Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #167
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I would be surprised and happy if the Knicks win the lottery yes. But declaring it a miracle is a bit farfetched. Every year i wait for it to happen. It never does.
OK.


Quote:
A 5% chance means 1 in 20, it doesn't mean if you roll the dice (assuming the dice had 20 sides) you hit the 20th of 20 times. It means, on average, you roll your number once out of the 20 times. Could be the first time, could be the last time.
Yet its unexpected when considering the odds, which you refuse to accept.

So what happens when it doesn't stick to chance and you roll your number more than once when on average you should roll it once, that is unexpected or a miracle if you base things by odds only.

Quote:
But it hasn't happened yet. You think maybe someday it could happen. So it happening now (and it probably wouldn't happen again for quite some time) fits reasonably as a possible scenario.

Surprised yes. ITS A MIRACLE, PRAISE BE TO JESUS! No, not really.
So now we head to the year 2008 when Chicago, who had a 1.7% chance wins the lottery.

Is that not a miracle?

Now how about 2 straight years where a team that had a 5% chance or lower wins the Lottery.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #168
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,154
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
YOurs has far less substance than ours. The burden of proof is on the accused in this instance, because the wall of secrecy stands in the way of the prosecution.

you remind me of In Living Color, were those guys in jail? And they'd throw out big words and talk real slow? And think it meant something?

This is the second long sentence you've written that is basically off topic gibberish. Anything else?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #169
Bean
Local High School Star
 
Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,359
Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

To Interminator:

Are you being serious here?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #171
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,154
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
OK.



Yet its unexpected when considering the odds, which you refuse to accept.

So what happens when it doesn't stick to chance and you roll your number more than once when on average you should roll it once, that is unexpected or a miracle if you base things by odds only.


So now we head to the year 2008 when Chicago, who had a 1.7% chance wins the lottery.

Is that not a miracle?

Now how about 2 straight years where a team that had a 5% chance or lower wins the Lottery.

the knicks don't roll once though. they roll and lose every year. you want this to be a singular occurance, it's not. trust me i know. every single year we are in the 7-11 ish range and every year we pick 7-11ish. By your logic we should never be able to win the lottery because that would be the year we hit the miracle and the year the league cheated. it's honestly bizarre.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #172
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,698
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
Even before 1991 they rigged it certain years, when major talents Stern felt needed to go to certain major markets.
From a business perspective, the perception of fairness and honesty is far more important than actual fairness and honesty, and I wasn't complaining last year when my squad got the #1 pick against all math/law of everages, and got the hometown narrative that will last for a decade or more, in many markets other than my own.
Yes and the owners that got screw just sit and smile. Yes the guys with fortunes spent in their teams are counting that morons like you tell it like it is.

Cleveland , Orlando, Milwalkee, Portland, Toronto, yes major markets indeed, yes your IQ is great

The sad part is with the lottery being "rigged" for NY every year, eventually NY will get lucky and then there will be no stfu possible for the morons.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #173
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,337
tastystaci has decent reputation
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
you remind me of In Living Color, were those guys in jail? And they'd throw out big words and talk real slow? And think it meant something?

This is the second long sentence you've written that is basically off topic gibberish. Anything else?

You remind me of that kid in the back of the class, thinking he's smarter than everyone. 10 years later you're delivering pizzas to my front door.

You forgot the mushrooms you dumb sonofa*****!
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #174
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,154
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

[quote=DULLAH]The law of averages can get beaten in fairness, but always comes back around to average things out.QUOTE]

i'll go now. you have to just be ****ing with me. that's just mean.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #176
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not many sensible fans are entering this topic and commenting. If anything they are asking why I am even entertaining such a retard.

I've even got repped for my posts in this thread owning you.

The sad part is no matter who wins the lottery you have a conspiracy theory for it.


I love how you boost your ego from other posters' agreeing with you, that doesn't mean it makes your opinion fact, it just shows there are others as dumb as you are.

I can have a conspiracy theory for everything, but I dont.

Certain things I believe and others I dont, I have already developed an opinion for my belief which can't be argued with fact because there are no facts proven,unless Interminator puts the balls into the machine runs the machine himself and witnesses the outcome.Then I will be proven that the Lottery is an actual Lottery, and not a rigged Lottery front for David Stern,Nike,& Adidas to better promote premier prospects by placing them in certain situations to help balance the league.

Once again, your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own, some people believe yours and some people believe mines.

The number of people who agree with you doesn't make your opinion Fact unless its proven.

Interminator-1
GOBB-0

Pull up another thread where I posted in and bait, I'll respond later.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #177
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,154
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
If you don't understand what that meant and thaught it was gibberish you're not very intelligent son. THe league is the accused, and I AM the prosecution. Read it again f@#tard.

THE TRUTH!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

It's from happy gilmore i think or some other fine american movie...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #178
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,154
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator


I love how you boost your ego from other posters' agreeing with you, that doesn't mean it makes your opinion fact, it just shows there are others as dumb as you are.

I can have a conspiracy theory for everything, but I dont.

Certain things I believe and others I dont, I have already developed an opinion for my belief which can't be argued with fact because there are no facts proven,unless Interminator puts the balls into the machine runs the machine himself and witnesses the outcome.Then I will be proven that the Lottery is an actual Lottery, and not a rigged Lottery front for David Stern,Nike,& Adidas to better promote premier prospects by placing them in certain situations to help balance the league.

Once again, your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own, some people believe yours and some people believe mines.

The number of people who agree with you doesn't make your opinion Fact unless its proven.

The burden of proof on an accusation is on the accuser, not the accused. You have no proof, just accusations. But your premise is based on people not being able to prove you are wrong. No one does.

That's what's wrong with most conspiracy theorists, they think it's the other way around so they just spout on and on. It's not.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #180
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,698
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
The law of averages can get beaten in fairness, but always comes back around to average things out.
You do know that the team with the worst record just got 25% chance of winning? That means there are a 75% chance of being other team winning he lottery, so explain how the law of averages are getting beat?

yes awesome IQ !!
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy