Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #31
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: University of Arizona says no to Jay-Z demands

University of Arizona should be ashamed. They are pretending that these things Jay-Z asks for will cut into their budget for something else. Universities are ripping people off and everyone knows it. Plus, they get money from the Government and alumni, so this should be chump change and not even a problem. GOBB, I understand that you think that a university providing liquor would be a big problem, but, if they are giving it to someone of legal drinking age who has a chauffer, what the problem?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
University of Arizona should be ashamed. They are pretending that these things Jay-Z asks for will cut into their budget for something else. Universities are ripping people off and everyone knows it. Plus, they get money from the Government and alumni, so this should be chump change and not even a problem. GOBB, I understand that you think that a university providing liquor would be a big problem, but, if they are giving it to someone of legal drinking age who has a chauffer, what the problem?

Moral, ethics, message to student body is my guess.

Quote:
It's a huge deal to them probably....just about everybody I know who goes/has gone to ASU or UoA has a drinking problem lol

Quote:
who's responsible for wine @ the faculty mixers? it must be the school

I know of no such thing.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #33
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

Is he gonna notice if it's 74 degrees in his dressing room?

no, but he would probably notice if it was 54 degrees.. so why not be specific to avoid going through the same routine at every venue? same goes for his other demands
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #34
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Moral, ethics, message to student body is my guess.

Morals and ethics? Please. Universities are about that money and covering their asses to keep that money. That's it because if they had "morals" and "ethics" they would not be gouging people for every cent they have just to attend at that specific university.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess. The demands these diva celebs have is funny. Didnt know Jay Z smoked cigs.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #36
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I guess. The demands these diva celebs have is funny. Didnt know Jay Z smoked cigs.

There's tons of things you don't know but claim to. Jay doesn't smoke cigs. You ever thought that half the sh*t he's asking for isn't even for him in the first place? And how is he a diva celeb? How much money do these "divas" make for the venues? You also probably think it's fair that college atheletes don't get paid. F*ckin dumba$$ comunist.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #37
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
There's tons of things you don't know but claim to. Jay doesn't smoke cigs. You ever thought that half the sh*t he's asking for isn't even for him in the first place? And how is he a diva celeb? How much money do these "divas" make for the venues? You also probably think it's fair that college atheletes don't get paid. F*ckin dumba$$ comunist.
Whoa. Calm Down, man. Chill Magic Man. Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion. BTW, College Athletes should get paid, especially football players.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #38
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Whoa. Calm Down, man. Chill Magic Man. Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion. BTW, College Athletes should get paid, especially football players.

Lol, nah, I'm good. Just giving that a-hole his own medicane. GOBB somehow thinks his opinions are fact. Pffffft. Anyway, I honestly don't anything wrong with the list. It's not like he's on some crazy sh*t saying, I want 100 bags of skittles with all the red ones removed.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #39
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

seems pretty minimal actually...
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #40
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
No sarcasm. I mean, the maybach request is kind of strange and unreasonable, but besides that it doesnt seem too off.

I can go home right now and heat my apartment to 72 degrees by pushing a little lever an inch to the right....not that big a deal. Pretty much every room has climate control these days.

All the rest of the stuff, the food and liquor, thats nothing. Especially for a large university like Arizona. Adequate relaxed lighting is barely even a request.

im pretty sure the only thing they didn't comply with is the alcohol. The school is not allowed to provide alcohol with their budget. Ive booked hundreds of shows with colleges and this has always been the case.

And maybe the car, we are talking Tucson ****ing Arizona. Theyd have to get one in phoenix and drive it down there. Im sure they advanced with the production manager and arranged for something more easily attainable. There isn't anything to do in tucson anyway.

Also, if them not providing this stuff was not cleared by the agent and managers before hand then jay z could cancelled and still been paid 100% of the guarantee agreed upon per contract. Which leads me to believe this was agreed and accepted before hand.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #41
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
First of all, you're way too angry about this. It's not exactly blasphemous that we assume that the **** he asks for is actually for HIM.

Second of all, college athletes shouldn't be paid. They get a full ride scholarship, room and board, tuition, everything. All that while getting to play the sport they love and getting a college education. Sounds pretty damn fair to me.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #42
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
First of all, you're way too angry about this. It's not exactly blasphemous that we assume that the **** he asks for is actually for HIM.

I was just about to say this....

Magic Man, how the hell do you know that Jay doesn't smoke cigs? Unless you are in his circle or personally know the guy...don't assume. Plus, it's a openly known fact he smokes/smoked weed and is a big time cigar aficionado...not too crazy for him to smoke cigs. And the comment about being a "diva" celeb....well that term is usually put on females lol but...the way they want everything to be right and on point is somewhat diva-like.

50 Cent wanted like 20 bottles of liqour, two XBox's, multiple games, a whole lounge area set up(concert was outdoors),specific food requirements, as well as a bunch of other ****....When you are on that level, nobody is gonna be like "we are paying you too much for the show already, we can't do that" unless it's something stupid. It's more along the lines of "This is a 50/50 deal...you do your part and I'll do mine"....
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: