Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #31
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: who mountain bikes?

Good stuff guys. I was thinking about going and getting my stupid walmart bike tuned and adjusted for me but that's probably 50 bucks and that's just a waste of money... Imma try and do some stuff on it myself. mainly the brakes are rubbing likea sob and i can't seem to get them to stop
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #32
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
That is a sweet roadie. LOoks like a Brooks saddle in excellent condition too!

Marlo, the pic just shows a stock one, but an Uber V is a Super V that has a Jekyll rear triangle and a slightly larger than stock (7.5" x 2.0") rear shock which increases the rear travel from 4.75 to about 6". Is that what you have?

If so, that is even cooler!

I sold my Super V to the guy that invented the Uber V. He lives in upstate NY and has started a website devoted to Uber V's:

In case you didn't know about this site:

http://forum.tryonbike.com/index.php?board=5.0

The pic was taken in Big Bear, CA, about a 2 hour drive east of Los Angeles.
ELL - I've got the Uber V. Pretty awesome I can't imagine riding anything else. I'll get some pics of mine up here soon. Thanks for the link. I occasionally post on the MTB forums.

Big Bear looks fun. Reminds me of some single tracks that I ride in Pennsylvania. Very technical trails.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Moab, Utah sometime this Summer. I rode there 2 years ago and it was magical.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #33
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
ELL - I've got the Uber V. Pretty awesome I can't imagine riding anything else. I'll get some pics of mine up here soon. Thanks for the link. I occasionally post on the MTB forums.

Big Bear looks fun. Reminds me of some single tracks that I ride in Pennsylvania. Very technical trails.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Moab, Utah sometime this Summer. I rode there 2 years ago and it was magical.
eastern PA?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #34
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
eastern PA?
South Eastern, Bucks County to be exact.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #35
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
South Eastern, Bucks County to be exact.
oh I'm north western just like our political views we are on complete opposite sides
Old 05-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #36
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

I have never heard anything but good about the Uber V. I was pretty attached to my Super V, but was ready to try something different after 8 years. Good to know the guy I sold it to converted it to an Uber.

Big Bear has some fun stuff:

I have to live vicariously through the boy. . . .

Then there is this area about 20 minutes drive from the Rose Bowl:

This is the local stuff about a mile and a half from where I live (you can see the riders on the top of the hill. . . barely):

Moab and Gooseberry are on my bucket list. Share some pics if you have some.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: