Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #61
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,434
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yao went to Houston, because Houston is a major city and has a large asian population and because his handlers made it clear before the Draft he wouldn't play in certain cities, like Memphis for example.

LeBron went to Cleveland because Cleveland couldn't get any lower than the 3rd pick due to their poor season and because Akron is nearby to Cleveland, which makes it seem like the "Hometown Kid" story.

I asked you to save your weak excuses/reasoning. I want to know why New York City got snubbed for these 2 marquee talents who are more marketable than Ricky Rubio ever will be. Why are you rigging the draft for Rubio and not Lebron James and Yao Ming? You realize the financial impact either player could have as a Knick? Of course not. It just conflicts with your silly theory the NBA lottery is rigged.

How do you actually sit there and try to bullshyt me on why Stern & company do not rig the draft for these two talents. You can not think of anything reasonable to say besides "You know what GOBB? Maybe its not rigged.".

I mean Lebron wasnt even the only big name in that draft. Just look at hype, Darko (pfft), Melo and Wade. Even Darko had some minor arguments that he should go before Bron. The euro KG. Carmelo history was well documented. Brons hs rival so to speak, had an amazing freshman season (top 10 of all time) leading the Cuse to a national title. Why didnt the NBA give this franchise one of those names to support how its rigged?

Like lets take your silly reasons in the quote as truth. For fun lets say the NBA rigged the lottery for Houston and Clevland. Cool. Why doesnt the NBA rig it so NY can land Melo, Wade or Darko? Again please hold your weak excuses/reasoning. Thank you.

Quote:
Knicks last picked #1 in 85, and have only had 5 Lottery Picks since 1985.

And how many times in the lottery did the Knicks draft within the top 3? You can not argue the draft is rigged when its NEVER helped the NY franchise. Which is the most used franchise for why the NBA would rig a draft. Why does the NBA not rig the lottery before in the Knicks favor but this draft? THIS draft? Oh they will. What makes this draft more special than the past lotteries the Knicks have been in? Ricky Rubio is a nice talent but when you take all the top talent since the Knicks have had lottery picks and throw Ricky Rubio name in the mix? He isnt even a top 5 prospect/talent.


Quote:
Nobody has yet to mention Chris Paul, and to answer your question the Knicks werent in the 2005 NBA Draft Lottery and Starbury was their PG at the time.

The Knicks took Channing frye at 8. Chris Paul went 4th.


Quote:
GOBB arrives in a thread,posts nonsense,argues the nonsense, and then takes a nap before repeating the process.

I didnt post nonsense my friend you did. I challenged your conspiracy theory and you cant even give me a solid answer to why during the times Knicks have been in the lottery they NEVER won it nor was given a top 3 slot. I think the Italian rookie from last years draft was the highest lottery pick since Pat Ewing. Could be wrong much like how you were about NYK not being in the 2005 NBA draft. So you can correct me since I've done numerous jobs correcting you ok? Ok.

Quote:
I seriously hope your pacemaker stops.

And i seriously hope you one day give some serious thought to the threads you create. All I ask for. Not even a hard task.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #62
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,434
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Man oh man...now there is talent worth tanking for. If people think Rose is an explosive for a PG wait until they see this kid. Nicely skilled player as well. I can't wait to see him play NCAA ball.

I cant wait to see him play. Lots of hype with this kid. Watching highlight videos and not actual game footage doesnt suit me well. With Rose I was able to see a couple high school games. But most importantly a college season to really give an opinion on how talented he was/could be.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #63
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,434
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed
Apparently you are a moron with no sense of Geography.

Seacaucus is LITERALLY 5 miles from Madison Square Garden..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...&ta b=wl&um=1

check it out on the map.

Just admit it, you didn't know this and made a stupid thread.

It's ok..people will forget eventually



GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #64
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick
 
Valliant13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I cant wait to see him play. Lots of hype with this kid. Watching highlight videos and not actual game footage doesnt suit me well. With Rose I was able to see a couple high school games. But most importantly a college season to really give an opinion on how talented he was/could be.

True that. In fairness I'm going off multiple scouting reports, in lieu of first hand viewing, so they could just be feeding me a line of bull****. That said the little I have seen has been spectacular, and all the review from trusted people has been glowing.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #65
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I asked you to save your weak excuses/reasoning. I want to know why New York City got snubbed for these 2 marquee talents who are more marketable than Ricky Rubio ever will be. Why are you rigging the draft for Rubio and not Lebron James and Yao Ming? You realize the financial impact either player could have as a Knick? Of course not. It just conflicts with your silly theory the NBA lottery is rigged.

How do you actually sit there and try to bullshyt me on why Stern & company do not rig the draft for these two talents. You can not think of anything reasonable to say besides "You know what GOBB? Maybe its not rigged.".

I mean Lebron wasnt even the only big name in that draft. Just look at hype, Darko (pfft), Melo and Wade. Even Darko had some minor arguments that he should go before Bron. The euro KG. Carmelo history was well documented. Brons hs rival so to speak, had an amazing freshman season (top 10 of all time) leading the Cuse to a national title. Why didnt the NBA give this franchise one of those names to support how its rigged?

Like lets take your silly reasons in the quote as truth. For fun lets say the NBA rigged the lottery for Houston and Clevland. Cool. Why doesnt the NBA rig it so NY can land Melo, Wade or Darko? Again please hold your weak excuses/reasoning. Thank you.



And how many times in the lottery did the Knicks draft within the top 3? You can not argue the draft is rigged when its NEVER helped the NY franchise. Which is the most used franchise for why the NBA would rig a draft. Why does the NBA not rig the lottery before in the Knicks favor but this draft? THIS draft? Oh they will. What makes this draft more special than the past lotteries the Knicks have been in? Ricky Rubio is a nice talent but when you take all the top talent since the Knicks have had lottery picks and throw Ricky Rubio name in the mix? He isnt even a top 5 prospect/talent.




The Knicks took Channing frye at 8. Chris Paul went 4th.




I didnt post nonsense my friend you did. I challenged your conspiracy theory and you cant even give me a solid answer to why during the times Knicks have been in the lottery they NEVER won it nor was given a top 3 slot. I think the Italian rookie from last years draft was the highest lottery pick since Pat Ewing. Could be wrong much like how you were about NYK not being in the 2005 NBA draft. So you can correct me since I've done numerous jobs correcting you ok? Ok.



And i seriously hope you one day give some serious thought to the threads you create. All I ask for. Not even a hard task.

You know what GOBB, the Lottery isn't rigged.

Keep arguing with yourself.

I'm done discussing this until May 19th, I may be right due to my suspicions of how the NBA places certain picks with slotted players with certain teams in the Lottery.

I might be wrong and the Wizards,Kings,& Grizzlies end up with the top 3 picks.

However with the NBA fans and media members fueling hype the Knicks will make a run at LeBron in 2010 and sign him in 2010 it would make sense if they landed a marketable PG in Rubio who could excel in their offense on a Knicks team that isn't so far off from being a Playoff contendor next season.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #66
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter
 
gencbiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,055
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
the knicks

Why are you such a useless poster? Why would you waste our time, and come in this thread just to write that? I wasted 2 seconds reading your post that I'll never be able to get back. You're bitter... Knicks>>YOU+PHILLY
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #67
flipogb
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
In New Jersey.

Fail.

the actual draft is in New York, I dont know why anyone would
automatically assume the lottery is there too

and as for it being rigged, if it was, GS or LA Clippers wouldve gotten 1st pick
when Yao came out
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,434
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
You know what GOBB, the Lottery isn't rigged.

I made you see the light

Quote:
Keep arguing with yourself.

No I'll point out errors in your post and correct you which I've done. Thats why you have little to say back in response.

Quote:
I'm done discussing this until May 19th, I may be right due to my suspicions of how the NBA places certain picks with slotted players with certain teams in the Lottery.

You're not right. For every argument you give for a team winning it I can counter it with how another team would make more sense to have that particular pick. Fans like conspiracy theories. This is no different than fans thinking playoff performance has a factor in deciding the MVP. Yet votes are in at the final regular season game in the NBA. But since the NBA decides the winner latter in the postseason fans just assume it factors. And even when you break down this logic I just presented to you they still believe in thier conspiracy theory.

Quote:
I might be wrong and the Wizards,Kings,& Grizzlies end up with the top 3 picks.

The thing is if NY doesnt win the lottery you'll give a reason to why just like you did the past lotteries NY was in and didnt win. You'll always have excuses.

Quote:
However with the NBA fans and media members fueling hype the Knicks will make a run at LeBron in 2010 and sign him in 2010 it would make sense if they landed a marketable PG in Rubio who could excel in their offense on a Knicks team that isn't so far off from being a Playoff contendor next season.

With Lebron you dont need a marketable PG. Heck for fun if they got Lebron chances are they would land another top free agent pick. If NY won the lottery I would trade the pick. Get some proven, established players to surround your marquee FA signings Lebron and _____ (whoever else). You're guranteed success instantly with Bron but if you can build around him as well and use that #1 pick as bait to do so? I'm all for this personally.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #69
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
and as for it being rigged, if it was, GS or LA Clippers wouldve gotten 1st pick
when Yao came out
Why is that?

Outside of asian populations both were historically bad teams, and the Clippers havent won a Lottery since 1998.

Chances are that Yao's handlers would've balked at him playing for such a bad Warriors team at the time before the 2002-2003 season.

I think Yao with the Clippers would've been great but Houston was the perfect fit as the heir to Hakeem.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #70
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I made you see the light
Nah you actually wanted me to post that.

But Im done discussing the conspiracy theory for now, we'll see on May 19th whether my suspicions were right or were wrong regarding the Knicks.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #71
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,436
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Hehe. All the teams sending GM's, the head coach or the president and the Timberwolves just sending Kevin Love.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #72
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,138
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Link to this?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #73
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,773
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Hehe. All the teams sending GM's, the head coach or the president and the Timberwolves just sending Kevin Love.
Kevin McHale is bad luck.

Kevin Love could be pretty lucky, hopefully Minnesota doesn't land the #1 pick because it would put his job in jeopardy.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #74
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn
 
Rekindled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away..
Posts: 9,011
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Kevin McHale is bad luck.

Kevin Love could be pretty lucky, hopefully Minnesota doesn't land the #1 pick because it would put his job in jeopardy.

Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #75
NY Comeback
Banned
 
NY Comeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Madness Square Garden
Posts: 5,113
Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

This thread is becoming an annual ISH tradition.

couldn't you have just bumped the thread from last year?
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy