Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
UDøNIS

Default Re: Lost Season 5 Finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
What you guys think?

I don't think that this theory holds any water for the following reasons...

A) Richard Alpert is as shocked as anyone that Locke came back to life. This argument hinges on all of the others being aware of this, but the writers deliberately tell us that there's something uncanny about Locke coming back to life and everyone on the island is in disbelief. Others, Ben, Richard included.

B) Jacob and "Locke" obviously knew each other. "You finally found a loophole, etc." Clearly hearkening back to Jacob's convo with the other guy.

C) It's also fairly clear that the "people who are coming" does not refer to Locke. If it did, he would not be surprised and shocked about it as well.

Interesting theory, but definitely think its dead wrong.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Agreed.

Man, when that plane was flying over him and Kate and he yells out "We have to go back!" and it ends. I got goosebumps. Never been more hype about a TV show than at that moment.

_________

I'm disappointed that it appears Locke as we know it is actually dead. That being said, Jacob brought him back to life after he fell off the building so maybe his counterpart/fake Locke will do the same for Locke in a box now that he's scared that "they're coming."
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #18
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

i really have no comment other than, i can't wait for the final season. So many questions to be resolved. i simply hope that the seventeen episodes that are planned for the final season are enough to give satisfactory explanations for everything.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Man, when that plane was flying over him and Kate and he yells out "We have to go back!" and it ends. I got goosebumps. Never been more hype about a TV show than at that moment.

_________

I'm disappointed that it appears Locke as we know it is actually dead. That being said, Jacob brought him back to life after he fell off the building so maybe his counterpart/fake Locke will do the same for Locke in a box now that he's scared that "they're coming."

Ok, so that's what Jacob said at the end? All I heard was, "*** ***." lol

I'm pretty sure "they" is alanna and the dudes with the box.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
vapid
Paranoid Android

Too much stuff to regurgitate it all here. I'm just going to say that Miles mad a point that any rational asian guy would think about the incident when the stupid love quadrangle was being all emotional.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ok, so that's what Jacob said at the end? All I heard was, "*** ***." lol

I'm pretty sure "they" is alanna and the dudes with the box.

But Richard is down with them, so I'm not sure why Jacob would be scared of them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
But Richard is down with them, so I'm not sure why Jacob would be scared of them.
Richard is pretty tame unfortunately. I doubt jacob is scared of anyone anyways.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #23
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

Well, alanna (the mexican woman. Is that even her name?) and her crew is part of Jacob's are they not?

This sh!t is nuts. I think based on who Jacob was talking to in each flashback will be on his side in the end.

Also, yall think Jacob is dead? I think he'll come back to life.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Well, alanna (the mexican woman. Is that even her name?) and her crew is part of Jacob's are they not?

This sh!t is nuts. I think based on who Jacob was talking to in each flashback will be on his side in the end.

Also, yall think Jacob is dead? I think he'll come back to life.
I highly doubt they'd kill off such an important character that was just fully introduced and who is basically a god permanently in one episode.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #25
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

I'm sorry to disagree with mostly everyone here, but I didn't like the season finale all that much. In my opinion, 5th season is the worse so far, and I'm really losing my hope that they'll explain all the loose ends (which happen to outnumber clear facts by a way margin) in a satisfactory way. It feels as though the writers who started the show had nothing to do with the current ones. Also, most of the love stories have been corny and annoying this season.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #26
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I'm sorry to disagree with mostly everyone here, but I didn't like the season finale all that much. In my opinion, 5th season is the worse so far, and I'm really losing my hope that they'll explain all the loose ends (which happen to outnumber clear facts by a way margin) in a satisfactory way. It feels as though the writers who started the show had nothing to do with the current ones. Also, most of the love stories have been corny and annoying this season.
I think the big answers will be answered. Libby wont be explained because the actress won't come back, and the Valenzetti equation is what the numbers are all about (if you didn't know, it was in an ARG). The only love story I partially enjoyed was Sawyer-Juliet. Sun and Jin (I just typed sin, combining their names, which is interesting lol) are tolerable.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #27
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I think the big answers will be answered. Libby wont be explained because the actress won't come back, and the Valenzetti equation is what the numbers are all about (if you didn't know, it was in an ARG). The only love story I partially enjoyed was Sawyer-Juliet. Sun and Jin (I just typed sin, combining their names, which is interesting lol) are tolerable.

Could you please elaborate on that? I felt tempted to get into that ARG stuff they had going, but was too lazy.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #28
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Could you please elaborate on that? I felt tempted to get into that ARG stuff they had going, but was too lazy.
Just lostpedia it. Something about how after the cuban missle crisis the UN hired valenzetti to make an equation calculating when mankind will perish, and the dharma iniative is at the island to change a variable to prolong our existence.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #29
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Just lostpedia it. Something about how after the cuban missle crisis the UN hired valenzetti to make an equation calculating when mankind will perish, and the dharma iniative is at the island to change a variable to prolong our existence.

I'll definitely look it up, thanks for the info.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #30
tian820
NBA lottery pick

I just watched the finale(s) today and had to resist all urges yesterday to read spoilers. I will say this, as much as I hate cliffhangers, I love em at the same time Makes a show all the more worthwhile to watch.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: