Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #152
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
^Again, it hasn't been about math or the law of averages for some time, Niko.

They used to perform the actual drawing right in front of everyone on national TV, after having said reps from diff.teams verify the numbers of balls going in the machine. EVERYONE got to see it was fair and honest. Even before 1991 they rigged it certain years, when major talents Stern felt needed to go to certain major markets.
From a business perspective, the perception of fairness and honesty is far more important than actual fairness and honesty, and I wasn't complaining last year when my squad got the #1 pick against all math/law of everages, and got the hometown narrative that will last for a decade or more, in many markets other than my own.

What is the reason for secrecy in this scenario, other than if something shady is being done? TV time/speed, please they want to drag it out to get maximized ad revenue. The reason for secrecy is to conceal action. I think it's fairly obvious the reason they have moved to just walking out with envelopes.

Because it's men in suits looking at little balls and passing them to each other conferring they say the team they say. As Bagelred said (and you all ignored because the mobb is stupid) the NBA has explained the security process and what they do and the number codes etc.

you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #153
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,733
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.

If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy.

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?

Last edited by GOBB : 05-19-2009 at 02:01 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #154
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

If they are choosing the winners why is it about 1 specific team over the league as a whole?

New york knicks don't have to be good for their franchise to make money for the league- they are one of if not the biggest money makers in the nba good or bad

The bulls needed a superstar to make them relavent, cleveland would be one of the teams people talk about moving without their lottery win, it was clear that denver had helped other teams and hit rock bottom then were ready to build back up with carmelo- didn't yao specifically ask to be in a big market wc city? Does the league like marketing d wade and the heat and did they see a potential bad situation in miami without another big name player

Prob makes no sense, just trying to say that if its fixed I don't look for teams like ny to win this year- I see teams like milwaukee,sacramento and minnisota needing the boost- also wizards are right back with griffen and I just think nba would rather have rubio as a clipper than a knick
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #155
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.
Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle
Quote:
An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God
We all know God in this case is David Stern.

Quote:
One that excites admiring awe.
So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #156
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
And I'll bet my dick my math score on my ACT was higher than yours you arrogant assuming ostrich.

It's not about math or the law of averages anymore, suck it up.
Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets.

Yes, because you are so eloquent. I'll pass, but for some reason I'm confident that's not the case.

"Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets."

What are you talking about? Trying to wow me with big words?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #157
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,733
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #158
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle

We all know God in this case is David Stern.


So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.

I would be surprised and happy if the Knicks win the lottery yes. But declaring it a miracle is a bit farfetched. Every year i wait for it to happen. It never does. A 5% chance means 1 in 20, it doesn't mean if you roll the dice (assuming the dice had 20 sides) you hit the 20th of 20 times. It means, on average, you roll your number once out of the 20 times. Could be the first time, could be the last time. But it hasn't happened yet. You think maybe someday it could happen. So it happening now (and it probably wouldn't happen again for quite some time) fits reasonably as a possible scenario.

Surprised yes. ITS A MIRACLE, PRAISE BE TO JESUS! No, not really.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #159
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.
Im not predicting it solely for this year, there is a track record of things like this happening when regarding the NBA Lottery so by me assuming there is a conspiracy is not out of the realm of imagination.

Quote:
i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. Dude, middle ground?
Sure.

Yet you've come in with dead set beliefs against there even being any type of tweaking of a supposed Lottery and have spent pages arguing against my beliefs that there is a tweaking of the Lottery.
Why continue on, The only reason why I'm even responding is because I created this thread to discuss this, anything different I would of stopped responding with your biased argument.

Quote:
Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.
If she ends up becoming smarter than you, would that not be a miracle?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #161
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy.

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?
You believe you shot down my argument because you had 1 person quote you and agree.

So of course carry on with the Victory you have achieved in your own mind, I argued all of your points with answers for the opinions you presented and if you agreed with any of them wouldn't that make me right?

The ownage continues GOBB....I've come out on top in every one of these petty arguments you start in each thread.

I can't leave a without you quoting me and baiting.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #162
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Hey Niko and Gobb, the odds on hawks beating the cavs before the series started http://blog.skytowercasino.com/st/wo...d-predictions/

that means if you bet the hawks for a $100, you would win $1400. That's a 14-1 dog. Not even 20-1. Ask anybody if they think the Hawks beating the Cavs would've been a miracle. I'm gonna give you the Happy Gilmore at this point...Jackass!
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #163
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Im not predicting it solely for this year, there is a track record of things like this happening when regarding the NBA Lottery so by me assuming there is a conspiracy is not out of the realm of imagination.


Sure.

Yet you've come in with dead set beliefs against there even being any type of tweaking of a supposed Lottery and have spent pages arguing against my beliefs that there is a tweaking of the Lottery.
Why continue on, The only reason why I'm even responding is because I created this thread to discuss this, anything different I would of stopped responding with your biased argument.


If she ends up becoming smarter than you, would that not be a miracle?

Because i am so intelligent that she'd only have a 5% chance? ****, i think she's smarter than me now, she's 26 months and speaks 2 languages. i speak 1.5

Nah, i'm no genius. But i'm logical. The world unfortunately turns every day and good things happen, and bad things happen, but in general the big dark hand running things in the back doesn't explain variability (and probability), nature does.

The NBA has gone to great lengths to explain how the lottery works and they have people auditing the process who couldn't afford to be cheating it, and people watching who wouldn't accept it being flawed. Add to that a lot of the situations you indicated as the league manipulating things not really being in the league's benefit but you rationalizing it away as such.

Sorry, your argument has tons of assumptions, but very little substance.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #164
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
Hey Niko and Gobb, the odds on hawks beating the cavs before the series started http://blog.skytowercasino.com/st/wo...d-predictions/

that means if you bet the hawks for a $100, you would win $1400. That's a 14-1 dog. Not even 20-1. Ask anybody if they think the Hawks beating the Cavs would've been a miracle. I'm gonna give you the Happy Gilmore at this point...Jackass!

the world laughs at american schools, this is why. we can't do math, and you give examples based on betting and quotes from bad movies.

i actually may be too smart for this board, although i'm not going to post any cool pictures like dullah did.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #165
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,733
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
You believe you shot down my argument because you had 1 person quote you and agree.

Not many sensible fans are entering this topic and commenting. If anything they are asking why I am even entertaining such a retard.

I've even got repped for my posts in this thread owning you.

The sad part is no matter who wins the lottery you have a conspiracy theory for it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy