Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: University of Arizona says no to Jay-Z demands

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
whats g@y is also when people make retarded requests like a bowl of M&Ms with all the yellow ones taken out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

"....I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. (pause) Nasty business really. But, sure enough, I got the M&M's and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show"
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #17
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Jay is a clown. But I can't be mad at him though....when you have the kind of money and status he has...you get used to everything getting handed to you. Why stop at some champagne in the dressing room?

Kind of reminds me when MTV followed Ludacris to Africa and they had a platter with like 100 Trojan condoms with Jack Daniels surrounding them waiting in the dressing room...**** was funny as hell.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

depletedW has decent reputation

I kinda like it when a celebrity gets told "no" every now and then. I can see why a university would not want to provide him with alcohol as that would send the wrong message.
depletedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jay facebook status says "They told me no? Show is a no go. - Hov!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I actually dont think those demands are at all outlandish and not that unreasonable.

Sarcasm?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Jay is a clown. But I can't be mad at him though....when you have the kind of money and status he has...you get used to everything getting handed to you. Why stop at some champagne in the dressing room?

You said it right there though, he's got the money and status to have niiggas on the payroll be responsible for bein his gophers and to keep his **** stocked. When you're gettin paid to do a show, you do the show and get paid. I don't think the bookers nor the venue nor anyone cares whether you're drivin a busted 94 Caravan cross state lines to get there and sleepin in the Motel 6 or you got a private jet and a suite at the Hilton, they just care about you doin the show. Have your people get what you want if it's unrelated to the show itself. No?
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

For the money he is producing*; I would comply.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apparently you don't have to be all that famous or talented to have a rediculous rider.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #23
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Apparently you don't have to be all that famous or talented to have a rediculous rider.

exactly. TSG is full of this stuff.
why so hard on jigga?
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

No sarcasm. I mean, the maybach request is kind of strange and unreasonable, but besides that it doesnt seem too off.

I can go home right now and heat my apartment to 72 degrees by pushing a little lever an inch to the right....not that big a deal. Pretty much every room has climate control these days.

All the rest of the stuff, the food and liquor, thats nothing. Especially for a large university like Arizona. Adequate relaxed lighting is barely even a request.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #25
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree. He didnt ask for much at all. All you have to do is rent the Maybach and you are good to go. What was so outrageous about turning the knob on the thermostat or giving someone food and beverages? Its not like he asked for a diamond encrusted microphone.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

The only thing that sounds a bit out of place is the Maybach. This guy said 57 or 62 hahahah.......still, that's like 2500-3000 a day. You guys are paying him 750k to do the show. It's obvious you had the money...don't be mad.

But really, that's his lifestyle though. And really, if anyone here has experienced the lifestyle of a 9 figure kind of guy, that's usually the type of **** that goes on....rapper or not.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
No sarcasm. I mean, the maybach request is kind of strange and unreasonable, but besides that it doesnt seem too off.

I can go home right now and heat my apartment to 72 degrees by pushing a little lever an inch to the right....not that big a deal. Pretty much every room has climate control these days.

All the rest of the stuff, the food and liquor, thats nothing. Especially for a large university like Arizona. Adequate relaxed lighting is barely even a request.

A major university providing liquor is not a big deal? News to me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

who's responsible for wine @ the faculty mixers? it must be the school
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #29
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

Quote:

It's a huge deal to them probably....just about everybody I know who goes/has gone to ASU or UoA has a drinking problem lol
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #30
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Uh, no, not really.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: