Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dunleavy update

via Bruno's Blog

Quote:
While being prepped for surgery the morning of March 6, Mike Dunleavy was visited by his surgeon, Dr. Richard Steadman.

"He basically told me there's a chance he goes in there and can't fix anything," Dunleavy said, "and I'm going to be done."

Remember rumors pre-surgery about it possibly being career threatening that were blown off? Yeah, those were legit.

Quote:
In his first interview since the surgery on his right knee more than three weeks ago, Dunleavy was generally optimistic about his future but uncertain when he might be able to resume his basketball career.

"There really isn't (a timeline) at this point," he said. "It's just too hard to say. It's a long-range recovery so to pinpoint when I'll be back jogging, running, playing, all that stuff, it depends on the prior steps. Believe me, I want to know as bad as anybody else but they can't give me that. So I just have to take it week-by-week and month-by-month.

"The way things have gone through the surgery and the first three weeks, it can't be going any better right now. The full expectation is that I make a recovery and I'll be better than before I had the bone spur in there. But you just don't know how it's going to turn out."

What is it with Indy and knee injuries? JO and his albatross deal, now Jr. Go to the link for the rest. Seems as if going under the knife was quite literally a last ditch effort to save his career. Says if recovery is realized (which is a LONG ways from being determined) he could come back better than before. Says this as he's hobbling around on crutches.

InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dunleavy update

A damn shame. After having a breakout year last season, now he may never even play again. Figured this injury was serious when he was out so long with a bum knee. I guess Indy cant really count on this guy to ever be back. Does put a damper on things. Well one thing going for him is that he is not an overly athletic player. He is a smart player and if he can return, he can be similar to what he was. Best of luck
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that's just our luck. doesn't surprise me at all. like IHTT said above me, dude finally had a season that lived up to his hefty contract only to come to this.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was from March 6th?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
That was from March 6th?

Article's from yesterday. His surgery was on the 6th.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Article's from yesterday. His surgery was on the 6th.
Well it said there's a chance the doc can't do anything. If the surgery is done, shouldn't we know?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Well it said there's a chance the doc can't do anything. If the surgery is done, shouldn't we know?

Know what? If he had the surgery? His future status? It's all in the article...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Know what? If he had the surgery? His future status? It's all in the article...
Buhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry, retard moment.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKsr4L9lh0

my all time favorite mike dunleavy highlight.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
winningfreak
I brick open layups

winningfreak has not been impressing people

One dunleavy down just one to go!
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningfreak
One dunleavy down just one to go!
Youre sick. lol
Old 05-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Update, looking good

Cliff notes that make me smile;

- no pain since the week after surgery
- doc says it's hard to imagine the knee doing any better at this point
- his healthy knee (left) feels like a baby's ass
- scar tissue growing uniformly (makes it sound like that's a big issue)
- back on the court (stand still jumpers) for first time since February
- Star Trek sucked
Old 05-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #13
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, it sounds like Dunleavy's knee is doing good so far. He has a blog that he's been updating every week on pacers.com (it's only a few weeks old so far). Supposedly he'll continue to update it every week throughout the summer. I really like watching Dunleavy play and hopefully we will continue to get good reports on his knee through the blog.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: