Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #136
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,337
tastystaci has decent reputation
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Thats not entirely the case.

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.

It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle also.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #137
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,680
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.

You chill. I don't have to look at something retarded and accept it as correct not to be argumentative.

And you are about 3,776 thousand times wrong. The have auditors and representatives from the league watch the drawing.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #138
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,680
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle.
i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #139
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
You do realize the Kings only have a 25% of getting the Top pick, even though they are the worst team. I guess its a miracle if they win too.
Kings have a 25% chance but they can't get lower than the 4th pick, and they have the best chance to do so.

In my opinion the Lottery goes

1.New York
2.Oklahoma City
3.Sacramento
4.Washington
5.Los Angeles
6.Minnesota
7.Memphis
8.Golden State
9.Toronto
10.Milwaukee
11.New Jersey
12.Charlotte
13.Indiana
14.Phoenix


Bold=100% sure of order
Toronto is a very slight possibility due to the international dynamic of Rubio.

And once again to show how the Draft unfolds, in my opinion

1.Knicks-Ricky Rubio
2.Thunder-Blake Griffin
3.Kings-Brandon Jennings or James Harden
4.Wizards-Hasheem Thabeet
5.Clippers-Best Player Available or Prospect Clippers Fall In Love With
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #140
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,228
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.

So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process?

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #142
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,680
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process?

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.

and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #143
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,228
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math.

Kids are hopeless.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #144
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,337
tastystaci has decent reputation
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.

That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20!
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #145
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
and something being unlikely doesn't make it a conspiracy. And thus, your thread, is retarded. We have conspiracy threads on each and every thing that happens in the nba. Thus, everytime something happens, someone predicted it, thus it is a conspiracy by your logic.

I'm sorry, dumb is dumb.
You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.


You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #146
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,680
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20!

1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #147
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
If it was a fair lottery, the NBA could pick the f@#king balls out right in front of everyone. The last time they did that was when 91 ? STFU and think before you post, I don't care who you are or how many posts you got, you lose on this draft front SON...
GOBB was around when you got a letter in the mail if you were drafted.

All the Draft is is chances based out of 1000 yet statistically certain teams from 9-14 each year are given.

Its done behind closed doors, all we see is a pinball machine when they cut to it behind the scenes.

All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #149
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,680
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.


You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.

there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.

i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. Dude, middle ground?

Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #150
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,337
tastystaci has decent reputation
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.

Why do you keep bringing up schooling and math when it comes to your vs. my definition of a "miracle". 1-20 is a f*ckin longshot. Once every 20 years is a f*ckin longshot. So you're telling me if a team was a 20-1 dog to win a series, it wouldn't be a miracle for them to win? You're outta you're f*ckin mind. You and Gobb have the same "God Complex". You really should get your righteous head out of your righteous anus.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy