Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,090
Default Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

It's always fun to check these a year later and see how far off you were.
  1. John Wall (Kentucky)
  2. Greg Monroe (Georgetown)
  3. Derrick Favors (Georgia Tech)
  4. Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
  5. Donatas Motiejunas (Treviso)
  6. Cole Aldrich (Kansas)
  7. Evan Turner (Ohio State)
  8. Ed Davis (North Carolina)
  9. Al-Farouq Aminu (Wake Forest)
  10. John Henson (North Carolina)
  11. DeMarcus Cousins (Kentucky)
  12. Avery Bradley (Texas)
  13. Patrick Patterson (Kentucky)
  14. Stanley Robinson (Connecticut)
  15. James Anderson (Oklahoma State)
  16. Craig Brackins (Iowa State)
  17. Devin Ebanks (West Virginia)
  18. Trevor Booker (Clemson)
  19. Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas)
  20. Larry Sanders (Virginia Commonwealth)
  21. Jarvis Varnado (Mississippi State)
  22. Xavier Henry (Kansas)
  23. Jan Vesely (Partizan)
  24. Manny Harris (Michigan)
  25. Michael Washington (Arkansas)
  26. JaJuan Johnson (Purdue)
  27. Kyle Singler (Duke)
  28. Gani Lawal (Georgia Tech)
  29. Alexey Shved (CSKA)
  30. Solomon Alabi (Florida State)
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,722
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Moteijunas will be a top 2 pick

Why do you and so many really think aldrich is a single digit pick- I agree that he may be an nba player, but in no way is he a top 5-10 pick

Singler will move up

Can't wait to see all of the freshman to get a better idea- is favors a 3 in the nba? Will bradley play pg for texas? Which nc frontcourt players step up the biggest(does unc have a second year freshman pf from 2 years ago mcdonalds game)?

Avery bradley (though you already have him high) and malcom lee have the most potential as gaurds to move into top 10 picks

Willie warren is a tough one too- there's a good chance gallon is a dominant player and the key to that team- where's gallon, and can it be warrens team? How is his draft stock effected if he's option 2

Last edited by el gringos : 08-19-2009 at 05:12 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,862
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I don't think Henson is one and done. Stanley Robinson has the potential to be a lottery pick, but he hasn't shown that he can put it all together at the same time to warrant you placing him in the top 14.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I don't think Henson is one and done. Stanley Robinson has the potential to be a lottery pick, but he hasn't shown that he can put it all together at the same time to warrant you placing him in the top 14.
Henson could very well be a One & Done, he has a high NBA ceiling but he needs to be productive this season.

He could sneak up and have a 12/8/2 season and end up a Lottery Pick.

That Mock is way off base, Lance Stephenson & Renardo Sidney are Lottery Picks at worst.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,090
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Henson could very well be a One & Done, he has a high NBA ceiling but he needs to be productive this season.

He could sneak up and have a 12/8/2 season and end up a Lottery Pick.

That Mock is way off base, Lance Stephenson & Renardo Sidney are Lottery Picks at worst.

There's a good chance Sidney doesn't even get to play next season and he won't get any playing time/contract on a good European team along with the fact that he's fairly overweight and his attitude towards the game and his teammates is constantly under scrutiny. No way he's a lottery pick unless he clears eligibility and has a monster freshman campaign at Miss. St.

Stephenson won't be a lottery pick, he'll be option 1B alongside Yancy Gates at Cincy anyway + the fact that he'll be going against some really good guards in the Big East.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Henson could very well be a One & Done, he has a high NBA ceiling but he needs to be productive this season.

He could sneak up and have a 12/8/2 season and end up a Lottery Pick.

That Mock is way off base, Lance Stephenson & Renardo Sidney are Lottery Picks at worst.
What the hell are you basing that on? Both of those guys are mid first rounders at best if they declare for the 2010 draft, and that's only if they have monsterous freshman seasons.

They both have reps as immature knuckleheads, Sidney is fat going on obese, Stephenson is known as a ball-hog and is still facing criminal charges. Their stocks have fallen over the past couple years, and they will have to perform at the college level if they want to raise their stocks enough to be first round picks in the NBA draft, let alone lottery picks. This will probably take more than one college season for either of them.

If they prove me wrong, good for them. But for now, they are late first-round/early second round on any semi-credible 2010 mock draft.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 08-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,862
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Henson could very well be a One & Done, he has a high NBA ceiling but he needs to be productive this season.
I don't question his ability, its just that UNC has 5 PFs on the roster. Playing time will likely be limited.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I think Henson will be making a giant mistake if he's one and done. UNC is stacked with big men and he's a STICK, I don't think a year is enough to muscle up for the NBA. He's built like Anthony Randolph Extra Lite.

Stephenson is too reliant on his strength from what I've read and has been struggling more against the developed competition.

I think Singler should be a good bit higher, he'll be a huge steal in my opinion that low.

Warren's draft stock will depend on his ability to run point.
Isn't Bradley an undersized 2 guard? I think he's a bit high too, I only see him around your projected pick if he shows to be an effective 1.
Trevor Booker is a midget and I think Ebanks will a lottery pick once he showcases his stuff this year at WVU.

I'm looking at your mock and I don't see much star talent/potential to be stars from picks 5ish+. Some good starters and role players, with the top 3/4ish picks or so being almost guaranteed talent.

If I was around 8-12, I'd take a risk and take someone like James Anderson, Ebanks, Aminu. Pure studs in my opinion. I also think with a mid 10's pick, I'd take Harris. 6'5'' and can play point.

Renardo Sidney's an overweight pig. He might do well in college, but he better shed some pounds and take intelligence pills if he wants to do well in the NBA.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What the hell are you basing that on? Both of those guys are mid first rounders at best if they declare for the 2010 draft, and that's only if they have monsterous freshman seasons.
Talent, and if they declare they are at best Lottery Draft Picks.

Quote:
They both have reps as immature knuckleheads, Sidney is fat going on obese, Stephenson is known as a ball-hog and is still facing criminal charges.
Sidney has lost weight once again, and Lance Stephenson had his case settled about 2 months ago.

Quote:
Their stocks have fallen over the past couple years, and they will have to perform at the college level if they want to raise their stocks enough to be first round picks in the NBA draft, let alone lottery picks. This will probably take more than one college season for either of them.


Thats ridiculous, we're talking about game changing talents in both players. Their stocks dropped due to their status as recruits, there were questions about eligibility that affected their rankings. Stephenson is the #1 ranked SF in the country, and Sidney is the #2 ranked PF in the country. Both are at schools that will focus around their abilities, and both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly. Lance Stephenson is a "Playground" Paul Pierce type of player, and Renardo Sidney is the most skilled big man to come out of HS in years. I have enough reason to believe both will be Lottery Picks.

Quote:
If they prove me wrong, good for them. But for now, they are late first-round/early second round on any semi-credible 2010 mock draft.
For now?

Its August, the Draft is in June. These rankings are stupid currently if you're passing them off as fact now. Everything is speculation until June.

Tyreke Evans wasnt even considered a Top 20 pick at this point in 2008, I was one of the few who even argued with idiots that he could be a Lottery Pick with an impressive season. My opinion only changed when he was productive in the middle of the season but his stock never changed even with an impressive season, it wasnt until the workouts his stock rose.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I think Henson will be making a giant mistake if he's one and done. UNC is stacked with big men and he's a STICK, I don't think a year is enough to muscle up for the NBA. He's built like Anthony Randolph Extra Lite.
Hes built like Bosh basically, ranked similarly to Bosh and has a similar skill set as Bosh did coming out. Henson has an opportunity to become their leading scorer next season, and be a factor on offense because Ed Davis isn't a skilled offensive player at this point. Hes all potential to become one in the future in the NBA.

Quote:
Stephenson is too reliant on his strength from what I've read and has been struggling more against the developed competition.
Stephenson struggles because hes double & triple teamed in AAU ball playing for an AAU team built around him with lesser talent and at Lincoln where the team is built around him with lesser talent, he also played PF a lot the past 2 seasons. If you actually watched him play, you'd realize why he sometimes struggled. He has a great handle and can use his strength to finish at the basket, upon entering the NBA he will challenge Dwyane Wade in terms of strongest wing players in the NBA. His pull up from the top of the key however is his best shot on the court.

Quote:
I think Singler should be a good bit higher, he'll be a huge steal in my opinion that low.
Singler is too slow to be a SF in the NBA, and too undersized to be a PF in the NBA. Hes a tweener with a versatile offensive game, but I dont see him going Lottery or late teens unless he has a huge season at Duke that carries into the Tournament.

Quote:
Warren's draft stock will depend on his ability to run point.
It wont be this season, Mason G will be at PG from the beginning this season. Warren has to show he can be a consistent scorer, instead of disappearing some games. He reminds me a lot of Eric Gordon, but he needs to be as productive as Eric Gordon was in college.



Quote:
Isn't Bradley an undersized 2 guard? I think he's a bit high too, I only see him around your projected pick if he shows to be an effective 1.
Avery Bradley is a Mid 1st Rounder, he will likely be the 2nd CG to be Drafted. I've seen this kid twice,and read reviews on his other AAU performances and he seems to be too much of a tweener. Some team will draft him with the intention of developing his PG skills, but he'll stay on the court for his defense. Texas fans seem to think he can average 3 SPG this season.

Quote:
Trevor Booker is a midget and I think Ebanks will a lottery pick once he showcases his stuff this year at WVU.
Booker isnt a 1st Round talent IMO, and Ebanks is too mentally weak to finally put it together. We've been hearing about his potential for too long, hes one of the most unspectacular, unimpactful, and overrated players in a long time. I've played against this dude, he is not NBA talent IMO. He'll get his chance in the NBA based on potential to be better when coached.


Quote:
I'm looking at your mock and I don't see much star talent/potential to be stars from picks 5ish+. Some good starters and role players, with the top 3/4ish picks or so being almost guaranteed talent.
2010 Draft doesn't have the previously big names of the 2003 or 2008 NBA Draft but I think it will be the deepest Draft in NBA History(depending on if a lot of the guys declare)

Quote:
If I was around 8-12, I'd take a risk and take someone like James Anderson, Ebanks, Aminu. Pure studs in my opinion. I also think with a mid 10's pick, I'd take Harris. 6'5'' and can play point.
Anderson is a good pick, he just needs to take over in terms of a leadership standpoint at OK State. Manny Harris is a sleeper, but I dont think he is a NBA PG.

Quote:
Renardo Sidney's an overweight pig. He might do well in college, but he better shed some pounds and take intelligence pills if he wants to do well in the NBA.
Sidney's weight fluctuates, and hes not the most amazing athlete but his skill level is amazing. On the court hes basically Kevin Love with potential to be better, I think his ceiling as a player is post-knee surgery Webber where he learned how to position himself well and find teammates with his back to the basket. A skill Sidney already has, just needs to learn positioning in a NBA scheme. And Sidney has 3 PT range, he sometimes relies on it too much.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I am seriously surprised nobody on this site realizes how good Kenneth Farried is, he potentially is the Next Dennis Rodman.

Whenever a Morehead State game is on your cable channel, order it. You wont be disappointed watching the rebound and intensity show that Kenneth Farried is all about.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,277
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

JaJaun Johnson's in, I approve. Even if I want him to be a 4 year player.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,090
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I am seriously surprised nobody on this site realizes how good Kenneth Farried is, he potentially is the Next Dennis Rodman.

Whenever a Morehead State game is on your cable channel, order it. You wont be disappointed watching the rebound and intensity show that Kenneth Farried is all about.

I actually had Faried on here initially and then took him off, I think scouts will question his level of competition and he's obviously undersized. I don't doubt he can be a solid NBA player though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Moteijunas will be a top 2 pick

Why do you and so many really think aldrich is a single digit pick- I agree that he may be an nba player, but in no way is he a top 5-10 pick

Singler will move up

Can't wait to see all of the freshman to get a better idea- is favors a 3 in the nba? Will bradley play pg for texas? Which nc frontcourt players step up the biggest(does unc have a second year freshman pf from 2 years ago mcdonalds game)?

Avery bradley (though you already have him high) and malcom lee have the most potential as gaurds to move into top 10 picks

Willie warren is a tough one too- there's a good chance gallon is a dominant player and the key to that team- where's gallon, and can it be warrens team? How is his draft stock effected if he's option 2


Motiejunas has skills but there's more talented players in this draft. He may be a 7 footer, but his wingspan is 6'11" and that's a huge disadvantage in the NBA defensively.

Aldrich has shown he can be productive on a good college team, he'll likely be the number 1 or 2 option on a national championship team, has a sweet jumper, and he's got a 7'6" wingspan with the ability to become a defensive force.

I'm not sure if Gallon will be a one and done and his weight issues are always a factor, but if he has a productive season, he could very well be a first rounder. I'm pretty sure Mason-Griffin will be the primary playmaker for Oklahoma, but Warren will be a big time scorer and definitely has Ben Gordon potential, that alone warrents a top 5 pick IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I don't think Henson is one and done. Stanley Robinson has the potential to be a lottery pick, but he hasn't shown that he can put it all together at the same time to warrant you placing him in the top 14.


I think Robinson is going to have a breakout season this year, while he's an upperclassmen, he seems to be a late bloomer. You can't pass on a 6'9" wing prospect with his defensive skills and athleticism provided he has a productive senior season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I don't question his ability, its just that UNC has 5 PFs on the roster. Playing time will likely be limited.


Williams has said that he'll be running Henson at the 3 alongside Thompson and Davis as well as backing up the 4. I doubt the Wear twins get much playing time this year and Henson should see plenty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I think Henson will be making a giant mistake if he's one and done. UNC is stacked with big men and he's a STICK, I don't think a year is enough to muscle up for the NBA. He's built like Anthony Randolph Extra Lite.

Stephenson is too reliant on his strength from what I've read and has been struggling more against the developed competition.

I think Singler should be a good bit higher, he'll be a huge steal in my opinion that low.

Warren's draft stock will depend on his ability to run point.
Isn't Bradley an undersized 2 guard? I think he's a bit high too, I only see him around your projected pick if he shows to be an effective 1.
Trevor Booker is a midget and I think Ebanks will a lottery pick once he showcases his stuff this year at WVU.

I'm looking at your mock and I don't see much star talent/potential to be stars from picks 5ish+. Some good starters and role players, with the top 3/4ish picks or so being almost guaranteed talent.

If I was around 8-12, I'd take a risk and take someone like James Anderson, Ebanks, Aminu. Pure studs in my opinion. I also think with a mid 10's pick, I'd take Harris. 6'5'' and can play point.

Renardo Sidney's an overweight pig. He might do well in college, but he better shed some pounds and take intelligence pills if he wants to do well in the NBA.


Being ultra skinny seems to not be bothering scouts much nowadays, especially considering the success of Tayshaun Prince, Chris Bosh, Kevin Durant, and soon Anthony Randolph. From what I've seen of Henson in various games, I've been very impressed.

Singler is a big question mark, could go anywhere from late lottery to early second round.

Bradley is going to be a big time two way player and I think he makes up for being undersized at the two with his elite athleticism and incredible defensive ability. I think he'll surprise a lot of people and could go top 8.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,090
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Tyreke Evans wasnt even considered a Top 20 pick at this point in 2008, I was one of the few who even argued with idiots that he could be a Lottery Pick with an impressive season. My opinion only changed when he was productive in the middle of the season but his stock never changed even with an impressive season, it wasnt until the workouts his stock rose.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125766

I was probably the only guy on here that said Tyreke could crack the top 5 and was a certain top 10 pick early in 09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Nonsense, he can create his shot better than anyone in the college game, especially at his age level. He has no problems getting into the lane and already has an NBA ready body and strength to absorb contact and finish.

This guy is going to be a stud in the league, and if he doesn't go top 10, a lot of teams will regret not drafting him in a few years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The buzz I've been hearing from a lot of scouts is that a deep run in the tournament with a solid performance from Tyreke could push him as far as the top 5. Same goes for Willie Warren of Oklahoma.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
No it wont.

Tyreke isn't going Top 10 no matter what,the highest is Late Lottery considering he was considered to go between 20-25 in most Mock Drafts

Willie Warren is pushing into the Top 10, but that bull**** about Tyreke isnt true.


Not trying to rub it in your face or anything, but you gotta give me props on that one and admit you were wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Booker isnt a 1st Round talent IMO, and Ebanks is too mentally weak to finally put it together. We've been hearing about his potential for too long, hes one of the most unspectacular, unimpactful, and overrated players in a long time. I've played against this dude, he is not NBA talent IMO. He'll get his chance in the NBA based on potential to be better when coached.



2010 Draft doesn't have the previously big names of the 2003 or 2008 NBA Draft but I think it will be the deepest Draft in NBA History(depending on if a lot of the guys declare)


Anderson is a good pick, he just needs to take over in terms of a leadership standpoint at OK State. Manny Harris is a sleeper, but I dont think he is a NBA PG.


The success of tank-ish undersized 4s like Powe, Bass, Maxiell, Craig Smith should help Booker find his way into the first round.

Ebanks has lottery talent, he's not gonna get there, but he'll get drafted on his potential in the first round if nothing else.

Agreed on the depth of this draft.

Manny Harris is going to be steal for whoever drafts him in the late first round.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I wasn't wrong about Tyreke, his stock skyrocketed weeks before the Draft. That post I made was during the Tournament, the following day against Mizzou is when everyone began to take notice of Tyreke.

He wasnt even 100% sure about his stock, which is a reason why he held off on hiring an agent. He became a Lottery Lock after a few workouts, then hired an agent.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy