Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #46
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 2009 All-NBA teams are official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
So CP3 put up the seconds highest PER of all time and it's still not enough to make first team? Damn...what does a guy have to do?

Chris had the third highest PER this year he should have been first team but wade had a higher Per and KObe played on the best team in the west.. Both deserved their first team selections..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #47
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #48
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.

Hopefully this kid gets to play with another superstar at one point.. He can be a great one... Portland needs a great big... At this point I don't think Oden is that player... He will be ok though..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #49
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #50
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

real all-nba teams:

1st
C dwight howard
F lebron james
F dirk nowtizki
G chris paul
G dwyane wade

2nd
C pau gasol
F andre iguodala
F paul pierce
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

3rd
C tim duncan
F lamarcus aldridge
F lamar odom
G jason kidd
G brandon roy
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #51
Thechosen1
Good High School Starter

Thechosen1 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Win games.

lmao ok dwade
Thechosen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #52
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

wow, Im shocked CP3 didn't make the first team.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
JohnRuck
Just Say Yes

JohnRuck has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Win games.

im pretty sure they won more games than lost and made the playoffs with a team that was injury plaqued all year.
so yea

correct me if i'm wrong.

cp3 got ripped off because he deserved first team more than anyone on that list except lebron.

22.9 ppg - 8th in the league
11.0 assists per game - led the league
2.8 steals per game - led the league
5.5 rebounds per game
JohnRuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #54
Bodhi
Local High School Star

Bodhi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...

Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #55
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

magiŠ is considered somewhat coolmagiŠ is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
real all-nba teams:

1st
C dwight howard
F lebron james
F dirk nowtizki
G chris paul
G dwyane wade

2nd
C pau gasol
F andre iguodala
F paul pierce
G kobe bryant
G rajon rondo

3rd
C tim duncan
F lamarcus aldridge
F lamar odom
G jason kidd
G brandon roy

Absolute trash of a list.
magiŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #56
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.

I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #57
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.

And who will stop the 1st team forwards?
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #58
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
And who will stop the 1st team forwards?

Well it's not like Duncan would be chopped liver or anything. I mean, lets not pretend he was anywhere close to 100% these playoffs.

I don't think there would be any stopping Lebron. You'd have to trap and push out beyond the 3 with Lebron and let Yao and Duncan mop up.

And lets not act like I just said the 2nd team would be favored or anything.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #59
jacqe_dee
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jacqe_dee has an OK reputation so far

Good for Roy, i think he's the 7th best player, leading that Blazers to the 1st PO in many years, he should be fine the next year if Aldrige and oden improve their game..
jacqe_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #60
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

And the most underrated player of the year goes to...Deron Williams!

Congrats elite point guard, you get to sit at home for all star games and award ceremonies, despite your constant performance which illustrates that you are similar to the best point in the league/MVP candidate.

This is the last straw. I will never accept team selections as a historical argument for player A being better than player B. MVP awards are well tainted as well. Basically, I don't care what media votes or NBA awards were given to anyone, ever. I'm not listening to that trash anymore. In fact, we should make a list of the greatest travesties in NBA awards and honors, just so we have a library to reference when we encounter these bad historical arguments.

1. Steve Nash MVPs
2. Shaq's number of MVPs

Please, add to the list. Let's make this an airtight case to blow off every award argument for player X. Think back to all star snubs, all nba team mishaps, mvps, finals mvps, anything you can think of.

4. Jerry Sloan 0 COY awards.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: