Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #16
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Only reason parker gets the freedom to do that is because of Tim Duncan's boring 20 and 11

Your probably right. Spurs 2006-07 NBA Champions.
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Duncan gets way too much credit for the greatness of the Spurs. he's probably the single most important part but his contribution pales in comparison to the combined effort of the best scouting ever, the best coach in the game, great defensive roleplayers, guys who fit the system perfectly on offense, etc.

He's never had anything less than a top-notch group of guys that any great big man would be able to take to titles. He gets put above those other great big men for that reason. He's achieved some sort of mythic status that he does not deserve.

As for whether he's the best in the game today... probably. Im not sure. Lebron is definitely head and shoulders above Duncan right now offensively. at his best, too. But Duncan is a steady force, he is 7', he is a top notch defensive anchor in every regard. And Lebron only plays one side of the ball and is a SF.

Last year Lebron was better than Duncan. Provided Duncan's healthy I guess he's #1. Really I can't tell until I see him again. I have no guage for how good he's going to be from here on out. If he has another 18/10 season I don't know what to think.

The question is who would you rather center a team around for one season. And its tough. Yes Duncan gives you a defensive anchor as well as a reliable post option and those are the two most important things to have. But Lebron gives you a reliable post option as well and much more on offense. So all you have to fill out to make up for what Duncan would give you is rebounders, shotblockers, putback guys downlow and those are dime a dozen more or less. But what Lebron gives you on offense is not dime a dozen at all. He's top 3 at passing, scoring AND creating, he can successfully be absolutely everything for a team on the offensive side of the ball and Duncan CANNOT. Duncan needs help, he needs zippy PGs to hit on cuts, he needs Manus to defer to in the clutch. Lebron just needs shooters and roleplayers. So its tough.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 10-08-2006 at 04:05 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #18
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

Best PG - Nash

Best SG - Kobe

Best SF - T-Mac (When Healthy)

Best PF - Duncan

Best C - Yao
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #19
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade
Best PG - Nash

Best SG - Kobe

Best PF - Duncan

Best C - Yao

rofl always "Tmac When Healthy"
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #20
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

best pg Penny When Healthy
best sg Allan Houston When Healthy
best sf TMac When Healthy
best pf Mcdyess When Healthy
best c J Oneal When Healthy
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I don't care if Tmac is healthy and has super powers hes still not as good as Lebron.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #22
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
TD is the MOE -most overrated ever- (" if he´s healthy " , " he dnt need to score ,he can score if he want ", i heard that BS all the time)

"most overrated ever"

that's the dumbest statement ever
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #23
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't care if Tmac is healthy and has super powers hes still not as good as Lebron.

i think a lot of people forget how good a healty and motivated T-MAC is. I think LEbron might be slightly better but i would pick T-MAc in a head to head matchup to play better.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #24
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
Timmy is great. . . but Tony Parker is the most exciting player on that Spurs team. Tim Duncan's game is fundamental, but Parker is fast as lightning, he's by far one of if not the most quickest player in the league. And he has nice spin moves and floaters, I rather see that than watch Duncan slowly score 20 and grab 11 rebounds.

And what does your post have to do with anything? So Parker is fast and exciting, this post is abotu Duncan being one of the best.

And for the kiddies, yes Duncan is still at the least a top 3 player in the game. And what he has accomplished in his career already ranks him top 15 all time. None of whoever the hell your favorite player is (besides Shaq) is top 15 all time yet. Definitely not Tmac and Dirk so get outta here.

Besidse Kobe fans, Tmac and Dirk fans are the worse on this board.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #25
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

For impact, fundamentals and ability to carry a team, it's Duncan to the knowledgeable baksetball fan.

I love the guys like Bron, Wade, TMac but Duncan's a dominant big and he proved this year in the playoffs that he still has it.

Duncan until someone decisively knocks him off his throne. That hasn't happened yet.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #26
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
For impact, fundamentals and ability to carry a team, it's Duncan to the knowledgeable baksetball fan.

I love the guys like Bron, Wade, TMac but Duncan's a dominant big and he proved this year in the playoffs that he still has it.

Duncan until someone decisively knocks him off his throne. That hasn't happened yet.

Dirk knocked him off his throne last season. And not only that, Dallas probably could have won that series in 5 (SA got some bs calls in game 5 which everyone conveniently forgot about)
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #27
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Think you've forgotten just how good a healthy TMac is.

He's miles ahead of LeBron defensively, and offensively he's right there or above him.

If both are healthy this year, it will be interesting.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #28
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Dirk knocked him off his throne last season. And not only that, Dallas probably could have won that series in 5 (SA got some bs calls in game 5 which everyone conveniently forgot about)

Dirk is not the defensive offensive combo that Duncan is, and his reliance on jump shots instead of being able to bang it in the post is what sent Dallas packing against Miami.

I like Dirk, but he's no Duncan yet.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #29
joewait

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Dirk is not the defensive offensive combo that Duncan is, and his reliance on jump shots instead of being able to bang it in the post is what sent Dallas packing against Miami.

I agree Duncan is better careerwise(he's easily top 10 of all time) but Dirk did indeed knock him off his throne last year, and could have well done it in 5 ganmes.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #30
Locked_Up_Tonight

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

And what does Dirk have to do be better than Duncan?

(And I not talking about their respective careers.. I am talking about **right now in the moment**)
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: