Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #16
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

I never voted be4, this year I have to vote YES!! I get negative feedback from almost everybody in Sac, it's like people are scared of the tiny tax increase...WTF!!! F'n bastards, Kings are outta here if they don't get a new arena and I don't blame em.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #17
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I know what you mean, and I think if NK wanted to nuke our state they would probably choose LA over Sac. As far as causing destruction and stuff it would hurt the US a lot more right? Because a lot of the TV industry is in hollywood, there are like 10 times more people, and it's a bigger area.

What da f*ck you want N. Korea to hit LA not SAC you f*cken ass hole just kidding your right the odds are they would hit LA over Sac any day!!!

But I need the Kings to stay in Sac if they didn't I would have to travel far to watch the Laker's game, and I get free tickets to King's game and I don't want to lose that!!! And if wasn't for ISH I wouldn't have gain respect for King's fans!!!

But I was told the plan for the King's to move wasn't till 2010 and if they go sooner I will be very depress!!

Sac I was told will still be happy because they would have a Pro Baseball team by then!!!

This is info I gained from businesses and people that have a lot investment!!

I loved Arco!!!!!

I don't want North Korea to hit anywhere with a nuke, I REALLY don't want it to be in my state. That ****(radiation and stuff) will go all over Cali anyway I think so we'll all be screwed, just not as much as the area that is actually hit by the nuke IF it hits. I don't want it to hit LA though, never said I did. But it's probably more likely because honestly that area's(Southern Cali) more important than our area(Northern Cali) to the way the US works.

BTW Mariodeathgrip I'm BEGGING you to vote yes if you have a vote/can, and if you have relatives/friends I'm BEGGING you to try to convince them to stay. I'll be kind of busy in the next few days but I'm really going to try to get some facts and stuff together that the posters here can tell/show people who can then spread it to more people. I realize it might not help it pass that much but right now it's a longshot that it passes anyway and unless someone(the fans can help if we try!) does something to keep the Kings here we won't have an NBA team. Someone's gotta get something started, why not us?

I don't care what team you're a fan of but if you live in this area then you need to vote for it(in my opinion). If you're a laker fan and the Kings leave that's 2 times a year you won't get to go to a laker game, and if you're a laker fan livin up here you probably don't get to go to many anyway. Also if you're a Kings fan, explain to people who aren't NBA fans what it can do for the city, but explain to them everything else we can gain.

BTW if you're explaining to them then you should also tell them about the 600 million dollars that will go towards community projects. There has been so much focus about the deal on the Kings that people forget about that, but the money will be able to be spent on things to make Sac a better place to be. It will give people more entertainment and it will make the community safer. The tax is .25 of a cent, it's only going to cost maybe a cup of coffee a month. 12 less trips to starbucks=new arena sounds like a very good deal to me.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #18
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb Ice chizzling through those veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip

What da f*ck you want N. Korea to hit LA not SAC you f*cken ass hole just kidding your right the odds are they would hit LA over Sac any day!!!

But I need the Kings to stay in Sac if they didn't I would have to travel far to watch the Laker's game, and I get free tickets to King's game and I don't want to lose that!!! And if wasn't for ISH I wouldn't have gain respect for King's fans!!!

But I was told the plan for the King's to move wasn't till 2010 and if they go sooner I will be very depress!!

Sac I was told will still be happy because they would have a Pro Baseball team by then!!!

This is info I gained from businesses and people that have a lot investment!!

I loved Arco!!!!!

Oh god Baseball...I can sometimes watch playoff games if its Giants, A's , Red Sox or Yankees(Haha to them, So much talent, eliminated so early),but either than that...yikes man. Baseball..?

Hopefully this arena thing will go through and we'll have a new arena soon...
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

yeah i barely saw some "yes on Q and R" banners all over elk grove and parts of sac.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #20
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

I live in natomas and I have seen ZERO signs on lawns or in my neighborhood. There haven't been many TV/radio/paper ads either. No one calling or going door to door either. This is pathetic on the maloofs part and city's part. They need to spend some money on marketing
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #21
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I live in natomas and I have seen ZERO signs on lawns or in my neighborhood. There haven't been many TV/radio/paper ads either. No one calling or going door to door either. This is pathetic on the maloofs part and city's part. They need to spend some money on marketing

Where is the city going to get the money? The Maloofs are busy throwing a fit over the parking and won't contribute until they get a deal done.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #22
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Where is the city going to get the money? The Maloofs are busy throwing a fit over the parking and won't contribute until they get a deal done.

The polls have indicated that the proposal will fail and the funds for advertising have dried up. None of those with an interest at stake; the Maloofs, the city, the Georgia development co., local construction firms and labor unions, are not anxious to throw money away for a losing cause.

IMO, the Maloofs have a legitimate beef. At the present location, they depend on the income from 8,000 parking spaces and food and merchandise sales. At a downtown arena, income from these sources would be greatly reduced.

There would tentatively be only 3,000 parking spaces and there would be no restrictions on the number of shops and restaurants which would sprout up right outside the doors of the areana--which would cater to fans before and after the games and other events.

I suspect that other avenues are already being explored, regarding the financing of a new arena. Since much of the infrastructure (roads, utility lines, parking , etc.) is already in place at Natomas, that may be the best location for a new facility.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #23
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

at this point, i really do not care where it's built, as long as it is in Sacramento. Obviously I love the idea of a downtown arena, but if it doesn't work, oh well.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #24
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
at this point, i really do not care where it's built, as long as it is in Sacramento. Obviously I love the idea of a downtown arena, but if it doesn't work, oh well.

I agree!
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #25
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
co-sign
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 AM   #26
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The polls have indicated that the proposal will fail and the funds for advertising have dried up. None of those with an interest at stake; the Maloofs, the city, the Georgia development co., local construction firms and labor unions, are not anxious to throw money away for a losing cause.

IMO, the Maloofs have a legitimate beef. At the present location, they depend on the income from 8,000 parking spaces and food and merchandise sales. At a downtown arena, income from these sources would be greatly reduced.

There would tentatively be only 3,000 parking spaces and there would be no restrictions on the number of shops and restaurants which would sprout up right outside the doors of the areana--which would cater to fans before and after the games and other events.

I suspect that other avenues are already being explored, regarding the financing of a new arena. Since much of the infrastructure (roads, utility lines, parking , etc.) is already in place at Natomas, that may be the best location for a new facility.

I just don't see why they can't compromise about the parking. Like make it 6,000 spots or something. If they want to get a deal done they'll have to compromise IMO. It just sucks that theyre fighting over it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: