Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The exaggerated idea of black men being with white chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
black women have it hard...they are pretty much told all of their natural facial features are bad and that they need to strive to white features.

+1
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
black women have it hard...they are pretty much told all of their natural facial features are bad and that they need to strive to white features.

That is such B.S. and things have not been like that in the last few decades. At the absolute worst that attitude went out by the start of the 90's.

Stop yelling fire when there isn't even a whiff of smoke. Stop blaming other people for your own insecurities.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
That is such B.S. and things have not been like that in the last few decades. At the absolute worst that attitude went out by the start of the 90's.

Stop yelling fire when there isn't even a whiff of smoke. Stop blaming other people for your own insecurities.

I always wonder how people decide when something went out of style.

ie. "Blacks have been equal to whites since 1956."

Some people must be looking at different evidence.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn near everyone has it hard when it comes to their looks (especially women) because our society is so infatuated with celebrities that we're force-fed these images of Hollywood beauty. Our society preaches vanity and places looks/image, material possessions, wealth, etc over everything else. Why else would the famous celebrities be elevated to demi-god status? Because they're the beautiful millionaires that we all dream of being.

Again, you're making this issue more complex than it needs to be.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Can we say undervalues the black woman...or minority females in general?

Instead of putting down a group of people? Maybe?

I think the way he wrote it indicates a larger and more serious problem than his perception of being slighted by society as a status-quo.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #21
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
I always wonder how people decide when something went out of style.

ie. "Blacks have been equal to whites since 1956."

Some people must be looking at different evidence.

Oh please. You are so full of sh!t.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #22
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

For my own securities? Im not a black women...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stop yelling fire when there isn't even a whiff of smoke.

Fire?
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think the way he wrote it indicates a larger and more serious problem than his perception of being slighted by society as a status-quo.

He wrote it that way because everyone of every race doesn't know how to act mature and instead decides to throw out thoughtless insults.

If people get angered by racism, it's probably not smart to insult other races in return. That doesn't lead to lolipops and ice cream.

Quote:
Oh please. You are so full of sh!t.

I hope you're black and just trying to start ****. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #25
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
He wrote it that way because everyone of every race doesn't know how to act mature and instead decides to throw out thoughtless insults.

If people get angered by racism, it's probably not smart to insult other races in return. That doesn't lead to lolipops and ice cream.

I hope you're black and just trying to start ****. lol

No, I am not black and my intention is not provoke anger from anybody. I don't believe that American society is sending a giant and pervasive message to young black folks that they are ugly or inferior.

I believe the idea that such a thing is still happening is either an out-right lie for someone with an agenda, or someone who is being trained to believe something that isn't true. I don't see it that way and I am just speaking my mind.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But it's not just black women. Let me ask you a question. You're a black male, correct? Say hypothetically you were disfigured in an accident and there was surgery to reconstruct your body/face, but it would no longer be yours. And the technology was limited so you had two options for a appearance that you would wear the rest of your life.

Option A)

Option B)

I don't imagine this will be a difficult decision for you. Most of us have our share of insecurities and aren't happy with at least a handful of things about ourselves. Because we're force-fed these images of what beauty is and what we should strive to be. Because we see our little imperfections as holding us back, annoyances and the like, we don't ever look at em as each being a specific part of our own individuality, each contributing to who we are. We need more cosmetic plastic surgeons, so we can all be beautiful conformists.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #27
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^^I have to say, if I had half of the brilliance you display, they would be calling me the next einstein. Good post. BTW, I would choose option A.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #28
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
She has this very false and exaggerated belief that black guys with potential and unaccomplished are "down with the sistas", yet when they become successful those same brothers are quick to kick to black girls to the curb just to get a white girl on their arm.

She is far from the first person I know to have this belief. While it may a true to some extent, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as they make it out to be. I asked her for some examples. She stutters and then says: "Well look at all the black athletes or the NBA." I ask her to name some people (other than Barkley) and she was stumped. Hell, damn near every black player in the league has either a black wife or fiance and NBA players are perhaps the most visible celebrities around.

Just another example of why some women try to justify why men don't want them.

I don't hear it too often ,but when I do I normally challenge that person to name all of these players & there is usually silence. While Black men do marry outside of their race more than Black women it is a very small percentage.(White Men also marry outside their race at higher rates than White women). This fact is maybe where this myth /stereotype stems from, but without any numbers I am certain over 90% of Black 'active' NBA players have Black wives/Fiancees.The same for retired ones.

Matter of fact, offhand, I can only name Duncan, Parker(Mother is White also) & Kobe(hispanic White) who have non black wives/fiances

Hell I may just reasearch this someday to crush the next person who spews this crap .

Most of it is myth/stereotype , but I have to agree some of it is probably frustration for Black women who have trouble finding a successful partner.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #29
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
^^^I have to say, if I had half of the brilliance you display, they would be calling me the next einstein. Good post. BTW, I would choose option A.

Either you have done a substantial amount of drugs in the past hour or so, or we now know what it looks like when a statement drips with sarcasm in a typed form.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #30
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Either you have done a substantial amount of drugs in the past hour or so, or we now know what it looks like when a statement drips with sarcasm in a typed form.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: