Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #31
rocfan1
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
rocfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 177
rocfan1 has an OK reputation so far
Default

in response to geewiz15 post

Who would I rather have for one season?TIM DUNCAN of course why the hell would any one for one season only pass on a man that Has Three championship Rings and three finals MVPs and still in his prime. You had a good argument for lebron but What Tim brings to the table you cannot fill in with role players he brings scoring, rebounding, defense,passing and most importantly HIS BASKETBALL IQ(this is what makes him a champion!!!) is through the roof the smartest basketball player I've seem in a very long time!! He knows the perfect time to take games over, when to let people like amare score and conserve his fouls while gathering his wind, and what move he needs to make in every defensive set you can think of, when to lock down. theres some many things he does better then everyone else, He is not replaceable at all!?!?!?!?

so for one season only Lebron NOT going to bring you a championship He hasn't even proven he can!!! so why the hell would anyone pick him for one season!!!One season you go with proven winner Tim Duncan!!!!!!!! and if anyone thinks dif. I sorry but you just don't really know basketball!!!
rocfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #32
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,977
Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

In my opinion, Kobe is the best player in the world.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #33
Blue Bear
I airball my layups
 
Blue Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 36
Blue Bear has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
In my opinion, Kobe is the best player in the world.

Blue Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #34
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bear

He said " in my opinion". What's so funny about an opinion?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #35
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default

Quote:
Who would I rather have for one season?TIM DUNCAN of course why the hell would any one for one season only pass on a man that Has Three championship Rings and three finals MVPs and still in his prime.
you didn't read my post, did you?

Quote:
You had a good argument for lebron but What Tim brings to the table you cannot fill in with role players he brings scoring, rebounding, defense,passing
hate to burst your bubble but scoring, rebounding, defense and passing are EXACTLY what roleplayers bring.

Quote:
most importantly HIS BASKETBALL IQ(this is what makes him a champion!!!) is through the roof the smartest basketball player I've seem in a very long time!! He knows the perfect time to take games over, when to let people like amare score and conserve his fouls while gathering his wind, and what move he needs to make in every defensive set you can think of, when to lock down. theres some many things he does better then everyone else, He is not replaceable at all!?!?!?!?
act as if Lebron doesn't have bball IQ? on offense his IQ and presence are nearly unmatched in the league. and on defense.. you can get roleplayers for that. which I covered in my original post.

Quote:
so for one season only Lebron NOT going to bring you a championship He hasn't even proven he can!!!
he also hasn't proven he CAN'T. he's never had Duncan's supporting cast and Duncan has never had Lebrons therefore you cannot use that as an argument because the extenuating circumstances are not constant.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #36
Blue Bear
I airball my layups
 
Blue Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 36
Blue Bear has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
He said " in my opinion". What's so funny about an opinion?

yeah and in my opinion i think he's stupid so i laughed. why are you being defensive for him? :rollingeyes:
Blue Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #37
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bear
yeah and in my opinion i think he's stupid so i laughed. why are you being defensive for him? :rollingeyes:

Because opinions aren't funny unless it's semi retarded which his statement wasn't.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #38
Blue Bear
I airball my layups
 
Blue Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 36
Blue Bear has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Because opinions aren't funny unless it's semi retarded which his statement wasn't.

and who are you to tell me what's funny what's not? i laugh when i want...
Blue Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #39
TheHonestTruth
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 907
TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
TD is the MOE -most overrated ever-

No, that's a tie between Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordon.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default

where should Jordan be then? are you one of those Magic and Wilt > MJ guys?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #41
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default

I'd take Lebron because he can dunk harder
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #42
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,237
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default

Most people prefer style over substance, sad but true. Ill take Duncan nearly 10 times out of 10 if offered.. at least when it comes to winning games, leadership, teamwork, etc. If it's all about scoring, or selling tickets, maybe I'll go with somebody else.

Duncan turns a team into a contender, not the other way around. The role players don't make him great, he makes the role players great. Have none of y'all ever heard the joke Pop always tells about how "when Duncan retires, I'm retiring" (ie Spurs are nada with out Duncan). Avery Johnson, Speedy Claxton, Malik Rose, Stephen Jackson, Devin Brown, Nazr Mohammed, etc. You can't tell me these guys are anything more than average NBA players.

I think it also says something that Robinson goes his whole career without getting a ring... untill he meets up with Duncan.

And Duncan still has plenty left in the tank, no doubt about it. Having two borderline all-stars on his team is only going to increase his longevity as well. Take some of the pressure off of him in the regular season... I do think, though, that he'll be having a better season this year than last (at least statistically). From what I've been hearing/reading, he's very healthy right now, and ready to go.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #43
Jfro
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3
Jfro has an OK reputation so far
Default

Ok so Dirk beat Duncan....so that means Dirk>Duncan? Nope.
Who's the star of the Pistons, Chauncey?? Chauncey beat Lebron, so does that mean Chauncey>Lebron? Nope.
That's poor logic. Dirk is mighty good, but like I said Duncan's game is the most complete.
Jfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #44
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star
 
Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,190
Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here
Default

Quote:
I said Duncan's game is the most complete.

And Garnett's game is more complete than Duncan's... your point?

I realize Dallas didn't win the title but the only reason people pick Duncan as a top 5 player is because he wins. He didn't win last year. In fact I garauntee you had Dallas not beaten SA many on this board would have held that aghainst Dirk when discussing his game. So why isn't it held against DSuncan while discussing his game?

Oh right... he has won in the past. But that's the problem. We aren't talking about career... we are talking about currently. And currently Duncan is a 19/11 player who can't get out of the second round.

And as of in the here and now... Dirk is looking him right in the eyes. Does that made Dirk the better player for their career? Nope. But does that make Dirk the better player in the 2005-2006 season and possibly the 2006-2007 season? Yes.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #45
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,178
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
"most overrated ever"

that's the dumbest statement ever

tell me another guy with 18 ppg/2nd round exit in all NBA history who is considered the BEST PLAYER OF THE WORLD period
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy