Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Lost Season 5 Finale

Holy Fucking Shit
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
ZeN
§

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lost Season 5 Finale

meaning?... no spoilers please..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

DreamShake34 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Holy Fucking Shit
+1
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Another great finale that leaves us hungry for more, knowing we'll have to wait months.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
ZeN
§

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Another great finale that leaves us hungry for more, knowing we'll have to wait months.

Fantastic
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

DreamShake34 has no real reputation yet.

I still don't understand why they insist on limiting us to one season a year.
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was definitely better than last season's finale and almost as good as Season 3's finale which is one of the greatest of all time.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
That was definitely better than last season's finale and almost as good as Season 3's finale which is one of the greatest of all time.

Agreed.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

****SPOILER****

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I F*CKING LOVE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST TV SHOW ON TV EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Questions...

Is that Lock or not?

What happen after the nuke blew up do they go back in time again?

Who the heck is Jacob?

Is Ben still manipulating everyone you think?

How is Richard still looking for young?

Man...so many more questions I can't wait till next season!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great finale. Season 5 was overall weak compared to the previous seasons so this helped.

- So everyone that is/was on the island, are they just pawns for this apparent good vs evil battle between Jacob and the other guy on the beach at the start of the episode? That would be a bit of a shame to know that all the characters we've been following have possibly such a limited significance now.

- The "present" stuff with fake-Locke, Alpert and Ben was great. It really ties in to a lot of the themes introduced all the way back in even the first episode of the show. The "light vs dark" sides in the ancient game of backgammon, Locke's strong faith and apparent manipulation by both sides, and more recently Ben being manipulated by fake-Locke (the other guy on the beach? the smoke monster? same thing?).

- The "past" stuff was exciting but does any of it really matter? I was hoping for a bit more of a connection between the two time periods but that might come in season 6 when we discover the aftermath of the incident. I hope the Dharma stuff isn't just showing us what happened since we pretty much know the major details already.

- I'm glad they toned down the "cliffhanger scenes" for the finale. It seemed like in every episode of season 5, each segment would end with a "no Luke, I am your father" moment before commercial breaks with the dramatic music blasting us. Ok, I get it. No need to hit me over the head with a hammer every time.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
UDøNIS

Spoilers. Don't cry if I ruin anything, your fault for opening this thread.

My mind is officially blown.

That was a helluva finale. I have to admit that at points in it I was a bit upset over the random changes of heart that Kate / Juliet displayed during the episode, but I guess I can look past it. The shootouts in Lost are so cheesy, lol.

My hypothesis about the explosion is simply that it will put everything back in the sense that now our characters in the past will be back to current time. There's obviously nothing left for them in the 70's and Juliet basically made the sacrifice for the rest of them.

The fake Locke thing is super interesting. Essentially, the Locke that we've seen is that guy we saw at the beginning who wanted to take out Jacob? It's sad that he's dead just after we get to meet him, seemed like a dope character (though I'm sure we'll see lots of flashbacks).

On that note, I wonder why Jacob responded the way he did to Ben's questioning. He knew what "Locke" had told him to do, so why would he spur him to violence instead of assuaging him? That part didn't really make sense to me.

Also interesting, is it seems that these two immortals (Jacob and the guy who took over Locke now?) have some internal feuding going on, but also have a mutual enemy. Hence, when Jacob says that "they're coming," he was shocked as well. The "they" SHOULD be someone we've been introduced to...right? Who could it be?

Where does Widmore fit into all of this?

What in the hell is going on now?!

Sick finale, but goddamn I'm confused, lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

I hope they finally answer questions in the final season...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 AM   #13
ZeN
§

I f*cking love LOST...

but I HATE the damn wait...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:18 AM   #14
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Anyway, to the theory: I read a lot about the wohle time travel issues on this forum (WHH, Incident, changing the future, etc.) while the other, rather "supernatural" than "sci-fi" aspect of the show seems to be a little forgotten at the moment. Thats why I want to throw in this little theory:

Anybody else remembering Stephen King's novel "Pet Sematary"? I'm not sure if I recall this correct, but I think the producers of LOST already acknowledged some influences of this book on the TV Show.

If you ever read it, you know that in the novel dead people get buried at an old holy indian ground. By some mysterious force they are able to resurrect shortly after and allowed to be alive again, but their (friendly) characters have ultimately changed into evil & sinister. They raise havoc against everybody in their way, killing and attacking the innocent heroes of the book.

When you look at Season 5, "Dead Bodies" and their impact on the island were a hidden subplot in several episodes that was running in the background of the main plot of the show, and I'm not only refering to the obvious big John Locke Resurrection storyline:

- When Sawyer an Co. kill the 2 "others" in 1977 (to save Amy), Richard Alpert is extremely concerned about finding the "bodies" of his passed away soldiers (and even Amys husband, if I remember correctly). He strongly insists to get access to them as soon as possible. This little sidenote from "LaFleur" seems nearly forgotten in the current main discussion on all the Lost Fan Forums in the past weeks, where everybody is theorising about "Time Travel".

So what if "the Island" itself is actually something similar to the mysterious Indian ground from "Pet Sematary"? Where dead bodies in certain areas really "are in danger" to resurrect and in the process ultimately become "evil"?

That actually could mean that Christian Shepard and John Locke are not the "good guys" on the island (anymore), but rather the the now "evil-turned" bad guys in the upcoming war. Richard Alpert would be the "priest" who watches his territory and protects its nasty secret (that dead people can come back "evil") from curious outsiders like the DHARMA Initiative. But in case of Christian he failed to get the body, because the casket slipped out of the plane of Oceanic 815 unnoticed by the Others and in case of John Locke he seemed to be tricked by The Island (or the Evil Force behind it), because he is used (without knowing it) to give Locke a "suicide" advice - by Evil Locke himself, due to a time paradox.

That could mean that the often refered "upcoming war" is maybe started by an now evil-turned John Locke, when he succesfully (?) kills the one thing/force/being that seems to control the "evil" or at least is responsible for a "balance of power" between "good" and "evil" on the island: Jacob. (An Angel?)

If this theory is true, it would mean

- that Christian Shepards "ghost" was evil all the way, that he never actually spoke "for Jacob", that he lied to John Locke, that his intention was to manipulate Locke to kill himself and then return as "a dead body" to the island. Remember how annoyed he was in their second meeting? (I said YOU had to to move the island! [And turn that wheel!]) Because "the evil force behind the island" always wanted Locke to become the leader of the "Others" to trick him into killing "Jacob". Remember: It was Christian, not Jacob, who told Locke "to move the island" in Season 4. Starting the whole time travel stuff. Ben was waiting outside the cabin and thought Locke had spoken to Jacob, when John actually got all the advices from Christian Shepard.

- It would explain why the Others bury their dead people on the sea instead of burying them on the island.

- It would probably mean that "Smokey" is connected to the "evil force" as well. Because the "Alex" who threatened Ben a few episodes ago was making it clear that he should support (Now Evil) Locke by any means (to get rid of Jacob).

- It could mean that Claire, Christian Shepard's Daughter, is somehow under the control of the evil force right now.

- The Oceanic 6 had only "to come back" to the island for one reason: To assist the casket with John Locke's Dead Body inside to get back to the island. => Locke is resurrected, due to the time paradox he is able to take the leadership of the others and therefore in the position to finally kill Jacob. Let the havoc begin to raise.

- And of course it could set up John Locke as the main villain for Season 6, if he is really is successfull in freeing the "Evil Dead" (some Old Eygyptian Gods?) from their cages to get full control of the island again. "The good guys" in the upcoming war would probably the remaing Losties from 1977, who somehow seem to be connected with Jacob and might take his place to fight the "Dark Side" after Jacob passes away in the Season 5 finale.

I know, a lot of this is really vague and supernatural, but when you really think about it (and leave the whole time travel issue aside) it would deliver an ultimate twist and jawbreaker for the finale:

Jacob, Richard and even Ben (with all the "Others" behind them) are really "the good guys" in the upcoming war, because they prevented the "Dark Side" of taking over the island for centuries, while "Evil Locke" suddenly emerges as the new main villain of the island. Just when the fans seem to know and understand the charakters and they way through the show, the producers are turning them in a completely different direction.

Any thoughts?
--------------------------------
I just rewatched Ep.5x12 "Dead is dead" and got some new supporting ideas that John Locke really IS EVIL right now and acutally is manipulating Benjamin Linus into following his orders.

- Locke tells Ben that he thinks Ben doesn't want to be judged for "returning to the island" and "breaking the rules". No, Locke says, Ben wants to be judged for letting his daughter Alex killed by Keamy, because he feels guilty for his death. As a consequence Benjamin only thinks about Alex from this point on.

- They arrive at the barracks where Sun an Lapidus tell Ben that a guy named "Christian" (one of the "Evil Dead") has told them to follow John Locke when they would like to meet the other Losties again, therefore establishing Lockes new leadership role.

- Ben goes downstairs to "summon" the monster. But unlike in Season 4, it doesn't arrive in "Otherville".

- JOHN LOCKE IS SUDDENLY MISSING IN THE JUNGLE! What does he do there? He prepares to get Ben manipulated into following every order from him. How does he do that? By getting the dead body of Alex into ressurrection mode (Was she really buried properly?) and somehow holding Smokey back at the temple!

- Evil Locke leads Ben to the Temple to meet Smokey. Ben falls in a trap downstairs.

- Smokey arrives, judges Ben and disappears again. Smokey let Ben live!

- But wait a minute: Suddenly ALEX ARRIVES AT THE SCENE! Ben still thinks it Smokey who confronts him, but in reality it is one of the EVIL DEAD that is now pushing him merciless against the wall, showing some violent characteristics the "real" Alex never would have shown.

- Ben is emotional devastated and would do everything his beloved & resurrected daughter tells him to do.

- Evil Alex forces him to swear to do everything what Evil Locke tells him to do later. Follow the new leader and his orders by any means, don't question them. A shocked Ben is crying and agrees to follow Locke by every price.

- Evil Alex disappears, but Evil Locke is back. Evil Locke knows that he can't kill Jacob, because he is already dead. So he needs a living human beeing to do the nasty job for him. By tricking Ben into thinking that Smokey gave him new orders when in reality it was Evil Alex all the time, he has found a perfect victim to "kill Jacob".

- Benjamin Linus, the master of manipulation, just got manipulated to do the unthinkable and kill his long-time leader, because he thinks, Smokey and the "good forces" of the island have told him to do. In reality he was set up by the "Dark Side" of the island and will now be the last puzzle piece to fullfill the "Evil Masterplan" of "Killing Jacob".

What you guys think?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
When Sawyer an Co. kill the 2 "others" in 1977 (to save Amy), Richard Alpert is extremely concerned about finding the "bodies" of his passed away soldiers (and even Amys husband, if I remember correctly). He strongly insists to get access to them as soon as possible. This little sidenote from "LaFleur" seems nearly forgotten in the current main discussion on all the Lost Fan Forums in the past weeks, where everybody is theorising about "Time Travel".

So what if "the Island" itself is actually something similar to the mysterious Indian ground from "Pet Sematary"? Where dead bodies in certain areas really "are in danger" to resurrect and in the process ultimately become "evil"?

Richard said he never saw anyone come back to life.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: