Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who mountain bikes?

Here's one of my favorite bikes:

MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I use one at UC davis, best bike system in the nation

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #18
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

i wish i had the money to buy a bad ass mountain bike. i would go everywhere
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That bike is all original except the tires. I don't think I can bring myself to change the tape.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
what did that run you?

cost me $225... the guy said he got it in 04' for around 500

Last edited by BrooklynZoo : 05-11-2009 at 09:03 PM.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #21
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield

Brooklyn - That bike is nice man. Are you happy w/ it thus far?

yeah im pretty happy with it so far but to be honest i havent rode it much yet, plannin on takin it out a few times within the next week. there is a problem with it in that it doesnt seem to go into the lowest gear.. the guy told me about it but being that i dont really know much about gears on bikes i overlooked it. i hope its a simple fix, but even if not i dont notice it anyway. i think the seat looks a little g@y tho, so i might change that along with the handles and pedals, or would it be better to keep the originals?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #22
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
That Schwinn is tight Deuces, I've got a couple of old bikes from that era that are similar (a Puegeot and Fuji). They color schemes (like yours) are beautiful.
I'd get some new bar tape though if I were you.

That is a sweet roadie. LOoks like a Brooks saddle in excellent condition too!

Quote:
Cannonball my Uber V retailed for 2,500 but I bought it like 3 years ago for 700. It is one of the best high suspension rides and literally like a child of mine. Before I went full suspension I'd ride a hard tailed Kona and a Specialized Rock Hopper. You can get great deals of used mountain bikes if you know what you are looking for.

Marlo, the pic just shows a stock one, but an Uber V is a Super V that has a Jekyll rear triangle and a slightly larger than stock (7.5" x 2.0") rear shock which increases the rear travel from 4.75 to about 6". Is that what you have?

If so, that is even cooler!

I sold my Super V to the guy that invented the Uber V. He lives in upstate NY and has started a website devoted to Uber V's:

In case you didn't know about this site:

http://forum.tryonbike.com/index.php?board=5.0

Quote:
ELL - Where are you riding in that picture? Looks familiar.

The pic was taken in Big Bear, CA, about a 2 hour drive east of Los Angeles.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a stock '72 B15 in near mint condition. Definitely a nice catch and very comfortable to ride.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #24
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
It's a stock '72 B15 in near mint condition. Definitely a nice catch and very comfortable to ride.

I have a Brooks B-17 Special on my Kona hardtail
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Do people commonly put them on mountain bikes?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #26
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Do people commonly put them on mountain bikes?

Not super common, but not highly unusual. The main reasons they wouldn't are 1) because you wouldn't want to regularly expose it to water if you ride in the mud or rain, 2) they are a bit wide if you have to try to get behind it on steep descents and 3) they are bit bit on the heavy side.

I don't often ride in the rain here in CA and I can lower it on steep descents if I want so it works for me. Very comfortable saddle so I am OK with the weight.
================
Here's a shot of my son last summer at Big Bear:

and my daughter who races road bikes:

I raised her proper as a mountain biker, but once she got to college (UCSB), she went to the dark side ;~)

Last edited by EllEffEll : 05-11-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I don't mountain, but I put about 30-35 miles a week commuting on my roadie. Here's my other ride: 1965 Schwinn Twinn Deluxe that I pimped out with chrome motorcycle speakers and a battery powered amp to hook up to an iPod or portable radio.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

I use to mountain bike a while back. Had a yellow Cannondale. Can't remember the exact model but it was a good bike.

My road bike was a GIANT brand but gave up both biking sports. Run long distance these days.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #29
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

Very nice My brother has a single passenger version of that bike or one very similar. Same saddle and color too, but his is a three speed.

Last edited by EllEffEll : 05-11-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #30
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I've been thinking of picking up one of the classic single seat schwinn heavy weights, because my girlfriend is terrified to get on the back of that thing with me.

I might enjoy mountain biking, but after I put 40 hours in the field the last thing I want to do when I get home is get back out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: