Al Wilson has just as much impact on his team as Ray Lewis does for his Ravens.

3) Peyton Manning had to lead his team back the past two games. Let's not make a habit out that, men.

4) Julius Peppers is the best defensive player in football. I don't know if there has ever been a defensive end better then Peppers is right now. That's coming from a Reggie White fan.

5) While we're on the subject of DE, tied for the league lead with 6 sacks is Trent Cole. Who? My thoughts exactly.

6) David Carr would be in the discussion with McNabb, Peyton, Brady & Palmer if he had a better supporting cast to help him win some ball games. He's that good.

7) Oakland is just a horrible, horrible football team right now. Sorry Raider fans, but it doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #144
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
4) Julius Peppers is the best defensive player in football. I don't know if there has ever been a defensive end better then Peppers is right now. That's coming from a Reggie White fan.

Micheal Strahan. That wasnt hard one bit.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #145
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

HTML comments are not allowed
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #146
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
McNabb outplayed Eli

Eli Threw For 377 Yards and 3 TD's

McNabb Threw for aroudn 320 Yards
Old 10-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #147
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Micheal Strahan. That wasnt hard one bit.

Michael Strahan Is Right, Strahan was 2nd In Sacks Last Year Behind Burress and Osi was Third.

Sack Leaders
1) Burress
2) Strahan ( NYG )
3) Osi Umenyora ( NYG )

Giants have the Best Pair Of DE's In the League
Old 10-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #148
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It is not possible. By far the most retarded and ridiculous claim a sportsfan can make. Like someone being a Redsox and Yankees fan. You're full of CRAP. Thought you were supposed to be this smart person, going to college at 16 etc etc? Stuff like this is why i question that...and even if you told the truth it just validates how a person make me bright in the classroom but dumb as dog poo outside. Lackin the basics.

It is impossible to like both teams. Period. I like certain players on certain teams but I dont go claiming the teams bonehead. THINK about it.

Its not the players that make me like them. I just naturally grew to like both, I cant explain it, but I want both teams to succeed. Mcnabb was the player tha got me hooked on football but TO became my favorite player. When owens was paired with mcnabb, it was like a dream come true to me BUT i was still a boyz fan. then TO went to the boyz which just messed things up haha. I know its awkward to like both teams but i cant control it. I just naturally want both to win.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #149
hotsizzle
Superstar

I dont care what you think of me or if you believe me or not bro. I like two teams that happen to be rivals. when they face each other, im a die-hard dallas fan but other than that, I want both teams to win every single game.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #150
hotsizzle
Superstar

I'll give you this though, I may somewhat lack the definition of a "true-fan of a team" here because I do happen to like rivals but I guess its because it wasnt that long ago that I got hooked on football and never lived in a city with a football team ...so I dont know, this could be influenced by my biased for TO and Mcnabb, because ultimately I want both to succeed but I cant see myself not rooting for either team. i know what you mean about someone liking both those teams but again, I cant control it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: