Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
west
NBA lottery pick

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here
Default May 14: Celtics @ Magic, Game 6 (Round 2)

Hopefully Celtics can close this thing out.

Boston at Orlando, 7 p.m. ET -- The AP reports: Dwight Howard wants the ball more. Stan Van Gundy is telling fans not to panic, and some Orlando Magic players think their series with Boston should already be over. Orlando seems to be teetering on a Magic Meltdown. Howard met with Van Gundy and apologized Wednesday—but did not retract his statements—after publicly challenging the coach’s strategy in their Game 5 collapse. The Magic center even added another bold comment as the Celtics look to close out Orlando in Game 6 Thursday and move on to the Eastern Conference finals... The Celtics have to feel confident. The defending champions took Game 4 on a jumper by Glen “Big Baby” Davis as time expired, rallied in Game 5 despite struggling for most of the night and have the Magic on the brink of elimination. Boston is 32-0 when it takes a 3-2 lead in a best-of-seven series... “Are we fortunate to be ahead in this series? Yes,” Celtics forward Brian Scalabrine. “Like Kevin Garnett says, ‘We make our own luck here in Boston.”’ The Celtics failed to close out the Chicago Bulls in Game 6 in their first-round series, a triple-overtime epic. The Celtics are 17-3 in Games 7s at home.

Last edited by insidehoops : 05-14-2009 at 01:51 PM.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default Re: May 14: Celtics @ Magic, Game 6 (Round 2)

I have a feeling from watching this magic team... that if we can jump on it, not just settle but jump on them early they will lose focus and the game is ours.

Boston does not want to see a team that can shoot 9-22 from 3 on any given night. THey need to close them out now. The bigs need to play smart because Howard seems a lot more comfortable playing at home in the post. they need to play like its a win or go home game.

I have a strange feeling of a blowout. If Eddie House hits 2 3's its a blowout. I dont think the magic are collectively focused enough honestly.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

the magic
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Magic will win. If they don't, well they don't. Oh fuckin' well.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
The Magic will win. If they don't, well they don't. Oh fuckin' well.

Great post.

I think the Celtics take this one. Orlando has to be demoralized after their last two losses, and with all the bickering going on amongst themselves, I don't think they have the mentality to think they can win the next two.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

I think we could push it to 7. But I think Boston will still win the series.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kinda interested to see how Dwight comes out and plays. I had Orlando winning the series and I'm going to stick with it
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Celtics by 6.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
NBAtipoff
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NBAtipoff has an OK reputation so far

This game should be close. I like the Magic to come out early and get a lead. But, I wouldn't put it past Boston to come back and win. Orlando has pissed me off the way they lose leads
NBAtipoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
I think we could push it to 7. But I think Boston will still win the series.

That's what I think too. Orlando might squeeze out a victory, and Boston would have to win on their homecourt.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
R.H.C.P.
that's turrible

R.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected poster

OT/Final Score:
Magic - 106
Celtics - 107

Big Baby get's the game winner again!
R.H.C.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Great post.

I think the Celtics take this one. Orlando has to be demoralized after their last two losses, and with all the bickering going on amongst themselves, I don't think they have the mentality to think they can win the next two.

Thanks a lot.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
jinsanity
I hit open layups

jinsanity has an OK reputation so far

Magic should have already wrapped up this series 4-1 ( face it, they really should have won the past 2games) , but due to their inability to finish down their stretch, they're down 3-2 and almost at the brink of elimination. They, especially Dwight, needs to show more hunger than I what I've seen in the past few games.

Come on Dwight, I'm a big fan, but I wish you show some more aggressiveness.
jinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
west
NBA lottery pick

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #15
west
NBA lottery pick

Something wrong with Ray's knee?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: