Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far
Default Blake Griffin, how does he compare to a guy like

Elton Brand when he came out of Duke?
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Blake Griffin, how does he compare to a guy like

Ehh?

Blake is a better athlete, while Elton was more polished in terms of the fundamentals.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
GiveItToBurrito

I didn't really follow the NBA for a while after Jordan retired, but everything I've read about Brand as a young player says that he was pretty developed and polished, basically a complete NBA player. Griffin's definitely more athletic, and I think that he'll average around the same numbers as Brand at the same age, but I doubt he'll come into the league and put up 20 and 10 or something next year. If I had to guess, I'd say that Griffin puts up 16 and 9 next year, 18 and 10 the year after, and around 20 and 10 after that.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
darius15
High School JV MVP

darius15 has decent reputationdarius15 has decent reputation

He's like a K-Mart\ Amare mix. More athletic than Brand, for sure. Needs to polish his game.

I see him scoring 14-15 ppg with 8-9 rebounds in his rookie year.
darius15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius15
He's like a K-Mart\ Amare mix. More athletic than Brand, for sure. Needs to polish his game.

I completely agree with you. He looks a lot like Amare.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

brand was fundamentally sound as a bigman. all duke bigmen are fundamentally sound when drafted out of the first round like boozer was.

problem with duke bigmen is that they are all undersized bigs in translation to the NBA. but at least brand somewhat made up for that with his freakish wingspan.

griffin is nowhere near brand's skill or fundamentals.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

i dont know but Blake Griffin should be a beast
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
NZ33
High School Starter

NZ33 is considered somewhat coolNZ33 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius15

Excellent comparisons alot of people also compare him a lot to a young Antonio Mcdyess during his Nuggets days before he blew out his knee.
NZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Ehh?

HE SAID, HOW DOES GRIFFIN COMPARE TO BRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
HE SAID, HOW DOES GRIFFIN COMPARE TO BRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ehh?

Why ya so bolded?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Ehh?

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?????
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?????
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Blake Griffin will be better then Amare and Kmart easily.

You can tell the guy is focused on basketball and developing his skills.
Have you seen him shoot and handle the basketball??
Its pretty damn impressive for a 20 year old.

I guess will have to wait and see though
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
Blake Griffin will be better then Amare and Kmart easily.

Probably a bit too big of call at this stage.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

FULL CLIP has an OK reputation so far

I think he's more polished than K-mart. I like the Young McDyess comparison, that sounds pretty spot on.
FULL CLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: