Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #61
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Official NBA Draft Lottery Thread: Tuesday, 5/19

What channel and time will it be on ?
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #62
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far

Seacaucus NJ is literally 5 miles from Madison Square Garden.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #63
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its funny how many people don't understand how the NBA Draft Lottery works, in that the only places that are "drawn" for are the top 3, then it goes by record after that.

It's the reason why the team with the worst record has the best chance of being the #4 pick out of every lottery team.... see Boston in the Oden/Durant draft.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #64
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I tried to explain to a non-sports friends about why I was so excited for tomorrow.

Him: So you are watching a game?

Me: No it's the draft lottery

Him: So they pick which guys go where

Me: No, they're just picking ping pong balls to determine to the order of the top three picks. We won't know who gets picked where for a couple months.

Him: And this is fun to watch?

The discussion made me realize how absurd the whole thing is...and yet it still feels like Christmas eve. I have a problem.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #65
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
The discussion made me realize how absurd the whole thing is...and yet it still feels like Christmas eve. I have a problem.

It's not absurd. Its a fun day to be a fan.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #66
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
It's not absurd. Its a fun day to be a fan.

Until our dreams of franchise changers are crushed. I'm going to say a prayer before bed and I'm not even religious.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #67
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

The Raps lucked into the #1 pick fairly recently, so I can't really feel too bad if the lucks gods don't smile their way again...but damn would Blake look good in Raptor red. Then send Bosh off to GSW for Anthony Randolph/SG/ +pick to fill whatever hole is left.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #68
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

how long is the lottery? about an hour?
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #69
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My whole life have been leading up to this.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #70
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

i'm really looking forward to this, i hope my kings will get the #1 pick!
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 AM   #71
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
how long is the lottery? about an hour?

I think it's like 15 minutes... mabye they stretch it out to a half hour.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #72
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

12 hours to go. Oh, the anticipation.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #73
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to see OKC Thunder get the number 1 pick.

It would annoy a lot of people, but man that lineup would be great to watch.

Then if they sign a shooting guard e.g. Ben Gordon (or trade for one using Jeff Green) imagine this lineup:

PG: Westbrook
SG: Gordon / decent SG
SF: Durant
PF: Griffin
C: Anyone 7 ft tall

I just don't want Washington to get it, that would be seriously undeserved.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #74
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekarts
I'd like to see OKC Thunder get the number 1 pick.

It would annoy a lot of people, but man that lineup would be great to watch.

I just don't want Washington to get it, that would be seriously undeserved.

Yup. Teams that don't deserve it, shouldn't get pick:

OKC (Too many high picks)
Washington (Tanked on purpose)
Toronto (They won lottery with Bargnani)
Milwaukee (They won lottery with Bogut)

Teams that deserve it:

Sacramento Kings (Great fans, they truly need a great player)
NY Knicks (Because we are awesome and it would be great for league)
Old 05-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #75
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I'm feeling a Toronto pick at #3, giving us a tough time picking between Thabeet and one of the swingman prospects.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: