Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #121
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I can argue for Brady & Peyton. Anyone else? Not sure I could.

mcnabb is outplaying peyton with a much weaker reciever core. you gave him a happy TO for one yr and he went to the superbowl, peyton is yet to go while having wayne and harrison. and speaking of this yr, mcnabb is outplaying brady and is statistically better than any qb. I belive he leads the league in passing yds, passing tds, with 1 pick and has the eagles ranked the highest offense in the league
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #122
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Sorry to say this to Cowboy fans but watching Bledsoe screw up is very entertaining. Certain QBs in the NFL are like that. Bledsoe, Aaron Brooks, Joey Harrington, Culpepper and Favre these days, Jake Plummer in the playoffs, random Detroit starter, etc.

The question isn't "if" with those guys. It's "when" is something bad going to happen and "how" bad is it going to piss off that team's fans when it does.

Judging by the reactions of Cowboy fans here, Bledsoe had a terrific game. A+ performance.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #123
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
mcnabb is outplaying peyton with a much weaker reciever core. you gave him a happy TO for one yr and he went to the superbowl, peyton is yet to go while having wayne and harrison. and speaking of this yr, mcnabb is outplaying brady and is statistically better than qb. I belive he leads the league in passing yds, passing tds, with 1 pick

McNabb also has/had an awesome defense. Peyton? Can't say the same thing consistently. Football more then any other sport is based on team things rather than individual things. It's not all Peytons fault the Colts haven't made the superbowl like some will lead you to believe - but that's a discussion for another time.

When I said I could argue Peyton & Brady it was based off past success and individual accomplishments. If you had to pick a QB to start your franchise with who would you take type deal. A Lot of people would pick McNabb, a lot of people wouldn't.

I agree, though, that McNabb is playing like a #1 QB in the league.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #124
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
McNabb also has/had an awesome defense. Peyton? Can't say the same thing consistently. Football more then any other sport is based on team things rather than individual things. It's not all Peytons fault the Colts haven't made the superbowl like some will lead you to believe - but that's a discussion for another time.

When I said I could argue Peyton & Brady it was based off past success and individual accomplishments. If you had to pick a QB to start your franchise with who would you take type deal. A Lot of people would pick McNabb, a lot of people wouldn't.

I agree, though, that McNabb is playing like a #1 QB in the league.

fair enough
Old 10-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #125
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I would happily take McNabb, Peyton, Brady, or even Palmer (I think he belongs up there). But the one thing that makes me put McNabb at the top of the list is the fact that he can if needed make plays with his legs. Whether that's buying 5 seconds to throw a pass or whether he's getting 50-100 rushing yards.
And Peyton has had a pretty good D the past 2 years, and Brady has always had good D.

I think with the way McNabb and Westbrook are playing (though Brook didn't have a good rushing game), and with their defense especially with Lito back, they will be a force and IMO a top 5 team. And they really should be undefeated

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 10-08-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #126
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Mcnabb hasn't proved he can win the big game. Brady has. I'll take Brady.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #127
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I would happily take McNabb, Peyton, Brady, or even Palmer (I think he belongs up there). But the one thing that makes me put McNabb at the top of the list is the fact that he can if needed make plays with his legs. Whether that's buying 5 seconds to throw a pass or whether he's getting 50-100 rushing yards.
And Peyton has had a pretty good D the past 2 years, and Brady has always had good D.

I think with the way McNabb and Westbrook are playing (though Brook didn't have a good rushing game), and with their defense especially with Lito back, they will be a force and IMO a top 5 team. And they really should be undefeated

100% agree. I had the eagles facing the boys this yr in the nfc game but it looks like boyz arent getting there with bledsoe. but i still have high hopes for philly
Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #128
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Steelers and Chargers is a good game, hope san diego pulls it out
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #129
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
100% agree. I had the eagles facing the boys this yr in the nfc game but it looks like boyz arent getting there with bledsoe. but i still have high hopes for philly

Philly vs Giants Book it, NYG wins

We beat Philly at Philly now we get to beat them at our house, Redskins we just whooped on 19-3, cowboys are next
Old 10-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #130
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The Giants offense is too, inconsistent IMO. Their defense is inconsistent, and their offense goes through droughts. They'll be in the hunt and should probably make the playoffs as the Wild Card, but they're not better than the Eagles. I do like them a bit better than the Cowboys though, but i think their offense really struggles against good QBs.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #131
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All irrelevant since the Bears own them all.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #132
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
All irrelevant since the Bears own them all.

Can't wait to play the bears..
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #133
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
they're not better than the Eagles.

tell me how we aren't better then the eagles?

We Out Played The Eagles in Philly

Eli Manning Out played Donavan McNabb

Our Running Game was Better

Our Defense was Better

and Our Wide Recievers are Better, Plaxico Proved no DB on the Eagles can stop him.

I Like The Giants Position Right now

2-2 Lost to the Seahawks and The Colts

2-0 in the Division, Beat Philly at Philly and crushed the redskins today in every category.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #134
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Can't wait to play the bears..

Giants are going to get crushed. wana make an avatar bet?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #135
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Giants are going to get crushed. wana make an avatar bet?

yeah lets just do it for fun i guess, we won't get crushed

I lose you pick, You lose i pick
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: