Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Gordon for Carlos Boozer and Brewer

Would you trade Ben Gordon and PJ Brown for Carlos Boozer and Ronnie Brewer? That providing Boozer was healthy.

I think this would be a good trade for the Bulls. Gordon is good but his potential can't be unleashed in Skiles system. Boozer and Nocioni would be able to pick up the scoring slack missed from Gordon. The Bulls especially need scoring in the post and Boozer provides that. He's also solid on D. Brewer would also be a good fit for the Bulls because he plays good defense. I know that Gordon has problems with that.

I know your heart will tell you NO because you're all Gordon fans but please think of it objectively.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

taurus515th has an OK reputation so far

i would not do that trade. Yea im a big Gordon fan but im also looking at the trade objectively. We will than have no one on our team taller then 6'9 thats NBA ready except Malik Allen, we lose a veteran, and if Paxson really wanted Ronnie Brewer he would have gotten him instead of Thabo Sefolosha. Also we do not need to add 3 rookies to our team. To me we have made a lot of moves this offseason but it really doesnt hurt as long as we dont trade our core players which Paxson has not done.

How about Michael Sweetney, Malik Allen, and 2007 PICKS for Nene?

PG-Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon
SG-Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha/Adrian Griffin
SF-Luol Deng/Andres Nocioni/Viktor Khryapa
PF-Nene/Tyrus Thomas/Luol Deng
C-Ben Wallace/Nene/PJ Brown

trading 4 Nene probably will not work money wise tho lol. I just wish we could have gotten him tho.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #3
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

I wouldnt, I dont know why you dont think Gordon fits in skiles's system, but Carlos definetley does not. That guy is soft, constantly injured, and puts himself ahead of the team. I'm not sure how many points he scores in the post either, he is not really going to solve the bulls post problems.

We have no need for brewer with thabo in town either. I just think if we traded gordon, we could get more for him then an overpaid softy to play PF and a solid SG who we dont need.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:19 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

no way... you can't take your only potential scorer out of your team...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Would you trade Ben Gordon and PJ Brown for Carlos Boozer and Ronnie Brewer? That providing Boozer was healthy.

I think this would be a good trade for the Bulls. Gordon is good but his potential can't be unleashed in Skiles system. Boozer and Nocioni would be able to pick up the scoring slack missed from Gordon. The Bulls especially need scoring in the post and Boozer provides that. He's also solid on D. Brewer would also be a good fit for the Bulls because he plays good defense. I know that Gordon has problems with that.

I know your heart will tell you NO because you're all Gordon fans but please think of it objectively.

If Kris Humphries was still in Utah I'd tradefor him, but Boozer? Take the B and replace it with an L and thats what he is. If he was so good why did Cleveland let him go?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

If the Bulls wanted an ex Cavalier they would've probably made a stronger effort to get Drew Gooden. Sorry final.wrath your trade scenario doesn't look realistic, Ben Gordon is here to stay and P.J. Brown will most likely retire in Chicago.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
If Kris Humphries was still in Utah I'd tradefor him, but Boozer? Take the B and replace it with an L and thats what he is. If he was so good why did Cleveland let him go?

Boozer walked to utah after he verbally committed to cleveland. utah paid more. but yall don't need him. I actually agree with the chi fnas on this one. bad deal.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

This would have to be proven first and Brewer would have to prove something first for even consideration to take place. Trading two unknowns for one known is not part of Paxson's MO.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: