Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What should Mavs do this off-season?

I think if the Mavs don't re-sign J-Kidd they should go after Stephon Marbury or try to sign a young PG like Raymond Felton or Ramon Session. Second, the Mavs need to upgrade at the SG spot, they should try to get Stephen Jackson from the Warriors or try to get Jamal Crawford.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Sign and trade Kidd.
Finally I Found Some One Who Agrees With Sign N Trade Kidd and Draft Or Trade For A Young Point Guard
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #18
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I think if the Mavs don't re-sign J-Kidd they should go after Stephon Marbury or try to sign a young PG like Raymond Felton or Ramon Session. Second, the Mavs need to upgrade at the SG spot, they should try to get Stephen Jackson from the Warriors or try to get Jamal Crawford.
stephen jackson maybe would be a good fit.
raymond felton too if they pay him less than 7mil a season.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #19
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

depletedW has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
stephen jackson maybe would be a good fit.
raymond felton too if they pay him less than 7mil a season.
Jackson would be a great fit. Of all of the players that the Mavs have a realistic shot of acquiring, he intrigues me the most.

I just wonder what we would have to give up to get him. Might have to cut ties with Josh, even though I would like to keep him around to play alongside Jackson.
depletedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Glo41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by depletedW
Jackson would be a great fit. Of all of the players that the Mavs have a realistic shot of acquiring, he intrigues me the most.

I just wonder what we would have to give up to get him. Might have to cut ties with Josh, even though I would like to keep him around to play alongside Jackson.
If GS wants to save money then a straight up swap of Stack for Jax would make sense. If they trade him before Aug.10 then they could buy him out for just 2 mil, not to mention all the tax relief.

Problem is that they just extended his contract, so I'm guessing they want him there long term.

Last edited by Glo41 : 06-06-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #21
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo41
If GS wants to save money then a straight up swap of Stack for Jax would make sense. If they buy him about before Aug.10 then they could buy him out for just 2 mil, not to mention all the tax relief.

Problem is that they just extended his contract, so I'm guessing they want him there long term.
I just can't figure out what GS wants to do exactly.

Are they in a rebuilding mode? If so, Jackson would be one of their biggest trading chips.

Or are they trying to win now? If they are, they haven't done a good job of it. If they are serious, why do they just overload their roster with players who can only shoot.

Stackhouse is definantly the Mavs biggest trading chip. His contract would be very appealing to teams looking to shed some payroll.

Last edited by depletedW : 06-22-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Dampier is also a huge expiring because his 2nd year is a team option. Considering how many teams want to save money or enter the 2010 sweepstakes, our team could significantly improve if the FO does their job.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #23
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

I am so thrilled that Dampier is actually tradable for the first time in forever.

Now all of the pressure is on Donnie and Cuban to make it work this offseason. The days of kicking back and taking it slow are over. This team needs more than just a few minor tweaks, which is mostly all we have done the last few years. The time to win with Dirk is right now, as he is playing some of the best ball of his career. And since he turns 31 later this month, his time is not unlimited.

I will be furious as a fan if this roster does not appear to have any substantial improvement by the time training camp starts. We have a few bullets to fire, and a weakened economy that may allow us to be opportunistic.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:01 AM   #24
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by depletedW
I am so thrilled that Dampier is actually tradable for the first time in forever.

Now all of the pressure is on Donnie and Cuban to make it work this offseason. The days of kicking back and taking it slow are over. This team needs more than just a few minor tweaks, which is mostly all we have done the last few years. The time to win with Dirk is right now, as he is playing some of the best ball of his career. And since he turns 31 later this month, his time is not unlimited.

I will be furious as a fan if this roster does not appear to have any substantial improvement by the time training camp starts. We have a few bullets to fire, and a weakened economy that may allow us to be opportunistic.
Amen brutha.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 AM   #25
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

paperstreet has an OK reputation so far

Plan
Upgrade at Center
High Scoring Wing

Pieces to use
Dampier (he is expiring since he will not meet the requirements for his last year)
Stack- Can be bought out for only $2million, but for trade purposes, he counts at $7million
Josh Howard - expiring after this season. Don't give away easily.
Sign and Trade Bass

Targets:
Kaman
Hinrich
Josh Smith
Monta Ellis
Michael Redd
Richard Jefferson
Gooden
Gortat
Matt Barnes
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #26
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far

What are the requirements for his last year?
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
What are the requirements for his last year?
I'm assuming you're talking about dampier. I'm not 100% sure about all of the details, but I believe that at least one of two things has to happen in order for his last year to be paid to him in full:

1. He must play in any three All-Star games from the 2004-2005 season through the 2009-2010 season.

2. His minutes must add up to at least 2,100 minutes in the 70 regular season games in the 2009-2010 season in which he plays the most minutes. And if he plays less than 70 games, then his minutes must be at least 2,100.

Neither of those has/will happen.

Last edited by depletedW : 06-22-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #28
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

what about damp for brand? would phily make this deal it doesn't seem like they want to pay him if he's injured all the time. does he fit it with rick's coaching style?
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #29
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

Quote:
what about damp for brand? would phily make this deal it doesn't seem like they want to pay him if he's injured all the time. does he fit it with rick's coaching style?

I'm not sure if Eddie Jordan wants to trade Brand, unless they just want to try and dump his big contract.

If traded, Brand would be welcomed here with open arms as the post-scorer we have never had and a solid 2nd option behind Dirk. Carlisle did a good job of utilizing the skills of his players and playing to their strengths, so he would find a way for Brand to fit in.

My biggest worry is if Brand is still capable of being effective after his injury.

Last edited by depletedW : 06-22-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #30
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Quote:
I highly doubt Philly is shopping Brand already. One injury plagued season does not merit their huge signing of last year to be traded, just to save money when it was clear they wanted to spend.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: