Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Oh No... 10 minutes of movie footage from Terminator Salvation = Not good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyD192hBFk4

This is basically the only summer movie I care about this year (Angels & Demons too.)

But after watching some of these clips... The hype (for me) has died down.

Watch the clips if you want... It will spoil some of the storyline... But F*ck it... I watched it anyway.

Damn.

Atleast we know there will be a sequel... or two.

Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Oh No... 10 minutes of movie footage from Terminator Salvation = Not good

If you took a random 10 minutes out of The Matrix, people would like...

I'm not saying this movie will be a classic, because I haven't seen it. But, I know people who have and they assure me that it is quality (these are people I trust when it comes to movies). I'm not sure whether or not it will match the considerable hype that surrounds it, but 10 minutes is definitely not a big enough sample to make any statement about the film.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Oh No... 10 minutes of movie footage from Terminator Salvation = Not good

[quote=RedBlackAttack]

I'm not saying this movie will be a classic, because I haven't seen it. But, I know people who have and they assure me that it is quality (these are people I trust when it comes to movies)./QUOTE]

Okay... All I was saying is that I felt a little disapointed by watching those clips.

I've seen the four minute extended trailer and looks like this movie could be pure greatness... but then I see some of these clips, and... and... It just seems like something is missing.

It'll be in theaters in two weeks, and I'll be there opening night.

Atleast we know it will be better than Part 3....
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

doesn't look to bad to me.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

I've said the same thing ... Terminator Salvation will either be a total stroke of genius, or a complete disaster. There is no luke warm in store for this movie. It's the first movie since T2 to push the story further in a new direction. T3 was terrible, and off the talents alone involved in Salvation, I can confidently say already it will be better than T3. But on potential, and if it does deliver. I could be convinced to it being the 2nd best film in the franchise. I don't know exactly what you're complaining about, everything I've seen thus far is very inspiring. I'll hold final judgement till I see it in all it's glory, but so far it definetely has me excited. I mean Salvation boasts what looks to be the most visually interesting entry to the series, excluding T2, and it definetely has the best actor featured in this action franchise (Bale) ... so we'll see how it shakes out.

2009's summer movies are super weak, especially in comparison to what 2008 had to offer movie going fans.

And Terminator Salvation was my last major hope.

Saw Wolverine and Star Trek and they were both horrific.

Transformers 2? Entertaining, but really the first film was anorexic in terms of story, plot, and character development. I don't see where they can take the story now to make it more interesting. The draw for the movie is the incredible Michael Bay action scenes, and the SUPER realistic looking giant robots. But it's just going to be a piece of eye candy.

And outside of a few comedy films, and Public Enemies and District 9 ... Terminator Salvation is the only major blockbuster than could be entertaining and thought provoking.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
BRINKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
And Terminator Salvation was my last major hope.

Saw Wolverine and Star Trek and they were both horrific.

Transformers 2?

no offense to you personally, but it irks me in general that so many people are just automatically willing to line up for such AWFUL movies, thus giving Hollywood no incentive to go out and actually make good ones. batman, spiderman, superman, ironman, x-men, tranformers, terminator, i mean they've made like 1,000,000,000 installments of these movies in the last 3 years and it seems like everyone here has gone to see every one of them. ridiculous.

Why make movies like A Few Good Men, and Shawshank Redemption these days when you can just give some supposedly serious actor a set of claws and have him go fight mutant super-bad-guys in outter space, or have a guy play "laser guns" with a bunch of evil robots who wanna destroy the earth?

why would ANYONE want to see movies that dumb. let alone MILLIONS of americans. poor taste is ruining movies, just like it did music. oy vei.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Atleast we know it will be better than Part 3....

T3 was pretty good, so we don't know if it'll be better.... McG scares me as the director. Those Charlie's Angels movies were ridiculously awful movies (I haven't seen We Are Marshall, though).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINKER
no offense to you personally, but it irks me in general that so many people are just automatically willing to line up for such AWFUL movies, thus giving Hollywood no incentive to go out and actually make good ones. batman, spiderman, superman, ironman, x-men, tranformers, terminator, i mean they've made like 1,000,000,000 installments of these movies in the last 3 years and it seems like everyone here has gone to see every one of them. ridiculous.

Why make movies like A Few Good Men, and Shawshank Redemption these days when you can just give some supposedly serious actor a set of claws and have him go fight mutant super-bad-guys in outter space, or have a guy play "laser guns" with a bunch of evil robots who wanna destroy the earth?

why would ANYONE want to see movies that dumb. let alone MILLIONS of americans. poor taste is ruining movies, just like it did music. oy vei.

That's funny coming from someone who praised garbage like A Night at the Roxbury. I don't even understand your piss poor reasoning, either. If people enjoyed the previous installments of a series, then why the **** wouldn't they also want to watch the next sequel? You're acting like just because a movie is sci-fi or based on a comic book, then it can't be good. What the hell do you even know of good taste?

Last edited by Jackass18 : 05-11-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #9
BRINKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's funny coming from someone who praised garbage like A Night at the Roxbury. I don't even understand your piss poor reasoning, either. If people enjoyed the previous installments of a series, then why the **** wouldn't they also want to watch the next sequel? You're acting like just because a movie is sci-fi or based on a comic book, then it can't be good. What the hell do you even know of good taste?

lol wow apparently i struck a nerve. you must be the exact kind of idiot who lines up for all these movies.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Yawn, get some sort of point and possibly a clue (seems doubtful) and maybe I'll bother to respond to your ignorance...

How is me laughing at you striking a nerve? I swear, kids these days.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

I've seen the four minute extended trailer and looks like this movie could be pure greatness... but then I see some of these clips, and... and... It just seems like something is missing.

Yea, like over 100 more minutes of movie. Lol, no disrespect but damn. And come on dude, it was announced forever ago that this would be a trilogy. Have faith. I think this will be at least the 3rd best flick of the franchise with potential to be the 2nd.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #12
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINKER

LOL @ Starface's idea of great cinema is A Few Good Men
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #13
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

That one guy sounds like the main character from the Splinter Cell games, ....wait IT IS! lol holy ****
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That Blair character played by Moon whatever was terrible in those scenes. Hope she's not in this flick a lot. I been anticipating this movie for like a year so I hope it's badass. I'm optimistic tho, even throughh these scenes. I hear Bale gets outacted by Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington from people who have seen showings already. They said he isn't very engaging and kinda goes overboard at times. However, he is a PERFECT choice in my mind so I'lkl make that judgment my damn self.

However, I don't see how it's possible to be better than Terminator or Terminator 2. It looks marvelous, but they had James Cameron, these new ones WILL NOT. It'll prolly be a very solid action film w/ new dimensions to the aforementioned plot/future but nowehere near the tone and feel of the orginial two. Hope I'm blown out of the water. I don't really like how it's beign fought in daytime. Shouldn't there be like a nuclear winter or sumthing??
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this looks so ****ing bad its unbelievable, the direction is piss poor, it is totally lacking any tension. utter utter shambles. bale is atleast trying but its pitiful to watch as whats going on around him is like a ****ing badly made b movie...
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: