Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Arena measures Q and R

there are two measures that sacramento county voters can vote on, one is the 1/4 of 1% tax increase, and the other is the building of a new entertaiment arena and the development of the neglected downtown trainyard. Now, I don't live in Sac county (I happen to live in Butte county), so I can't vote on this, but this will effect all of the northstate. So for those of you who do live there, will you vote, and which way will you vote and why?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I live in Tehama county but I have an aunt in Sac who I don't think is going to vote for it which pisses me off. It's something that people should vote for because it's about more than the Kings, it's about building up the rail yards etc. and creating a 1st class facility that can host 1st tier events. No arena, no Kings=no Sacramento 1st class entertainment like concerts and stuff. It's a mentally exhausting issue to talk about though.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i agree BM. right now, i honestly dont think its going to pass, as much as i hate to admit it. i live in sac, so of course im voting yes, but man if u got relatives u gotta make sure they vote yes, that's something you CAN do.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
i agree BM. right now, i honestly dont think its going to pass, as much as i hate to admit it. i live in sac, so of course im voting yes, but man if u got relatives u gotta make sure they vote yes, that's something you CAN do.

I'm trying dude, but whenever I bring up the benefits of it they just say some wrong information why it's bad that I correct, and then they're just like "well it's not your money". They don't care about the Kings as much as I do, it sucks. I don't even know if they'll vote though. If they won't vote for the arena, I hope they don't vote at all. I'll keep trying the next time I see them, but I dunno man the way they are it's a tall order. Get your friends/family to vote too.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i wish is could vote...
How old are you guys?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
i wish is could vote...
How old are you guys?

Can you get your family to vote for it dude? Like your mom and dad, relatives(if you got any in sac)? I don't live in Sac so I don't have a vote, but I got an aunt who does so I'm going to try to convince them to vote for it. Last but not least, try to get your friends and their families to vote for it.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

im getting my parents to vote for sure. we need the kings in sac.

INSIDE INFO: the maloofs probably won't go to anaheim since n-korea tested their nukes, if you don't know what im talking about check out the north korea nuke thread. lol.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
im getting my parents to vote for sure. we need the kings in sac.

INSIDE INFO: the maloofs probably won't go to anaheim since n-korea tested their nukes, if you don't know what im talking about check out the north korea nuke thread. lol.

I know what you mean, and I think if NK wanted to nuke our state they would probably choose LA over Sac. As far as causing destruction and stuff it would hurt the US a lot more right? Because a lot of the TV industry is in hollywood, there are like 10 times more people, and it's a bigger area.

You know if the Maloofs personally said anything about it though?

As far as getting your parents to vote for it, that's really good. Another thing you could do is get some of those Q&R signs/pamphlets and hand them out to people. Volunteer work and stuff. If you want to find out more about this stuff ask I guess, I'd do it but I live like an hour and a half away from Sacramento county so I can't vote and I don't exactly have friends there besides family. Almost everyone at my HS would vote for it though if they could, everybody I've talked to loves the Kings.

Basically the arena isn't just a Sacramento thing, it effects other counties like Butte, Tehama, northern Cali in general. Even fans from the bay.

And the arena isn't just a Kings thing. There are a lot of other events held at Arco like concerts, we'd get even more in a newer-better arena. Maybe even an NHL team IIRC. There are family orientated events like those ice shows about cartoons and stuff. There are skating events. If the Kings leave, Sac doesn't get a new arena, and Arco WILL eventually get torn down in about 4-5 years then the only entertainment left in Sacramento will be the clubs and stuff for college students/people in their 20s. Nothin for sports fans, families, teenagers, younger kids, old folks. It will seriously suck.

BTW people also need to hear that Dave Jones(anti arena dude, I'll find some bee articles with him in it and point out his flat out LIES btw) and Dave Tamayo(other anti arena moron) are flat out liars. These guys make up BS arguments like "poor people will be taxed on food"(note: groceries aren't taxable in Sacramento County unless it's a prepared food like a pre-maid sandwhich at the Deli or resturaunt etc.) or "this takes away money from things we already need"(another lie, this is a tax that creates 600 million for an arena and 600 million for the city, it doesn't take away any money).

This tax has too much upside to fail IMO if people are smart. It basically ammounts to a cup of coffee at starbucks per month.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #9
Targus™
Good college starter

when u are convicing your relatives, i'd say try to avoid bringing up the kings/sports, keep it a general issue, with what it would do to revitalize the sacramento community.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
Targus™
Good college starter

i'm going to miss ARCO...so many memories in that crappy building.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Hey Targus could you please get people to know the facts too? Tell your friends and family?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #12
Targus™
Good college starter

me and a few buddies almost everyone where i work to either vote yes (or not vote at all if they will vote no). most of my relatives are already for it too, so i think ive done my part. but i still havent seen a single vote yes commercial by the maloofs, have you?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #13
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I'm trying dude, but whenever I bring up the benefits of it they just say some wrong information why it's bad that I correct, and then they're just like "well it's not your money". They don't care about the Kings as much as I do, it sucks. I don't even know if they'll vote though. If they won't vote for the arena, I hope they don't vote at all. I'll keep trying the next time I see them, but I dunno man the way they are it's a tall order. Get your friends/family to vote too.

You have to make them realize that is isn't just their money. This is a SALES TAX increase, plus it isn't that much (1/4 of 1% which means for every $100.00 you spend, it's an extra $0.25). That means that if somebody buys a beer, or a toy for their kid, or goes to a kings game and eats a meal afterwards, they are contributing. And trust me, there are a lot of people outside Sac county that go to sac for kings games, and if there are events in the new arena, that draws others from around the northstate and THEY CONTRIBUTE, NOT JUST PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE. Please make that point to all you talk to.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #14
Targus™
Good college starter

the only thing im concerned about is the traffic...like there isn't already enough traffic down here.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

[quote=BradMiller52]I know what you mean, and I think if NK wanted to nuke our state they would probably choose LA over Sac. As far as causing destruction and stuff it would hurt the US a lot more right? Because a lot of the TV industry is in hollywood, there are like 10 times more people, and it's a bigger area.

QUOTE]

What da f*ck you want N. Korea to hit LA not SAC you f*cken a** hole just kidding your right the odds are they would hit LA over Sac any day!!!

But I need the Kings to stay in Sac if they didn't I would have to travel far to watch the Laker's game, and I get free tickets to King's game and I don't want to lose that!!! And if wasn't for ISH I wouldn't have gain respect for King's fans!!!

But I was told the plan for the King's to move wasn't till 2010 and if they go sooner I will be very depress!!

Sac I was told will still be happy because they would have a Pro Baseball team by then!!!

This is info I gained from businesses and people that have a lot investment!!

I loved Arco!!!!!

Last edited by mariodeathgrip : 10-14-2006 at 07:46 PM.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: