Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Why do we keep starting Primoz?

Primoz is a nice player, maybe a top 15 true center in the league, but he just doesn't fit. The rest of our players get up and down the court and he can't. Our players play gritty D and he doesn't. Matter of fact he's not even that great on the boards. Yea he can shoot and score in the post but he does not fit with a team ran by Raymond Felton. I honestly believe, and have for 3 years believed, that we would benefit by allowing Meka to man the 5 and allowing Primoz to shine with the second team providing valuable scoring off the bench.

Anyone else agree?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I honestly believe, and have for 3 years believed, that we would benefit by allowing Meka to man the 5 and allowing Primoz to shine with the second team providing valuable scoring off the bench.
Anyone else agree?

Yes, I basically agree with you. Primoz certainly would benefit the team off the bench because the coach could put him on the floor at specific times in the games and for specific purposes. But as far as keeping Primoz as a starter, I have watched him over the past couple of years and I think that his play is too inconsistent and not athletic enough for a starting position on a team that is overall a physical and athletic team and a team that wants to make the playoffs soon. Emeka is a much stronger player and can be counted on to be more consistent in his play. Of course the only qualifier there is that Emeka would have to stay healthy. Primoz doesn't get injured or miss many games so he can be counted on in that way more than Emeka can.
Any thoughts..............

Last edited by Timmeh : 10-08-2006 at 10:01 PM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I agree as well. If we can whip Sean May into shape then we could start Okafor at center and May at 4. Or vice versa because May played center in college even though Jawad Williams was about 2 inches taller than him. Also, May has 3 years of prior experience playing with Felton, so he knows what it's like to run. I watched him for 3 years and I know he can run because he finished his fair share of fast breaks in college.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Nope. If you bench Primoz, this is your starting 5:

PF: Okafor 6'-10"
SF: Morrison 6'-8"
C: May 6'-9"
PG: Felton 6'-2"
SG: Wallace 6'-8"
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

What's wrong with that? Ben Wallace is 6'9. Plus, we may not even start Morrison. We could go:

PG: Knight 5'11"
SG: Felton 6'2"
SF: Wallace 6'8"
PF: Okafor 6'10"
C: May 6'9"

Although the likelihood of it is highly doubtful. Just another scenario.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Nothing, nothing at all, I figured if May started he would go at Center and keep Okafor at the 4
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

may can't play 5.

he's listed as 6'9 but thats a lie, unless he grew an inch since he's been in the league. plus ben is 6'9 but hes a tank, sean may has always looked like he could be in better shape.

plus hes got no fro, big bens secret weapon,

but honestly meka should play the 5. if u want May starting, hed start at the 4
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I fully agree that Meka should start at center. He's getting paid to play basketball so even if he doesn't feel "comfortable" at center he could at least learn it. If all else fails though, we still have Harrington and Ely that could easily start at PF with Okafor at center.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

small ball has become very effective nowadays with the deminishing of quality big men and the NBA moving towards a more guards oriented game. i dont see any problem starting okafor at the C and moving sean may to the PF...then depending on matchups you can start primoz in certain situations.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: