Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #61
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lost Season 5 Finale

Well, just gone done watching it and I am at a loss for words. I will try and gather my thoughts and try and make some sense of them tomorrow.

Just one thing, I like the look on 'fake'-Locke's face when Ben said '...just like Moses...', that really put my head in a whirl thinking of all kinds of Biblical sh!t.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #62
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Well, just gone done watching it and I am at a loss for words. I will try and gather my thoughts and try and make some sense of them tomorrow.

Just one thing, I like the look on 'fake'-Locke's face when Ben said '...just like Moses...', that really put my head in a whirl thinking of all kinds of Biblical sh!t.

Interesting too that the biblical references that made me cringe in the past (Christian Shepherd) are much more interesting now that it appears these characters are evil. Makes you wonder what Christian was doing on the boat at the end of last season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #63
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OK, after reading through this thread, I realised that most of what I wanted to say has already been said.

I liked how when we see Jacob interact with each member, he makes contact. Although, he met Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Jack, Sun and Jin all before they went to the island. However, the only time we see him talk to Hurley is after he left the island and before he goes back.

Did he make contact with Allana? I don't think he did, or I just could have missed it.

Anyway, I'm glad they finally gave Jacob a face.

I had all kinds of thoughts running round which suggested that Jacob was the actual island. Then I thought Jacob had took on the body of Christian (which I now believe was 'Moses'). Then when Locke came back to life, I thought it was Jacob, though that was blown away when we discovered it was 'Moses'.

Just so we're clear when I say 'Moses', I'm referring to the guy who was talking to Jacob at the beginning.

Atleast we now know a little bit as to why Richard doesn't age, but still not enough. Does he start to age now or what? How old is he exactly? He's got to be in his 70's maybe even 80's or something ridiculous. He was on the island in the 50's, so he's got to be pretty damn old.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #64
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess Richard came to the island in the Black Rock.

As for 'Moses', after reading wikipedia, he could be Jacob's brother, Esau:
Quote:
Jacob and his twin brother, Esau, were born to Isaac and Rebecca after 20 years of marriage, when Isaac was 60 (Genesis 25:20, 25:26). There are two opinions in the Midrash as to how old Rebecca was at the time of her marriage and, consequently, at the twins' birth. According to the traditional counting cited by Rashi, Isaac was 37 years old at the time of the Binding of Isaac, and news of Rebecca's birth reached Abraham immediately after that event (see Rashi on Gen. 22:20). Isaac was 40 years old when he married Rebecca (Gen. 25:20), making Rebecca 3 years old at the time of her marriage. According to the second opinion, Isaac was 29 years old and Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[2] Another view is that Rebecca was 10 years old at the time.[citation needed] In any case, 20 years elapsed before they had children. Throughout that time, both Isaac and Rebecca prayed fervently to God for offspring. God eventually answered Isaac's prayers and Rebecca conceived.

Rebecca was extremely uncomfortable during her double pregnancy and went to inquire of God why she was suffering so. The Midrash says that whenever she would pass a house of Torah study, Jacob would struggle to come out; whenever she would pass a house of idolatry, Esau would agitate to come out.[3] She received the prophecy that twins were fighting in her womb and would continue to fight all their lives, and after they became two separate nations. The prophecy also said that the older would serve the younger; its statement "one people will be stronger than the other" has been taken to mean that the two nations would never gain power simultaneously: when one fell, the other would rise, and vice versa. Traditionally, Rebecca did not share the prophecy with her husband.

When the time came for Rebecca to give birth, the first to come out emerged red and hairy all over, with his heel grasped by the hand of the second to come out. Onlookers named the first עשו, Esau (`Esav or `Esaw, meaning either "rough", "sensibly felt", "handled", from Hebrew: עשה‎, `asah, "do" or "make";[4] or "completely developed", from Hebrew: עשוי‎, `assui[citation needed]). The second is named יעקב, Jacob (Ya`aqob or Ya`aqov, meaning "heel-catcher", "supplanter", "leg-puller", "he who follows upon the heels of one", from Hebrew: עקב‎, `aqab or `aqav, "seize by the heel", "circumvent", "restrain", a wordplay upon Hebrew: עקבה‎, `iqqebah or `iqqbah, "heel").[5]

The boys displayed very different natures as they matured. "Esau became a hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a simple man, a dweller in tents" (Genesis 25:27). Moreover, the attitudes of their parents toward them also differ: "Isaac loved Esau because game was in his mouth, but Rebecca loved Jacob" (ibid., 25:28).
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #65
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Thanks for the info chains.

This part caught my eye,

Quote:
the two nations would never gain power simultaneously: when one fell, the other would rise, and vice versa
That certainly fits in, or atleast seems to from what we know. Jacob was in charge, he was the one everyone answered to and 'Moses' was looking for a loophole, which he found. He's now found that loophole and maybe this his chance to take over and gain the power, he's already gained the power over Richard, Ben and the others.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #66
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

He doesnt have any "power" over Ben or Richard. He was just able to trick them into believing he was the leader.

Richard is kind of like the Panchen Lama. Only he doesn't ever die and get reincarnated.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #67
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
He doesnt have any "power" over Ben or Richard. He was just able to trick them into believing he was the leader.

Richard is kind of like the Panchen Lama. Only he doesn't ever die and get reincarnated.
Who cares what spin you put on it. He's got them doing what he wants.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #68
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Who cares what spin you put on it. He's got them doing what he wants.
Well when you clearly have some type of immortal being that might have "powers" when touching/influencing peoples lives (Jacob) its better to define what is literal and what is metaphorical power.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #69
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Well when you clearly have some type of immortal being that might have "powers" when touching/influencing peoples lives (Jacob) its better to define what is literal and what is metaphorical power.
I was talking about 'Moses' (fake-Locke), leading Ben, Richard and the others, not Jacob.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: