Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #151
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Julius Peppers is the best defensive player in football. I don't know if there has ever been a defensive end better then Peppers is right now. That's coming from a Reggie White fan.

According to people who call Monday Night, Bart Scott or W/E is the best DE in the game right now.

Julius Peppers is on a whole other level then any DE in the game today, and will probably go out as the greatest DE in the game. Strahan dominated the game the way Julius? Please, don't hold his 20 sack season at such high regard. Peppers does a hell of alot more on defense then accumulate sacks...block FGs, constantly pressure the QB, run down receivers, intercept, deflect passes...guy is just plain silly out there.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #152
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
According to people who call Monday Night, Bart Scott or W/E is the best DE in the game right now.

Julius Peppers is on a whole other level then any DE in the game today, and will probably go out as the greatest DE in the game. Strahan dominated the game the way Julius? Please, don't hold his 20 sack season at such high regard. Peppers does a hell of alot more on defense then accumulate sacks...block FGs, constantly pressure the QB, run down receivers, intercept, deflect passes...guy is just plain silly out there.

Yes Strahan did at both pass rushing and run defense. Most complete DE in the game when he was getting it done. I'm sorry your bias once again CLOUDS your phuckinmg judgement to the games DE's before Peppers came about. I would ask you to educate yourself but thats like asking a Klan member to take a African American history course...you're lucky you can get them to sit in the class let alone acknowledge the history. What a joke.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #153
West-Side
Decent college freshman

No need to get so defensive buddy, I seen Strahan play...and you're overrating him, just like I'm overrating his 20 sack season...put an asterisk beside his name because Favre gave him the record on the silver platter....I'll put a double asterisk just for the simple fact you're talking out of your ass about him.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #154
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Michael Strahan

195 games, 21 Force Fumbles, 28 Pass Deflections, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 130.5 Sacks, 589 Tackles, 5 10+ sack seasons.

Julius Peppers

65 games, 16 Force Fumbles, 1 TD, 24 Pass Deflections, 3 INTs, 46.5 Sacks, 177 Tackles, 3 10+ Sack Seasons (well on his way for his 4th)

Now lets break this down:

Strahan has 5 more force fumbles in 130 more games.
Strahan has 4 more deflected passes in 130 more games.
Strahan has 1 more TD in 130 more games.
Strahan has 1 more INT in 130 more games.
Strahan after this season will only have one more season of 10+ sacks then Peppers, after Julius's 5th season in the league...VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Strahan has 3.0 tackles a game
Peppers has 2.72 tackles a game

Strahan has 0.67 sacks a game
Peppers has 0.72 sacks a game

I'm not even going to mention how many times Peppers blocked a FG, or ran down the field to tackle a receiver.

Also keep in mind that Strahan always had a great line, Jenkins was injured for the last 2 years....which meant Peppers was consistantly doubled/tripled team.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #155
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
No need to get so defensive buddy, I seen Strahan play...and you're overrating him, just like I'm overrating his 20 sack season...put an asterisk beside his name because Favre gave him the record on the silver platter....I'll put a double asterisk just for the simple fact you're talking out of your ass about him.

You realize Strahan has had double digit sacks in his career right? You realize he has a D-POY award under his belt right? You realize he was acknowledge as a feared DE in the game. The most complete DE in the game with his ability to be great at both stopping the run and rushing the passer right? Or that bogus sack clouds your phucking mind so much? Take the sack away and tell me how many he sits with. No I'll do you the favor since your stupid ass will mention the silly sack anyway. 21.5 is what Strahan would have finished with.

You have the slightest clue to the impact and dominace of #92. It is pathetic. But tell me Peppers stats minus the "*". Please feel free because there is a DE who came the same time that has more sacks so far career wise. Posted double digit seasons since he entered the league. Call me when Peppers is the undisputed best DE in the game. Call me when he wins a DPOY award. Call me when he has a 15 sack season. Dont tell me he constantly pressures the QB when most DE's do that idiot. Dont tell me he chases down WR's like its a weekly thing. Get a phucking clue jackass. You saw Strahan play is amazin considering your head was up your ass the entire time.

And I can name other DE's that are worth mentioning. But continue to engulf Peppers manhood if you must. Peppers has awhile to go before he is mentioned in the same sentence as Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Strahan. Heck Peppers doesnt even belong in the same sentence as Simeon Rice. So let him and Freeney battle for leagues top pass rusher, top DE. Dont talk about great DE's of the past as if you have a clue when you dont.

And dont mention the things Peppers can do that Strahan cant because Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, White couldnt either...but you wouldnt dare come out your phucking mouth and claim he is on thier level if not better. So keep ya mouth closed you biased dipshiiit.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #156
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Also keep in mind that Strahan always had a great line, Jenkins was injured for the last 2 years....which meant Peppers was consistantly doubled/tripled team.

No he hasnt but you're clueless so why am I not surprised? Sit here and list the great DL's Strahan was apart of.

Strahan has a DPOY award. Peppers?

Quote:
I'm not even going to mention how many times Peppers blocked a FG, or ran down the field to tackle a receiver

No mention it because you're talkin out your ass. You exaggerrated a point and will be called out on it. So show me the results of your claims. Thats why you dont mention it. You can mention 0.67 avg sack per game CRAP but cant mention how many times he did what you claimed. Why? You dont even know.

So come again you moron.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #157
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:
You realize Strahan has had double digit sacks in his career right?

Yep, he had 5 years of double digit sacks...Peppers after this year will have 4 in like 8 less years.

Quote:
ou realize he has a D-POY award under his belt right? You realize he was acknowledge as a feared DE in the game.

Please stay tuned, cause Peppers will have more then one prior to the end of his career. You realize that Peppers it the UNDISPUTED best DE in the game, get a clue if you don't.

Quote:
No I'll do you the favor since your stupid ass will mention the silly sack anyway. 21.5 is what Strahan would have finished with.

Impressive, how come he could only accomplish double digit sack seasons only FIVE times...consistency ain't his thang ey bro.

Quote:
Call me when Peppers is the undisputed best DE in the game. Call me when he wins a DPOY award. Call me when he has a 15 sack season.

I broke it down for you, Peppers basically eats Mr. Strahan up in every category...and as far as undisputed, you're a complete retard if you think Peppers isn't the undisputed best in the game at the DE end...it AIN'T EVEN CLOSE, pull that cloud out of YOUR head please.

Quote:
Heck Peppers doesnt even belong in the same sentence as Simeon Rice. So let him and Freeney battle for leagues top pass rusher, top DE. Dont talk about great DE's of the past as if you have a clue when you dont.

I am so done with you, not just in football talk but in general...you went from a humerous poster to a complete brainwashed idiot in no more then 10 minutes.

Reading your post was the biggest waste of time so far on this message board.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #158
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

*waits for this diickhead to list the great DL's Strahan played with*

Tick tock
Tick tock

This is the same idiot that sats Carolina has the best CB's in the game. Tune changed since then tho. Hilarious.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #159
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You're googling huh? Lookin up every Giants team roster and the DL Strahan played with. Trying your best to conclude what you claimed. Tough one huh? You cant even begin to BS a reply can ya dolt? Idiot.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #160
West-Side
Decent college freshman

I bet me sitting here, and keeping you company...just makes your day, all you do is insult people on here. For your sake I hope you're no more then 16 years old, because you have alot of growing up to do...as far as football talk, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about...I'll gladly inform you when Peppers has more sacks, FF, INTs, PD, Tackles prior to the end of his career...but I bet you'll still call him a pass rusher and claim that his competition is a guy who has 0 sacks on the year.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #161
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I bet me sitting here, and keeping you company...just makes your day, all you do is insult people on here. For your sake I hope you're no more then 16 years old, because you have alot of growing up to do...as far as football talk, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about...I'll gladly inform you when Peppers has more sacks, FF, INTs, PD, Tackles prior to the end of his career...but I bet you'll still call him a pass rusher and claim that his competition is a guy who has 0 sacks on the year.

So Freeney isnt as good as Peppers based on this season?

Rich...and nice swim move you did ignoring the claim Strahan played with great DL's. I see you didnt even try to entertain it. Moron.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #162
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

GoBB,

Peppers is not on the level of those great Defensive Linemen when speaking as a whole career, but that is a little mis-leading because Peppers career is far from over. Peppers is like the LeBron of DE's and when it's all said and done he will be ranked up there with the greats. Although Peppers has a better shot at being the best DE ever moreso then LeBron being the best player ever, because it's not only limited to one position for LeBron.

Nontheless, Peppers level of play has him as the front-runner for defensive MVP. If he keeps dominating the game like this for 11 more weeks he has a legit shot at the league MVP.

Just sayin, I haven't seen any lineman this year, or in the past, play at a indisputable higher level than Peppers.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #163
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You havent?? Wow. I have. Peppers when its all said and done can be on the level of greats but right now? He isnt. Freeney vs Peppers is Wade vs Bron.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #164
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Freeney doesn't play the whole game as well as Peppers. They are on par with each other as far as just rushing the passer goes, but I'm a realist bro.. Freeney is a few tiers below in run stopping & other facets of the game Peppers excels in. Freeney overuns way to many plays.

Quote:
Wow. I have. Peppers when its all said and done can be on the level of greats but right now? He isnt.

That's what I'm saying. Obviously he isn't on their level as of right now, because they have played most if not all of their careers - Peppers hasn't.

If you can honestly say you've ever seen a lineman play at a inarguable higher level than Peppers has this year then you sir have a better memory then me.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #165
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Peppers doesnt have 6 sacks rather 2 then you are less likely to type what you do. Peppers is not interception passes like a DB, stuffing the run like Urlacher/Ray Lewis and rushing the passer like a throwback LT. He has the capabilty of being a versatile DE but you cant overlook DE's who do thier jobs by rushing the passer and making an impact just the same. Strahan dominated with a DL not to brag about yet Peppers is having his best start of the season with a healthy DL that has one of the leagues best DT's. What was Peppers doing when his DL wasnt healthy? Damn sure wasnt in no MVP or DPOY race that is for sure. Peppers is a beast no doubt but he isnt this phenominal DE that I can honestly say has played at a higher level than other DE's in the past that I have seen. Granted he can do things Reggie White couldnt but Reggie did things Peppers couldnt.

I've never witnessed Peppers dominate a season like strahan or bruce smith has playing a season. Maybe he does it this season but since he has been in the league? Nope. Gives you glimpses

Last edited by GOBB : 10-10-2006 at 10:52 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: