Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bale as Roland Deschain?

I've been reading several internet rumors that Christian Bale is set to star in J.J. Abrams adaptations of Stephen King's the Dark Tower book series. What do TDT fans think of that?

Personally, there isn't a better actor looks-wise, but how played out is Christian Bale right now?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bale as Roland Deschain?

I think it's weak sauce. **** Christian Bale. If they do a film adaptation of The Dark Tower, it doesn't need to be an ensemble cast full of big names and big paychecks, it should just focus on the story. I dunno how they'd do a movie anyways, it'd basically be like a week long. Can you imagine sitting through a one week long movie?
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone should do a remake of The Stand. That is and always will be King's best book (although IT is close because of the wtf factor).

I remember I rented the original version. It was something like four tapes long and I stopped midway through the second because it sucked so bad.

A real director with real actors would be cool.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think that Bale is old enough to play the role. He's only 35. Roland is a gunslinger through and through, but he was a bit creaky at times during the series, so I think a bit of an older actor would better fit the role.

I think a TV series would be better. What would they do for the big screen? It's an awful long series to try to fit into a few hours, and I don't think it would do the series justice to be skipping over major parts.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, aparently, It's not set in stone whether It's gonna be a tv mini-series, or film. The adaptation is obviously several years away, and as a fan of the series, I want it to be perfect. Call it my Twilight [puke], but what will Bale be like in 5 or 6 years? Will he care anymore? Just a pay-check actor like everyone else? What if It's a mini-series? Bale's not gonna do TV.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I don't think that Bale is old enough to play the role. He's only 35. Roland is a gunslinger through and through, but he was a bit creaky at times during the series, so I think a bit of an older actor would better fit the role.

It hasn't even been written yet. We won't see the first for at least 4 years.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why not get Burt Reynolds. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pete, did you resume reading the series yet?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Burt's gonna be dead by the time they start filming.

I just hope it isn't Russell Crowe. I'll literally f*cking puke.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Pete, did you resume reading the series yet?

Unfortunately, no. I'm still only 15 pages into the third book. One of these days, though. I swear.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

russel crowe is significantly better than bale.

the fact bale is in this doesnt matter, it looks like a good concept and as its abrams it will be more of a visual film anyway....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kurt Russell and his Snake Plisken voice > Christian Bale and his Batman voice.

"Sad story, got a smoke?"
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I hope this thread inspires me to pick up the damn book again.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #14
BRINKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've been reading several internet rumors that Christian Bale is set to star in J.J. Abrams adaptations of Stephen King's the Dark Tower book series. What do TDT fans think of that?

Personally, there isn't a better actor looks-wise, but how played out is Christian Bale right now?

seems like you always wait to gauge other people's opinions on movie stuff, then once you hear what others have said you repeat it, but even more forcefully and act like its your own original input.

whatdafuxupwitdat?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Hi Starface.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: