Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default College Students

How are y'all doing this semester? Are finals upon you? Has the current financial fiasco affected your future education/career choice?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: College Students

Doing well this semester. Should end up with a gpa around 3.5 for just this spring. Finals coming up in May. I haven't changed my major for any reason, and this recession will have no effect on whether I change majors or not. I am taking intermediate macro economics this semester, so I am starting to understand what is going on in the economy and how it compares to previous recessions, what certain policies should do as opposed to what they actually do. Very interesting stuff. I would recommend taking an advanced macro class to anyone, even if you're not majoring in a business related field.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

I'm graduating in July. Since I've been looking to work in finance/consulting along with most people at my school we've had a lot less people with jobs than the norm. (including me) I should graduate with a 2:1 (hard to convert it to the american system, but its pretty much sufficient to make the cut for any entry level job if its from my uni and your resume is good enough) if I keep studying until my exams in May. Each exam is 100% of my grade so every day I'm studying.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

I got my finals next week. Im freaking out but everyone else is too. Ill probably do fine though.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

all that matters to me is that i get my 24G loans via SallieMae to pay my tuition and cover my expenses for school. That is all that matters to me. So far, this economic crisis has not affected me personally. It would have, if i had decided to stay in the work force and continue my job as an Engineer. Now...i am on a path where no economic crisis can affect me.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
all that matters to me is that i get my 24G loans via SallieMae to pay my tuition and cover my expenses for school. That is all that matters to me. So far, this economic crisis has not affected me personally. It would have, if i had decided to stay in the work force and continue my job as an Engineer. Now...i am on a path where no economic crisis can affect me.
guns drugs or entertainment?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

I've been skipping a lot of my classes, and have fallen quite a bit behind. But its okay, this always happens, I catch up and finish at the top.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow if 2 morons like Glove and Vapid go to college anything really is possible
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tore it up as always.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Let's see, I'm going to get at most a D in Economics because the damn book was written by my damn professor, & his damn tests are so hard it's not even funny. I literally read the chapters 3 times, and it just does not register. He has a horrible failure percentage, and well, if I get below a C in his class, I lose my financial aid, so therefore I have to pay for next semester out of my own pocket. I make about $215 a month. I'm ****ed. I hate this *******. He says "If you try you will succeed." I read the chapters multiple times, take notes, do practice tests, review, do the homework, everything you need to do to pass, and I am failing the course. He's a complete ass. Maybe if he actually taught the damn subject I would at least get a C.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

215$ per month doing what?
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

This semester has been hell for me. I got a viral infection about 4 weeks ago, so I've been out of class. School ends in 2 weeks so my gpa is going to take a huge hit.
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer
Working in a damn library.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer

Damn dude, his parents are $155 per month better than yours.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
How are y'all doing this semester? Are finals upon you? Has the current financial fiasco affected your future education/career choice?

I am doing alright this semester (3.5 gpa + 1 unk class) Dean's list for 4 straight semesters now (missed first two). Finals coming up (20th or so week of may) and i have a biotech final @ 7:00 AM! As for future education, i am going to be attending UOP in two semesters.

Money is not an issue for me. I am fortunate that my parents are willing to take on the financial burden of my education throughout college and med school.

Last edited by rawimpact : 04-27-2009 at 04:27 PM.
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: