Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sixers Musts

This is an idiotic conversation and your statements are of the sky is blue variety. You want a cookie for that? We were discussing the Sixers. I mentioned that while I wouldn't want Thad Young to be dealt, no one in pro sports is untradeable. First one genius chimes in that LeBrton is untradeable, than another. Congratulations for your keen observation and reading comprehension skills. It must have been the same reading comprehension skills that led you to deduce that the Wizards offered Thibodeau a head coaching job last season while they already had a head coach in Jordan.

LeBron is not untradeable. Being untradeable means that it's impossible to trade a player genius. Every team in the league would make an offer if Cleveland made LeBron available. They aren't likely to do so, but again, if he tells them he intends to leave, they very much would try to get the best possible offer.

Learn how to read, and you will learn what it means that someone says no one is untradeable. You'll learn what it means the difference between a head coach and assistant coaching job offers. You'll learn what it means that someone is the least likely player to be traded. And you'll learn how to figure out the rest of the posts. But thanks for contributing your wisdom.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thibodeau was offered the assistant job and turned it down. That was my error in saying offered the HC job. You see when there is an error, a wrong I can admit and correct. No need for my pride to figure out a way to weasel out of a moral victory like some people.

You posted more nonsense.

Lebron James is untradable. That means he is not tradable. That means Clevland Cavs would not consider nor entertain ANY OFFERS. They would hang up the phone before the other team said "Just hear me out...". You're just upset that there is a player right now in the NBA that wont be traded.

Lebron James has 1 more NBA season before he can become a free agent in the 2010 offseason. The NBA trade deadline is sometime in Feb. Unsure the exact date but its Feb 2010. In the offseason and all thru next season before the TRADING DEADLINE ARRIVES. Clevland Cavs would NOT trade Lebron James. And Lebron James would NOT walk into Danny Ferry's office and say I WILL NOT RESIGN HIM IN 2010. Be it not, offseason or during the 2009-10 NBA season leading up to the TRADING DEADLINE.

You can ask the general bball board
You can ask the Clev Cavs forum
You can even email some nba sportswriter for espn (chad ford whomever).
You can even email a Philly sportswriter (Phil Jasner)

They all would tell you the same thing.

Lebron James is untradable. You can believe the nonsense you do all you want. You'll never see the Clevland Cavs trade him no time soon. Period.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

When I think of a player being untradeable, I think of a guy that the only way he'd be moved if the team is forced, too. Which is the situation that your presented. So to me yes, Lebron is untradeable, because there is no way on Earth the Cavs would move Lebron, unless he forced them to.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce34
When I think of a player being untradeable, I think of a guy that the only way he'd be moved if the team is forced, too. Which is the situation that your presented. So to me yes, Lebron is untradeable, because there is no way on Earth the Cavs would move Lebron, unless he forced them to.

Exactly. And i cant see a scenerio next season in 2009-10 where Lebron James asks/demands a trade. What reasoning could he realistically give Danny Ferry when demanding to be trading at the deadline?

"I'm not going to resign with the Cavs after this season so trade me now and get something. Or lose me for nothing"

Thats the only thing i can think of and when reading it? It comes across unreal. What else is there? Clevland will be winning games next season as this offseason/draft they continue to add to the title contending Cavs team. And this postseason hasnt played out which could even make my question even more strong. for example if Clevland wins an NBA title. WHAT ON EARTH DOES LEBRON SAY TO DANNY FERRY BEFORE NEXT YEARS TRADE DEADLINE?

"I demand to be traded because i will not resign here"

Why?

"Good question. I just want to go to a big market like NY"

And then Clevland trades Bron. That sounds moronic.

Bron is arguably the best player in the NBA. He's young as hell. He is a cash cow for a franchise and city. He is the leagues MVP. Right now he is untradeable. Period. Some fans cant swallow it. I'll be here this time next year when Lebron is still a Cav. Sadly they will continue to say he is tradeable.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #20
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Again, what part about LeBron is the least likely player in the NBA to be traded, but he's a free agent after 2010 and has refused to sign a long term deal while expressing desire to play in New York, hence if Cleveland has issues with winning, there is a possibility he forces their hand and tells them he's leaving at end of 2010 isn't clear? This is a stupid argument because you like to think that you know exactly what LeBron and Cleveland will do, but no one knows that with the possible exception of LeBron and his family and agent - and even they might not know yet. The probability is low, but he's not untradeable because he doesn't have a long term contract and he will be a free agent after next season unless something changes. Hence, it's possible that he forces their hand and forces a trade. By your logic, Dwight Howard is untradeable - there is no way or reason Orlando trades him within the next year. Chris Paul is untradeable. Kobe Bryant is untradeable. Yao Ming is untradeable. Deron Williams is untradeable. Devin Harris is untradeable. Derrick Rose is untradeable. Danny Granger is untradeable. Tim Duncan is untradeable. Tony Parker is untradeable. Carmelo Anthony is untradeable. Dwayne Wade is untradeable. There are a whole bunch of untradeable players in the NBA because they are highly unlikely to be traded. By that logic, I agree - there are many untradeable players in the NBA and probably a few on the Sixers, including Brand.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

He's never made it clear he wants to play in NY.

Quote:
probably a few on the Sixers, including Brand.

Yes and Brand is because of his contract not so much as a player. His untradeable status gets removed when he is an expirer and if at that time is still productive.

A guy like Dwight Howard would be untradeable. Orlando has no intention on getting rid of thier young domninant big man. Chris Paul is untradeable because they have no intention of getting rid of him. The scenerio that "What if they demand a trade and force thier hand? Then its possible they end up traded therefore they are no longer untradeable". So many variables to factor that its hard to gauge. Its likely that they could and end up traded. Also likely that they could and end up on the team.

Your whole argument is a scenerio where Lebron makes it known he will not resign and forces Clevland hand to lose him in FA (since he made it clear his intentions) and get something for him of value as opposed to nothing. To me that scenerio just isnt likely or possible hence why i feel he is untradeable.

I dont think Clevland would even want to trade him given Bron reply (to play elsewhere in 2010)
I dont think Lebron James would even do that. Tell Clev his intentions b4 trade deadline thus forcing Clev's hand.

Thats why I'm not even budging on this issue because its not possible. You think there is a slight possibility it could happen and that slight possibility is what eliminates the word untradeable from your vocab. I just think thats silly.

Agree to disagree because you are a Sixers fan and i dont like going back and forth with a fellow Sixers fan. Another fan I'd do it all day til they said uncle. Sixers fan is kinda pointless when the topic is about Bron and if he is untradeable and/or is there such a thing as an untradeable player in the NBA.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

There is no argument. I merely stated that no one in sports is untradeable. The best players in history of the game outside the NFL have been traded in every sport - Gretzky in hockey, Wilt and Kareem (before Jordan came along) in basketball (and even Jordan switched teams), any number of Hall of Famers in baseball. Pele was traded in soccer. This has nothing to do with how likely or probably players are to be traded. There are a larger number of guys in the NBA who will not be traded - most of them. That's not an argument. They are still tradeable in theory, no matter how unlikely they are to be moved. Don't be so presumptions as to know what every team will do with every player. Any number of guys who weren't expected to be moved in the past 10 years ended up being traded. After the Lakers won their 2nd title, you would have said Shaq is untradeable and two years later he was gone. I'm not even sure what we're arguing about. We both know LeBron will not be traded unless a very unlikely scenario develops (he did profess his love for NYC by the way - although obviously he never said he wants to play there - just that he loves the city) - so the argument is whether there are untradeable guys in the NBA - meaning that no matter what happens, they will absolutely 100% will not be traded and everyone can guarantee that to be the case with absolute certainty. I clearly don't think that's possible, you think it is. We'll leave it at that.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
ppierce34

Gretzky got traded because the owner was running out of money. Kareem asked to be traded. Shaq and Kobe pretty much forced the Shaq trade.

Again, you are bringing up circumstances that went beyond the game, money, personnel, or player forcing the trade. My idea of untradeable, again is in respect to a team calling say Cleveland and asking about Lebron in a trade, Cavs aren't listening and you know it. Only way he is going is if he forces it to happen(demanding a trade, banging owners wife, etc.). So to me that is an untradeable player.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #24
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Except LeBron is a free agent after 2010 and he refused a long term extension, and he is carrying his team that keeps under performing, and he expressed interest in New York, and he can make a lot more money there, and he very well might refuse to sign an extension or let them know next season that he will be leaving at the end of the year.

Your definition of an untradeable player is different from the actual English language definition of an untradeable player. LeBron can force a trade. Just like Shaq/Kobe situation forced a trade. That doesn't mean it's likely to happen, it just doesn't mean he's untradeable. Your opinion of what a word means doesn't comport with what it actually means. That's where you struggle - the factual part. The opinion part you're doing great on - except everyone has one of those. There is only one common sense definition however.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
ppierce34

It's semantics in regards to what untradeable means. The word untradeable doesn't exist by your definition. I think it means a team will not trade him, unless they are forced(Shaq, Kareem). If you call the Cavs and propose a trade for Lebron, they hang up. Same with Dwight. To me that's untradeable, by your standards, the word untradeable just doesn't exist.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

No, untradeable means that it's not possible to trade a player. Anyone can be traded. You're opining that a team under no circumstances will never trade someone, but unless you have a crystal ball, that opinion is just that. Everyone has one and no one is untradeable.

You call Cleveland next season after LeBron publicly demands a trade and they see what the best offer out there is. Same with Orlando. If they wanted to, they could trade them. Untradeable is a player whom you can't trade even if you want to.

A guy you don't want to trade is not untradeable. It just means you don't want to trade him. By that logic, 98% of NBA players are untradeable because guess what, they won't be traded next season. All this fantasy world of "if someone calls" is just that. If you're going by will they or will they not be traded, than statistically speaking, 98% will not and are thus untradeable.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
ppierce34

Quote:
Untradeable is a player whom you can't trade even if you want to.

Again, semantics. To you, the word untradeable doesn't exist, because by your definition any player can be traded. Others have a different definition. Accept it.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #28
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

LeBron is really untradeable since you know with 100% certainty he will resign with Cleveland and won't force their hand. I'm not so 100% sure as you are since I don't know, so to me - in light of their playoff performance, their lack of other good players, the age of other players on that team, size of their market, his affinity for NYC, etc., I'll continue to say he's tradeable in theory, just like everyone else in the NBA, even though he's the least likely player to actually be traded. There are circumstances out there, your personal opinion notwithstanding, where Clevland would trade LeBron.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #29
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
LeBron is really untradeable since you know with 100% certainty he will resign with Cleveland and won't force their hand. I'm not so 100% sure as you are since I don't know, so to me - in light of their playoff performance, their lack of other good players, the age of other players on that team, size of their market, his affinity for NYC, etc., I'll continue to say he's tradeable in theory, just like everyone else in the NBA, even though he's the least likely player to actually be traded. There are circumstances out there, your personal opinion notwithstanding, where Clevland would trade LeBron.

would you trade lebron, paul, or howard??? what could you possibly get.......that would even resemble equal value...a really bad trade, draft picks, and cap space? To me that is untradeable as it is a step backwards since when did trading a top 5 franchise player for spare parts equal not fired in the NBA. even with your circumstances it still is a really bad "horrorawful" idea (props to shaq for that word)
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #30
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

This thread is the ultimate example of internet *********gery (I love that word).

This started as a thread about what the Sixers should do. Someone suggested a possible trade of Thad Young. I mentioned that while no one is untradeable, I would rather not move Young unless it's a total blockbuster coup of a deal for the Sixers.

Since that time, due to the dochebaggery of a few posters, this has develoved into a totally idiotic dicussion whether or not LeBron is untradeable or whether or not it's a good idea to trade super stars (it's not by the way).

So I'll go ahead and stop posting in this thread since the *********gery of a few pompous internet d-bags completely destroyed what started out as a thread that was supposed to be between fellow Sixer fans on what the team must accomplish this summer in order to move forward.

Thanks everyone for your brilliant contributions toward that discussion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: