Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakerraider

so what do u think of my PM?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:35 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Another PM topic?

BTW Lakerraider should be the mod of this forum.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
So here is the dealio,

Egypt originally was a christian orthodox country (which i am). It was invaded by saudi arabia and we were forced to learn arabic or we would be killed.

Its all very sensitive to talk about this in public.

but yeah, Originally egypt is a christian country.

but egypt NOW could be cnsidereed part of the arab league.

When was Egypt invaded by Saudi Arabia??? Was Saudi Arabia originally a country at that time??? I think the Ottomans colonized Egypt to make it part of the Ottoman Empire.

Egypt wasn't considered part of the Arab League recently. Egypt was actually one of the founders of the Arab League and their date of admission to the Arab League was March 22nd, 1945.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
When was Egypt invaded by Saudi Arabia??? Was Saudi Arabia originally a country at that time??? I think the Ottomans colonized Egypt to make it part of the Ottoman Empire.

Egypt wasn't considered part of the Arab League recently. Egypt was actually one of the founders of the Arab League and their date of admission to the Arab League was March 22nd, 1945.

Ok it goes like this.

Egypt's people were being persecuted by the byzantine empire.

the saudi arabians then developed and they said they would protct us if they took over our government...so desperate for help they took over and got the byzantines out.

But then arabs started taking things to their control.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Another PM topic?

BTW Lakerraider should be the mod of this forum.

Hehehe, thanks man.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Ok it goes like this.

Egypt's people were being persecuted by the byzantine empire.

the saudi arabians then developed and they said they would protct us if they took over our government...so desperate for help they took over and got the byzantines out.

But then arabs started taking things to their control.

It wasn't Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia wasn't considered a country at that time. It was between Empires and Dynasties, not countries.

Your original idea was that Egyptians aren't considered Arab. They are considered Arab. You say that you are not considered Arab because of former empires colonizing Egypt. Great Britain conolized the United States, so does that mean we're all British??? Just wondering.

That doesn't change the fact that you are Arab. Whether you're Christian, Jew, or Muslim; you're still Arab. If you are not Arab, what do you consider yourself??? Just wondering.

We're still Los Angeles Lakers, that's all that matters, but let's keep up with this debate:)

Last edited by LakerRaider : 10-09-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
It wasn't Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia wasn't considered a country at that time. It was between Empires and Dynasties, not countries.

Your original idea was that Egyptians aren't considered Arab. They are considered Arab. You say that you are not considered Arab because of former empires colonizing Egypt. Great Britain conolized the United States, so does that mean we're all British??? Just wondering.

That doesn't change the fact that you are Arab. Whether you're Christian, Jew, or Muslim; you're still Arab. If you are not Arab, what do you consider yourself??? Just wondering.

We're still Los Angeles Lakers, that's all that matters, but let's keep up with this debate:)

Sorry my bad....I mixed saudi arabia with something else.

totally a mix up...I learned too many things in life.

But i think the first was the byzantines...then islam or w.e

I dont consider myself arab i would consider myself egyptian (purebred) lol

The fact of the matter is I am Coptic. and Coptic isnt arab.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Egyptians are orignally Egyptians. This goes back to the ancient egyptian civilizations where their language was made up of heiroglyphics and their religion consisted of many gods. As Islam grew in arabia (present day saudi arabia and iran and that whole part)..muslims took control of Egypt. So today, Egyptians are arabs but if you want to talk about what Egyptians originally are, they are not arabs..i guess you can call them meditrannian or something. And thats why among all the arab countries, one can identify an egyptian easiest because they dont trace back to arabs
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Well you got them right but u forgot a middle part.

So there was hyroglyphics...then The language coptic was made from heiroglyphics and greek mixed together.

then the original religion after that was Coptic Orthodox Christians.

thennn islam started the invasions.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:05 AM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Another thing, my mom is half egyptain and I visited egypt a few times. people over there absolutely hate arab countries like saudi arabia and such. they want nothing to do with them and always criticizing them. and if im right, saudis hate egyptians too. basically, egyptians hate alot of traits that are in arabs even though they are arab but you could definetly see that they are different as an indication that they come from other traces
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:06 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Sorry my bad....I mixed saudi arabia with something else.

totally a mix up...I learned too many things in life.

But i think the first was the byzantines...then islam or w.e

I dont consider myself arab i would consider myself egyptian (purebred) lol

The fact of the matter is I am Coptic. and Coptic isnt arab.

No problem man.

Coptic is referred to a sect of Christianity. Coptic Christianity is a religion, not an ethnicity or nationality.

Your religion is Coptic.

Your nationality is either American or Egyptian.

Your ethnicity is Middle Eastern or Arab.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
No problem man.

Coptic is referred to a sect of Christianity. Coptic Christianity is a religion, not an ethnicity or nationality.

Your religion is Coptic.

Your nationality is either American or Egyptian.

Your ethnicity is Middle Eastern or Arab.

Well yeah...it was called egypt the whole time...so I would say I am from egypt but the language I speak is coptic.

however I speak arabic because thats the main language...coptic is very rare.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #14
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Another thing, my mom is half egyptain and I visited egypt a few times. people over there absolutely hate arab countries like saudi arabia and such. they want nothing to do with them and always criticizing them. and if im right, saudis hate egyptians too. basically, egyptians hate alot of traits that are in arabs even though they are arab but you could definetly see that they are different as an indication that they come from other traces

This kind of action is seen in all countries. Cambodians get offended when you call them Vietnamese. Vietnamese people might hate Thai people because of a certain grudge. Vietnamese might hate Cambodians because of the Khmer Rouge. Japanese and Korean people got some beef because of historical differences.

All this doesn't change the fact that they're Asian.

It's the same in this case. Lebanses people might hate Syrians because Syrians might be regarded as trouble makers. Egyptians are not liked probably because they might be regarded as they think too much of themselves. Kuwaitis might hate Iraqis because of the invasion, and so on.

All this doesn't change the fact that they're Arab.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #15
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Egyptians are orignally Egyptians. This goes back to the ancient egyptian civilizations where their language was made up of heiroglyphics and their religion consisted of many gods. As Islam grew in arabia (present day saudi arabia and iran and that whole part)..muslims took control of Egypt. So today, Egyptians are arabs but if you want to talk about what Egyptians originally are, they are not arabs..i guess you can call them meditrannian or something. And thats why among all the arab countries, one can identify an egyptian easiest because they dont trace back to arabs

You can use that argument for everybody hotsizzle. By your logic, Americans are actually British since the British colonized the United States and the United States was under British rule.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: