Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #46
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Rockets are rumored to be talking trade with the Hornets. I read #8 for #12 and #15 (I'm sure more is involved) so I hope his stock takes a hit just enough to drop him down to where we can swoop him up at #15.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #47
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

His BAC was .11.

He was good and drunk.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #48
HoosierDaddy13
Kids at the park dunk on me

HoosierDaddy13 has no real reputation yet.

WOW, here's the video after getting pulled over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSprK...%20911%20drunk
HoosierDaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #49
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Redick now having some injury problems too.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=13411

This is some really awful timing for all of this to happen.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #50
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #51
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
His BAC was .11.

He was good and drunk.

You kidding me? That's buzzed, not drunk. Show me somebody .2, and I'll show you somebody who's drunk.

Back when I was growing up, .10 was the legal limit, Redick was borderline.

He should be smart enough to know about those checkpoints in his area (never hear of such a thing myself), but without the random police action Redick would have gone home and everyone would continue to think he's a boyscout.

Last edited by FPower : 06-14-2006 at 12:50 AM.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:03 AM   #52
I hit open layups

newbie has an OK reputation so far

ouch

so much for his nba dreams...
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:23 AM   #53
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He should be smart enough to know about those checkpoints in his area (never hear of such a thing myself), but without the random police action Redick would have gone home and everyone would continue to think he's a boyscout.

Just because he didn't get caught don't make it ok. If I slept with your wife/girlfriend, would you rather not know?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:28 AM   #54
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I don't believe that one bit.

Go ahead. But dude did not stutter, blink, or nothing when he told me. I got a rather nice bull**** detector, and I believe dude. Redick barely won any games against John Gilchrist runned Tarpins, right? Could be cause he was drunk before those games. And seeing at how everyone drinks before big games at where I'm at, I can only imagine how similar or intensified it is at another prestige college basketball university. I mean, before games against Wisconsin or Michigan people are drinking here. Day of the Wake Forrest game last year? People were drunk the night before and by noon of that day. Maryland vs. Duke? Duke vs. North Carolina? Historical rivalries? Yeah, I bet he was drunk and sobered up by game time.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #55
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
You kidding me? That's buzzed, not drunk. Show me somebody .2, and I'll show you somebody who's drunk.
Nah. That's a good drunk. Enough so that he felt he couldn't make it past the checkpoint. That isn't smashed, but it's drunk.

.2 is ridiculous. That is a menace to society.

By the way, do you have a DWI or DUI as well? You talk as if you've been there.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #56
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

When you are in college or even afterwards and still in party mode, it is inevitable that you will drive while intoxicated at some point. Sometimes you have the choice of either doing it, going out and not drinking, or not going out at all. I am not saying it is right or even condoning it, but it is certainly true.
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #57
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
Just because he didn't get caught don't make it ok. If I slept with your wife/girlfriend, would you rather not know?

It just depends on if you think driving with 1.1 BAC is a big deal or not. I may have a misconception as to how drunk that is, but I think you could safely operate a vehicle in that state. I was nowhere near drunk when I went home last night, but I could have had a similar BAC.

But I don't have a breathalyzer, so perhaps I was way under.

Quote:
By the way, do you have a DWI or DUI as well? You talk as if you've been there.

No, I don't.

I'm confrontational on the subject because I think politicians have gotten out of hand when it comes to drinking and driving. They're no longer trying to keep the roads safer, but trying to eliminate drinking period. There was no reason to lower the legal limit from 1.0 to 0.8. Most people can and will safely operate their vehicle with a BAC above 1.0.

Tougher laws don't help them catch the menaces on the road. People who get absolutely hammered and drive aren't stopping because the limit's been lowered to .8. The people who get screwed by this gestapo tend to be the fairly responsible ones who have some drinks, are fine to drive, but get pulled over due to some unlucky break. (license checkpoint)

Out of the people I know, it's pretty random who has gotten a DUI. The biggest drunks I know have avoided them, while people who are much more responsible have gone to jail.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #58
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I dont think its too much to ask people not to get behind the wheel after you have been drinking...... What is so hard about that? Where is the problem? Its not someones right to get behind the wheel after drinking...they are putting other people in danger with their wrecklessness..

Cops have the right to bust your ass if they catch you driving around drunk
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #59
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
What is so hard about that? Where is the problem? Its not someones right to get behind the wheel after drinking
The thing is, you ARE allowed to drink and drive, it's not against the law. What IS against the law is drinking to the point where your BAC is greater than .8.

So now that we've established that drinking and driving is lawful, we just need to decide how much you can drink and still safely operate your vehicle. Getting somewhat back to the original topic of Redick, I think someone could safely drive with a 1.1 BAC.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #60
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Why not just call a cab when you go out drinking? too inconvienent?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: