Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
ThinAirSports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ThinAirSports has an OK reputation so far
Default No Love in Denver, No Problem

Last nights victory for the Denver Nuggets is the most exciting thing to happen to the city of Denver since a certain 21 game winning streak. We here in the Mile High City donít mind being counted out and left for dead. Just like the 2007 Rockies, nobody has given this Nuggets team a chance. Read the full article at http://thinairsports.org/2009/05/14/...-older-than-i/
ThinAirSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: No Love in Denver, No Problem

This nuggets winning in the playoffs thing is like coke- its awsome and then you want more- please no more ac on kobe- or kmart, he and nene against gasol is the key
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

If Balkman doesn't get any minutes I think were gonna lose this (possible) matchup.

If Carter defends Kobe were gonna lose for sure. I'm fine with Dahntay on him, maybe even Carmelo but Carter always gets dominated by Kobe.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

milehighnuggz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
If Balkman doesn't get any minutes I think were gonna lose this (possible) matchup.

If Carter defends Kobe were gonna lose for sure. I'm fine with Dahntay on him, maybe even Carmelo but Carter always gets dominated by Kobe.

Still hating on George Karl, get over it he's a good coach.
milehighnuggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighnuggz
Still hating on George Karl, get over it he's a good coach.

Just because were winning doesn't mean he's a good coach. People like you are why Avery Johnson won coach of the year
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Just because were winning doesn't mean he's a good coach. People like you are why Avery Johnson won coach of the year

So when George is voted in the HOF what then....if he coached only ONE team and won alot i would agree. But he has coached multiple teams and won.I know you hate him and don't want to give him his props but I believe you are like the ZEN MASTER. Believing if you keep your eyes wide SHUT it will go away. I guess even when the Nugs win the championship you will still say well he is still not a good coach.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Geandily
Local High School Star

I'm not gonna be one of those people that when a team is winning the coach is good and when the team is losing the coach is bad.

Karl doesn't do things that a good coach should do, if he were beating teams that had more talent than us then he would be a good coach. The Mavs and Hornets were not nearly as good as us talent wise, if I see him doing good coaching I'll admit it.

What I think is funny is that he says the +/- stat is the most important stat to him and yet Carter is always the worst on the team in that category and yet he just gets more and more minutes. Tell ya what will make me think Karl is a good coach: Carmelo goes down and we still win the championship.

If that happens I will admit that he is the best coach ever.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

Quote:

lol kid you crack me up. What are these things that a good coach should be doing? To me it sounds like you play for the nuggets cuz you must have some inside info or something. So give us the details that in your crazy little mind you think he isnt doing.

Last edited by milehighnuggz : 05-17-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #9
Geandily
Local High School Star

I'm sad that I was right

Nuggets will not win a championship until Karl is gone.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
I'm sad that I was right

Nuggets will not win a championship until Karl is gone.

Atleast you said sad instead of suprised- it is almost unbearable to watch what isn't the best team possible to be put out on the floor

The lakers are playing the perfect defense against karls rotations- they will try to trick ac,jones, kmart, and birdmman to shoot or drive-make chauncey work hard by pressuring him and see if carmelo can beat you with jumpshots(he almost did)

For melo and nene to get to the line and score at the basket there has to be more than 1 shooter playing with them- jr has to play when melo, nene, and kmart are in- just too many really tall players standing in the lane

Nugs badly needed more or atleast ealier out of chauncey, jr, or both-need kleiza in this series but a kleiza playing with confidence(wich looked at an alltime low)- and need balkman to replace carter and jones in the rotation as a perimiter defender

This team could win this series
-billups
-jr
-carmelo
-kmart
-nene
Balkman
Kleiza
Birdman

9-jones
10-petro

Take the names and numbers off the jerseys and karls twisted ego away and any basketball coach in the world should use that rotation- its the sqaud the nugs have

Ac is not a pg- its a wast of a player- dribbling the ball across half court is not being a pg- initiating an offense is what a pg does and the players on the nuggets that can do that are billups, carmelo, jr, and I think balkman could

I would love to see the nuggets best 8 players play this series because I think the nugs are better than the lakers but we won't see that until its too late if at all-

karl chooses not to coach the physically most dominant team in the league- instead he chooses to insert weak links in the chain when he doesn't have to?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

The fact that you think balkman can initiate your team offensively means you have down syndrome and should just kill yourself.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
The fact that you think balkman can initiate your team offensively means you have down syndrome and should just kill yourself.

I do think that, but we know carter can't- there has been a hundred and some games of proof that he can't

I don't get the level of hate for someones post- the reason in writing is because it appears that you and others must not be able to notice the differences, you just asked for details in calling someone else out- it has to be assumed that you just don't understand why its important to play your best players together and why it matters who plays with who

Can you see a difference in how the nuggets are defended with carter or jones on the court?

Do you believe carter is a better defender against gaurds than balkman(if you've seen enough of balkman covering gaurds)

Do you believe that jones positive effect on team defense is greater than his negative effect on the teams offense?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #13
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:

You're the dumbest poster on these forums and you're the one calling other people retarded? Remember when you thought that George Karl was a good coach because we were winning a bunch of games? Why do you never eat your crow huh buddy?

Karl is a scumbag coach that plays favorites and the proof is in the stats. Karl loves +/- and Carter, who always has the worst +/- on the team just gets more and more minutes. Balkman who, when he got playing time was amazing in the +/- column.

Karl preaches 3 things:

Defense
Cutting to the Basket on Offense
Running the Fastbreak

Balkman is the best player on our team at doing all 3 of those things and yet he never gets to play. If Balkman was 32 years old and cut the turkey at thanksgiving he would play every single game. Karl is an immature ogre of a man, I actually have dreams of him getting fired.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #14
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

Quote:
You're the dumbest poster on these forums and you're the one calling other people retarded? Remember when you thought that George Karl was a good coach because we were winning a bunch of games? Why do you never eat your crow huh buddy?

Karl is a scumbag coach that plays favorites and the proof is in the stats. Karl loves +/- and Carter, who always has the worst +/- on the team just gets more and more minutes. Balkman who, when he got playing time was amazing in the +/- column.

Karl preaches 3 things:

Defense
Cutting to the Basket on Offense
Running the Fastbreak

Balkman is the best player on our team at doing all 3 of those things and yet he never gets to play. If Balkman was 32 years old and cut the turkey at thanksgiving he would play every single game. Karl is an immature ogre of a man, I actually have dreams of him getting fired.

I dont eat crow cuz i'm never wrong?

If i ever saw you around denver i'd make you eat **** though.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #15
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
I dont eat crow cuz i'm never wrong?

If i ever saw you around denver i'd make you eat **** though.

You are such a tough guy!

So hey, you call everybody "kid", you are obviously stupid and threaten people over the internet. I'm going to guess that you're an 18-22 year old frat boy that goes to CSU, right? Hell, I doubt you could even get into CSU...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: