Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #256
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 13: Mavericks at Nuggets Game 5 (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Congrats to the Nuggets. You had the better team without a doubt. Good depth and balance. You're going to be making some noise for a while.

Nice to see there are good hearted Mavs fans out there. Hope you guys can find the right pieces to fit with Dirk, he is just a beast. Dirk is one of the few guys over 7ft that can shoot.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #257
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Even though I hate to admit it, yall really were the better team. You werent gonna catch me saying it before or during the series but I'll say it now.

Dirk was the best player of the series though.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #258
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

I could agree with that.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #259
BirdNasty
I brick open layups

BirdNasty has an OK reputation so far

[quote=Hawker]Even though I hate to admit it, yall really were the better team. You werent gonna catch me saying it before or during the series but I'll say it now.

Dirk was the best player of the series though.[/QUOTE]

I would have to say Melo
BirdNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #260
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

[quote=BirdNasty]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Even though I hate to admit it, yall really were the better team. You werent gonna catch me saying it before or during the series but I'll say it now.

Dirk was the best player of the series though.[/QUOTE]

I would have to say Melo

Then you'd be wrong.

Look at the stats. You threw everything you could at Dirk and couldnt stop him. Dirk was the main reason why the mavericks were ever in it. Melo had teammates that were actually good and could get points and free throws.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #261
greensborohill
High School Varsity 6th Man

greensborohill has decent reputation

Denver is the better team.
greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #262
Arti
I hit open layups

Arti has an OK reputation so far

Congratulations Denver. As a Mavs fan, I will echo the sentiment that you were just plain better than we were...I actually like the Nuggets a lot, and I'll be rooting for them to beat whoever comes out of LA/Houston. Melo is really coming into his own, and Birdman is one of my favorite players.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #263
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

[quote=Hawker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdNasty

Then you'd be wrong.

Look at the stats. You threw everything you could at Dirk and couldnt stop him. Dirk was the main reason why the mavericks were ever in it. Melo had teammates that were actually good and could get points and free throws.

They didn't really throw everything at Dirk. They single covered him and switched every p & r and some players like Dirk/Melo just can't be single covered. We went as far as to let Dirk back down the likes of DJ or Billups all the way under the basket and didn't send help. I think it hurt our defense a bit, but the gameplan was to make him work for everything and not let any other teammates go off, and our firepower would win in the end.

But can't deny that Dirk definitely did his job
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #264
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Dirk was the main reason why the mavericks were ever in it.

When were the Mavs ever in it? They lost 4-1, 3 of the losses being by a pretty large margin. Nuggets were one choked lead away from sweeping your boys.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #265
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why is this thread still a sticky?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #266
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
When were the Mavs ever in it? They lost 4-1, 3 of the losses being by a pretty large margin. Nuggets were one choked lead away from sweeping your boys.

Your boys were one botched call from bein 2-2 with the Mavs and possibly losing the series in the process.

Denver deserved the win, but Dirk was the only reason Dallas even had a chance to win in games 3 and 4.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #267
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Your boys were one botched call from bein 2-2 with the Mavs and possibly losing the series in the process.

Denver deserved the win, but Dirk was the only reason Dallas even had a chance to win in games 3 and 4.
If Denver lost game 3, whose to say they wouldn't win game 4? Your presumptuous "what if" logic may work for the dumber people here, but I'm not falling for it.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #268
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
If Denver lost game 3, whose to say they wouldn't win game 4? Your presumptuous "what if" logic may work for the dumber people here, but I'm not falling for it.

So in your opinion a Mavs win in game 3 wouldn't have changed the series outcome drastically? Of course no one knows if the Nuggets would't still have won in 5 games, they were the better team IMO after all.
I was just making the point that the Mavs were very well in this series, mainly due to Dirk.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #269
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Why is this thread still a sticky?
i was just thinking this
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: